NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Revolution Game Concepts

OK people, we spend a lot of energy on speculation in this part of the forum, from analysing everything anybody says about the revolution to picking apart supposed specs.

We should be putting our energy to better use.

Please you this thread to post any game concepts you have for the rev or feel free to comment on other people's or suggest modifications. I leave the floor open...

A spiritual sequel to Blast Corps. An enormous vehicle with hazardous cargo is making its way through some VERY tight spots. You play the part of the guy who clears the path ahead and directs the vehicle by waving a glow stick to the driver, trying to avoid property damage and a potential disaster.

Humm....I'd like to see a game where we are a fireman using the controller to throw water into the flames and the nunkchunk to move....:) Yeah this would be great!

Ooooh it sounds like Mickey's Magical Quest all over again. That was a killer game!

I can't seem to stop thinking about having two controllers and using them as virtual hands! So many games could come from this... Anybody played B17 Flying Fortress? You could actually do all those controls with your hands. Juggling mini game anyone (ala Donkey Konga)? I'd also like to see a rowing simulator... that could look sweet and the controller really suits it.

how about a good tennis game in 1st person view. the nunchuk thing to move and the controller to swing the racket. then the tilt of the controller can be used, so you can do slice's and lobs. and maybe one of the (Z?) buttons on the underside of the nunchuk can be to dive.

then if nintendo do this game or even anyone else, it would be cool if they did an online tournament. where you evter it on their website, then get matched up with some random person. it would then be cool if there was an option in the game where you can link up to the website with all the tournament info on and find you opponent, then play him/her. and it would be recorded on the servers, or something and you would advance to the next round.

would be cool if thye did this

Maybe we should send this page to nintendo so they can have some good ideias instead of cooking games....

Yep well done there. That testosterone feel good? No, onto subjects that won't get this thread locked...

^^^ Common, lighten up a little. Your mummy still take you to school or something?

The thread title is 'Revolution game concepts'. This is still a concept.... bad taste I know ...but still, its a concept.

I'm not sic or anything, but a leisure sweet Larry sequel could be quite 'innovative' on the Rev.

R18 sex game.

[The rest of the message is sensured... Watch your language]

That would be sumtin'...

LOL!!!

Thx Darkjak, at least YOU liked the funny side.

No Hard feelings Jamba.

Lets keep the ball rolling now guys. I know some of you have ideas your not telling me. And im sure that if they are any good Nintendo would have thought of them already so we can expect them in the future... hurrah!

At least its alot more fun than debating whether or not the Revolution is going to make ugly games.

I'll be back with my idea tomorrow.

What about "Jamie Oliver's Pukka Tukka" - an exclusive to Nintendo Revolution. Chop, whisk with the baton and occasionally throw a wobbler because your derilect camper van breaks.

Yep. I have developed my idea a bit further now...

From the juggling thing, you could have a whole range of activities that are based around a circus.

Lion taming with a whip, various forms of juggling, doing the tight rope or trapese (sp?) with the controller the other way around. There are many more i'm sure.

Also you could make a pretty sweet grafitti game i'm sure. That would totally open up jet set radio!

Sorry about getting all serious above guys. Just seems that every time a new input device somes along people want to find new ways to try and get themselves off in the virtual world. "Hey look, it rummmbles; where could we put this eh, eh, eh?" or "Cool you can rub the screen! How about a game where you could rub a girl's..." etc.

Am I the only one who finds that mentality a little tiring?

Yea your right Jamba some of my jokes are a parody of my actual thoughts.

I know this is a simple idea that im sure many developers will use.

Anyone played a PC adventure/RPG games like WOW?

Basically the analogue stick will be the 'awsd' keys for movement. (except better than a keyboard because of the huge amount of angles possible.

The REV controller will be the 'mouse' that rotates the viewpoint. Now that is only using ONE dimension of the controller. You could make many actions based on 'lifting' or 'lowering' the controller.

Now comes the action: you approach an enemy and press and hold the nun chuck shoulder button. This will make the camera zoom in to over the shoulder (like RE4). While in this mode the analogue still controls your movement but instead now the main controller now controls your weapon. you will no longer have 'attack button 1', attack 'button 2' and 'attack button 3' - that is SO old school; instead you will have true analogue attacks, feel like stabbing his leg? then take aim and do so.

