NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
David_nyh

Buying a new Wii console question

I have some green artifact on my screen when playing some Wii games.

If I buy a new Wii system what can I put over to my new system? All saves? My virtual console and WiiWare games? Can I link the new console to my club Nntendo account?

Thanks in advance.

David Nyh

You can transfer most, but not all of your saves via an SD card. Some are locked to the system (Brawl is an example). You can't transfer the games without going through Nintendo though. And they don't do it in all circumstances.

There could be a couple of things wrong. It doesn't have to be your Wii, especially when it only happens in some games. For instance some of the pixels on the display could not work right anymore. A simple way to check for dead pixels is by setting a red, then a green, then a blue background. If some pixels don't show the correct colour, they are dead.

Then there could also be something wrong with the cables. Unplugging everything is usually a good start (including power cables) because sometimes capacitors don't discharge properly and can then cause bugs.

I already tried different cables form my friends Wii and still have these issues. I even tried my Wii with his cables on his TV.

I have it a lot with Resident Evil 4 and the Metroid collection. I even have it sometime with New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I contacted Nintendo and they said when I buy a new console I have to sent it together with my old console. Then they will transfer my saves and games. But only if I didn't connect my new console to the internet before I sent it.

NIntendo DO transfer EVERYTHING. I did it a couple of months ago. They will transfer all shop data and even all game saves that can't be moved. So absolutely everything you have bought DLC and saves will be moved.

No, I bought a new Wii and wanted everything on it so sent both to NIntendo and they changed everything over.

Just to let you know, today I got my Wii's back and everything was transfered.

It took just one week.

I'm still waiting for the police to send me a copy of the police report so I can get my games. I had to ask them by snail mail.

I think I'll try and blag it with just the police records number.

Sign in to follow this