NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MasterYoda

Do you use walkthrougs?

I was wondering do you use them when playing a GameCube game?If you do,do you use 'em from the start or only when you're stuck?Or maybe you're a hard-core gamer and play the game as long as it takes to find the way to get past the part where you were stuck?

I tend to do it the hardcore way. I'll sometimes use a walkthrough to get 100% items or whatever.

I tend to do it the hardcore way. I'll sometimes use a walkthrough to get 100% items or whatever.

Same here. Using a walktrough from the start would just ruin the game.

depends what the game is and if i want to try to beat it on my own first then use a guide ill probably get through the game but with minimal stuff then go over with the guide to get all the cool accesories and stuff

Meh, generally I don't use walkthroughs but what reallt grinds my gears in RPGs is that sometimes there are items in which you can only get once so if you miss them something doesnt happen later in the game. This generally leads me too glance through a walkthrough. I used to play through once without any peeks at walkthroughs but nowadays I just don't have the time to complete 40 hour RPGs twice over

Yeah that goes for me aswell. I like to get my moneys worth out of the games I buy.

Only when im so stuck that im just wandering around for hours with no idea what to do. Gamefaqs is my guide of choice for those siturations :)

I use them when I can't progress. I value the experience over gamer credentials.

you should only use faqs if you have no idea what to do or stuck with some kind of puzzle or going back over the game and getting items etc well thats what i do anyway

the only tim ei used one was for the wind waker and even then i didnt finish the game, i used it to find the pieces of the triforce, but it was just sailing back and forth so i just quit. oh yeah and i had a guide for OOT which i think i only used like one or twice.

the only tim ei used one was for the wind waker and even then i didnt finish the game, i used it to find the pieces of the triforce, but it was just sailing back and forth so i just quit. oh yeah and i had a guide for OOT which i think i only used like one or twice.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Keep playing it. I know the sailing gets tedious but the final battle is cool and your so close to the end.

Only when im so stuck that im just wandering around for hours with no idea what to do. Gamefaqs is my guide of choice for those siturations :)

Yeah same here.

I used a guide for Wind Waker that I got for free when I bought the game to get all the heart-pieces etc.. But I never use guides for games that I haven't completed before. No matter how stuck I am I never give up (usually :P)

The only walkthrough i used was for mario sunshine to get all those blasted blue coins. Still never got them all mind you but meh

I use them when I can't progress. I value the experience over gamer credentials.

Same here. Whats the point in buying a game and then just sticking it on a shelf because you can't get past a bit?

only when i'm stuck on a certain bit. like a temple in zelda. if i play a game the zecond way through i look a walkthrough or an faq to see if i missed anything. i got no problem "cheating" as some people put it.

I try my best not to use them, but if I really cant work out what to do I'll have a look. I kept having to use one on Golden Sun for GBA, but I don't think I've used one for a GC game.

I've only used one walkthrough, and that was because I couldn't get to Niflheim or what they call it in Tales of Symphonia. The guide just confused me further so I left it.

So, I pretty much haven't used one.

only if im well and truly stuck for days (in the actual game) but for finding all the secrets u cant go past a guide (all final fantasys and the wind waker)

Sign in to follow this