This opens up so much, people think the controller lacks buttons, when in fact the possibilities are endless. Imagine trying to map all these different attacks to buttons when in fact an intuitive stroke can pull of the same thing.

Simply hold down a 2nd trigger to quickly bring up the Shield, then use the main controller to take aim at incoming projectiles.

Well OIBVIOUSLY the Rev is crying out for a hybrid Rouge Squadren/Jedi Knight game. The on foot secitons you use the rev control as a lightsabre. The in flight missinos you use it so its horozontal, then you can do spins, pull off. The Ds would be connected up to give you info when in multiplayer or stuff. Online games would be wicked - hundreds of ships fighting for control of a space base, with jedi to help them...

Well OIBVIOUSLY the Rev is crying out for a hybrid Rouge Squadren/Jedi Knight game. The on foot secitons you use the rev control as a lightsabre. The in flight missinos you use it so its horozontal, then you can do spins, pull off. The Ds would be connected up to give you info when in multiplayer or stuff. Online games would be wicked - hundreds of ships fighting for control of a space base, with jedi to help them...

For a starwars game they should make an add-on for the controller so it plugs into a little box and acts like a joystick - much more realistic :)

An online mode would be essential too, light sabre battles :cool:

I'd wanna see a flightsim, where you hold the controller slightly like a joystick, only leaned a bit forth...

Or there'd be a joystick adon, and you could use the controller to look around the cockpit and press every single button inside the plane (or things outside, like which wingman to give orders too)...

For a starwars game they should make an add-on for the controller so it plugs into a little box and acts like a joystick - much more realistic :)

An online mode would be essential too, light sabre battles :cool:

But who could they put the controllers reacting to others sabres? there's no way to do that (maybe a small device that sends electric things that interfere with our nerves making stop the controller in the air.....ok stop dreaming :indeed: )

Yea your right Jamba some of my jokes are a parody of my actual thoughts.

I know this is a simple idea that im sure many developers will use.

Anyone played a PC adventure/RPG games like WOW?

Basically the analogue stick will be the 'awsd' keys for movement. (except better than a keyboard because of the huge amount of angles possible.

The REV controller will be the 'mouse' that rotates the viewpoint. Now that is only using ONE dimension of the controller. You could make many actions based on 'lifting' or 'lowering' the controller.

Now comes the action: you approach an enemy and press and hold the nun chuck shoulder button. This will make the camera zoom in to over the shoulder (like RE4). While in this mode the analogue still controls your movement but instead now the main controller now controls your weapon. you will no longer have 'attack button 1', attack 'button 2' and 'attack button 3' - that is SO old school; instead you will have true analogue attacks, feel like stabbing his leg? then take aim and do so.

This opens up so much, people think the controller lacks buttons, when in fact the possibilities are endless. Imagine trying to map all these different attacks to buttons when in fact an intuitive stroke can pull of the same thing.

Simply hold down a 2nd trigger to quickly bring up the Shield, then use the main controller to take aim at incoming projectiles.

:bowdown:

I've been thinking EXACTLY the same... and im positive it could work VERY well... a bit like Gothic II, it tried doing something the same, although they binded a key to each action, so there werent many actions.

Maybe first person could work well too? Sword duels could be really cool, if the controller featured a rumble function (does it?) it could be so that each time u hit an opponents sword it would rumble... and if u kept on "pushing" the sword towards him, while he was defending using the sword as a kind of shield, it would rumble more and more... and eventually, if your char posseses enough strength, the oppenent would get tired and cant dodge it anymore... etc... and dont make me talk about using bows, cuz that could be made so ****ing awesome!

the only problem im thinking with swords etc is that theres no force back so you will push on a sword, like you said RuneSP, but theres nothing to stop you going straight through. the rumble could possibly stp you but if you folow through the swipe then its gonna mess it up thinking your sword is now overhead when the guy blocked it, and the swords gone straight through.

if you dont understand what i mean then ok but it makes sense in my head.

im still sticking with a tennis game. ninty could easily do tournies in the different regions online. providing lag isnt extreme they could even do over the world, they could have tables like the real thing with people taking the number 1 spot from different countries. i think that would be so cool, even though im not a tennis player...

Sign in to follow this