NEurope
dazzybee

Top 10 Games of Films

I remember a mission where you had to rescue dragons off a drain (when you were the dragon) and due to the really glitchy controls it was 100% impossible to complete - the move where you picked the cage holding the other dragon worked 1% of the time.

I think i remember that. But it must have been possible because i remember being very proud of completing the whole game, both dragon and human missions.

You need to review your Top 10 as well?

I don't understand your question. You don't have to review your top 10. We'll establish a final, N-Europre top 10 and then we'll review that top ten between us.

-----------------------------------

To get the ball rolling. here is my top 10

10. Rocky (GC)

9. Batman (NES)

8. Episode 1: Pod Racer

7. Die Hard Trilogy (PS1)

6. Lawnmower Man (SNES)

5. Super Star Wars (SNES)

4. Blade Runner (PC)

3. Aladdin (SNES, sorry, just preferred it than the Megadrive version)

2. Jurassic Park (SNES)

1. GoldenEye (N64, textbook I know)

I'll basically do a reverse score system (10 points for 1st and 1 point for 10th etc).

Get voting guys, our sites nearly ready :)

Edited by dazzybee

10. Gremlins 2- GB

9. Star Wars Episode 1- Pod Racer- N64

8. Die Hard Trilogy- PS1

7. Rocky- GC

6. Godfather- Wii

5. Lego Star Wars- DS

4. King Kong- XBOX

3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- Wii

2. SAW- XBOX 360

1. Goldeneye- N64

Just wondering, is this for games based on film franchises or games based on actual films? (I suppose this is mainly directed at Star Wars - do just the ones directly based on the plot of the films count or do spin-offs like Rogue Squadron, Force Unleashed and Pod Racer count)?

Based on actual films. Pod Racer was such a tricky one as it's only based on one bit of the film...but I put it anyway... Even if it's only one part of the film, it needs to be a part of it. Not loosely based on.

This really didn't work did it.... :( Guess I'll have to have a rethink about it...

This really didn't work did it.... :( Guess I'll have to have a rethink about it...

Course it can work man! We CAN DO IT! :D

Maybe rejig the criteria a bit - has to be based on an actual film and not a film franchise. Therefore things like Rogue Squadron and Pod Racer are out - they may contain aspects of the films in but they're not solely based on it.

Goldeneye would be alright - sure it's got some additional bits but it does follow the film structure.

Need to create a thread with a poll in perhaps - then we can gauge interest in games and rank them off accordingly (unless everyone only votes for the same game...)

Okay. Our website is up up up. Here:

http://www.blueprintreview.co.uk

We are launching the GAMES section of the website on October 1st. With it we want to have this feature. So... Anyone interested, first come first serve, reviews need for

Batman - NES

Aladdin - SNES

Jurassic Park - SNES

Super Star Ware - SNES

Batman Returns - SNES

GoldenEye - N64

Spiderman 2 - GC/XBOX/PS2

King Kong - 360

Die Hard Trilogy - PS1

Rogue Squadron 2 - GC

Any Wii Harry Potter game

Alien 3 - SNES

So, take your pick and get playing!!

I'm angry that Rogue Leader has made it in there.

I'll take Goldeneye before everyone else does. I'm playing through it atm.

Cheers Pookiablo for keepiong interested in this, I've decided I'll write the feature myself, but if you could do a review of GoldenEye then that would be much appreciated. Any chance you could complete it by next friday? Sorry about the short notice. No worries if you can't.

Email me at [email protected]

Ghostbusters on the Megadrive, absolutely quality game, one of the best games I think I have played. I may be a ghostbusters nut but. amazing game!

What about Ghostbusters for the 360? I know if didn't follow the same story as the films, but I thought it was an excellent game. Especially capturing Slimer at the Sedgewick Hotel

Bit of a regurgitation, but we're having another revamp of the site and the gaming section will get some love. So I want to finalise this feature to launch it. Is anyone who has played the game relatively recently, up for writing a paragraph on the following games

BATMAN - NES

BATMAN RETURNS - SNES

SPIDERMAN 2 - PS2, GC or XBOX

ALIEN 3

SUPER STAR WARS

If anyone wants to review other film games then that'd be great too.

Film tie-ins are notorious for being poor but:-

Tron (Arcade)

AVP on the Jaguar (out way before any film too)

Golden Eye (N64)

Raiders Of The Lost Ark (A2600) because it has a place in my retro gaming heart more than its tech spec.

The City Of The Lost Children (PS)

Batman Returns (Snes)

Alien 3 (Snes)

Gremlins 2 (Nes)

T2:The arcade Game (MD)

Others if they count..Bruce Lee (Speccy),Mortal Kombat`s (MD/Snes),Tomb Raider `s(ps),Resident Evil`s,Silent Hill,Doom