NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Father's Day

I get to pick my own gift, but what do I get (small limit of £10)?

Still have to send my father his card. What are you getting your father?

Plans? Ideas?

Father's day was here last week. My youngest sister and I got him a half a kilo box of Belgian chocolate pralines, my other sister got him a BBQ tool thingie (to pick up meat with).

And then my parents decided to look for a small sofa/chair set for the veranda as a father's day gift too, though nothing has happened yet on that front. =P

I bought my dad Breaking Bad s01 on dvd last week via amazon, no idea if he's received it as he's not said anything. Usually we don't do anything for father's day.

Not sure what to get my dad. I'll probably get some port and chocolate. Does your dad drink? Can't go wrong with a nice spirit/liqueur/whatever he likes.

My dad specifically asked me not to buy him anything because he always gets annoyed at the commericalism of Father's Day. Which is fine by me. :heh:

I've gotten my dad a Guinness Tankard set. It's a glass Tankard with the Guinness Logo in metal and a magnetic bottle opener, I think he's going to love it :D

It's basically this:

guinness%20tankard%20.jpg

But I can't find the magnet bottle opener. Anyways, it's in a shape of a bottle.

I hate father's day. The most annoying made up holiday (including valentines day).

But this could have something to do with the fact I at best tolerate my father and resent having to buy him something/pretend I give a shit when he never does the same toward me. Don't you love familial emotional blackmail?

As far as what to get yourself Odders...the fun. CD is now available in HMV :p

I hate father's day. The most annoying made up holiday (including valentines day).

But this could have something to do with the fact I at best tolerate my father and resent having to buy him something/pretend I give a shit when he never does the same toward me. Don't you love familial emotional blackmail?

Surely you don't have to get him anything if you don't want to? If there's really such a bad atmosphere between the two of you, why bother? It doesn't sound like he would care either way. But I may have misinterpreted the situation.

My Birthday is tomorrow, so we're matching father's day and my birthday again this year, it's become sort of a nice tradition, I go to download and then we go for a meal for the both of them.

Got him a very typical dad set of CD's, I never really know what to get him, I was going to get him this Madness CD he wanted but I couldn't find it. Alas I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Going to try and get him a bike helmet for his birthday in July, so he can't complain too much haha.

Surely you don't have to get him anything if you don't want to? If there's really such a bad atmosphere between the two of you, why bother? It doesn't sound like he would care either way. But I may have misinterpreted the situation.

You're asking me to explain 23 years of history here and I just can't be bothered :p Its a very antagonistic, petty and one-upping (in a way) kind of relationship. If I don't he'll hold it against me but he won't like whatever I get him anyway (which, as it turns out, is a £5 aftershave thing).

I got a digital copy of the album from emusic like aaaaaaaaages ago. Physical stuff is for losers (or so the wife tells me).

I got a digital copy of the album from emusic like aaaaaaaaages ago. Physical stuff is for losers (or so the wife tells me).

But the UK one comes with shiny new acoustic versions. Shiiiiiiny!

Anything I buy my dad of value ends up sitting in a corner somewhere ignored.

My dad likes dark choc so i'll get him the usual G&B set for fathers day, if he's bloomin lucky :P

I'm gonna pick up a good bottle of red. My brother and I are also making him a meal of fillet steak and lobster ''surf and turf'' with chunky chips and asparagus. It's ambitious.

You're asking me to explain 23 years of history here and I just can't be bothered :p Its a very antagonistic, petty and one-upping (in a way) kind of relationship. If I don't he'll hold it against me but he won't like whatever I get him anyway (which, as it turns out, is a £5 aftershave thing).

Sounds like a happy relationship. -.-'

Sounds like a happy relationship. -.-'

It is what it is. I'd be a lot happier if he didn't try and pretend its a better relationship than it is. I'm sure in a few years he'll just be one of those relatives I see on birthdays and at Christmas. I don't need a father figure :p

A card.

That'll be that.

My step-dad gets a toblerone though.

I managed to find cheap tickets from LastMinute.com to see Paul McCartney at Hampden tomorrow night so my dad and I will be going to that (with my mum tagging along).

He's paying for his own ticket though, I'm not shelling out thirty quid for a day created by shops! I'll just drive which can be his 'present' haha.

Edited by Charlie

My sister and I split the cost of getting my dad a new Apple Keyboard. He's been eyeing mine for a while now.

I got my step dad a card, and my daddy a card as well, but also bought him a big fuck-off mug, to rival my Oblivion mug.