NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

I'd take Bendtner over N'Gog.

I don't know about that...

I saw it was Bendtner and instantly knew he'd fuck it up.

Some stupid decisions by the ref BUT just seen the sheet at the end of the match...

I can't believe Arsenal did not get one shot on goal... on target or not! Kinda shows u that Barca were the better team!

What a shame!

All because of a fucking shit decision by the ref!

I didn't watch it, but Paul Merson said it was a footballing lesson. But i rate your view much higher than that drunken goon.

Caught with our pants down again tonight.

Wenger's got it wrong with the setup. We're not a holding team and we are certainly not a defending team. So why try and setup that way? We weren't necessarily out done by Barca's brilliance but more from our lack of tactics, attacking ambition and the fact we gave them too much respect again.

A team that can't create one chance on target deserves nothing and thats what we got.

Van Persie's red was ridiculous, Bendtner's chance wasn't that clear cut (if you call that a chance shows how bad we were) and Almunia had a decent game whilst shipping 3.

I more pissed off Szczesny is out for what appears to be the rest of the season with ligament damage.

Apart from being pissed off with their play-acting, Barcelona are a class apart. The stats don't lie and can't really say much about them that hasn't been said before. Could we have held them with 11? I certain we could have. For all Barca's brilliance, all their goals were of our own making and i'm sure we could have taken it home.

Shame we'll never have known.

Edited by Jon

Two pictures to think about.

First half 0-0.

x610.jpg

Tonights ref in a Swiss cup match (gesture is apparently aimed at some fans shouting abuse)

topelement.jpg

This post might come across as bitter, frankly we were well and truly thumped. But I can't get over that sending off.

RVP's interview after the game was class.

What do you expect from the Swiss. Shit during the war, shit tonight :heh:

That picture of Abidal gripping him by the neck is awful. It's even like he's pushing him. Its a fucking death grip. Straight red, that should be.

The majority of the game was Barcelona attacking and Arsenal defending. Like with the first goal, however it came, it was just a matter of time until the ball found the back of the net. Like Inter last year, although they won the tie overall, they still ended up conceding at the Nou Camp.

Sending off was very harsh. It does potentially change the outlook of the game since the striker's job in this instance would be to keep hold of the ball in the other end of the field. An outlet. Without an outlet, you're just going to see more and more pressure.

cesc4official

Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise.

Cesc just tweeting this. Can't for the life of me understand why he'd say that. Worst moments of his life? Losing a second round tie? He played the 2006 final... Going out to United in the semi the other year was far worse.

Should be boosting morale not dropping his head.

cesc4official

Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise.

Cesc just tweeting this. Can't for the life of me understand why he'd say that. Worst moments of his life? Losing a second round tie? He played the 2006 final... Going out to United in the semi the other year was far worse.

Should be boosting morale not dropping his head.

I think it's understandable, he'll probably be kicking himself about the first goal for a long time. It would have been 0-0 at halftime had that not happened.

He's going to be deflated. The match has barely finished.

I think it's understandable, he'll probably be kicking himself about the first goal for a long time. It would have been 0-0 at halftime had that not happened.

He's going to be deflated. The match has barely finished.

I get the emotions I don't get why he needed to go public.

I get the emotions I don't get why he needed to go public.

Yeah, that is pretty odd. So soon after the game as well.

Yeah, that is pretty odd. So soon after the game as well.

Exactly.

If he felt bad, next game he plays, play out of your skin. Then in the post game apologise and dedicate that performance to the fans and crack on. Not this soppy bollocks stuff.

Saturday will only be made harder if we go to Old Trafford as wounded animal.

Exactly.

If he felt bad, next game he plays, play out of your skin. Then in the post game apologise and dedicate that performance to the fans and crack on. Not this soppy bollocks stuff.

Saturday will only be made harder if we go to Old Trafford as wounded animal.

With football, the players are lucky because there's always another game to focus on. Arsenal are still fighting for the League and in the FA Cup as well. So, it's not the end of the world. No shame losing to Barcelona...

I do hope we batter you, though. Only for the C-C-C-Combo Breaker. Losing against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in a row wouldn't do the team's confidence much good. Should make for an interesting game. Two teams who recently suffered demoralising defeats, out with something to prove.

I'm hoping its more 2003 than 2008.

A 2008-esque game would be great. That was a special game.

It'll be tight, I imagine.

That's what she said!

A yellow card for that was shocking. Can't believe that decision by the ref.

Best team won though. Arsenal didn't have one shot on goal? Crazy for such a usual attacking side.

the sending off was a joke, 11 v 11 would have been very interesting, Barca are too cocky for their own good, they waste a hell of a lot of 1 on 1s.

Although when you see stats like this

Xavi = 106 pases > Wilshere + Diaby + Cesc + Rosicky + Nasri + Arshavin = 91 pases

is just mind boggling

Tonight hurt me. I don't know what happened. We seemed lazy, lacked a bit of ambition and didnt really try to attack. It was clear in our rare attacks that their defence was weak, but did we exploit it? No.

They defended as a team and gave us no space, and wore us out. We had no energy left at the end.

Well gutted about Sczezsny. But Almunia had the game of his life despite the 3 goals he let in. Fair play to him.

Dani Alves was a diving twat all the way through and had the ref in his pocket.

And the sending off was disgraceful. Also how the ref missed the hand around VP's neck, stupid.

I would have been alright if they beat us fair and square. The way we played, they were the better team. But at 1-1, we were going through. Our defence was doing well. Maybe we could've held out and maybe got another with 11 men on the pitch. Who knows. But the ref took it into his own hands to make sure they won.

Tonight hurt me. I don't know what happened. We seemed lazy, lacked a bit of ambition and didnt really try to attack. It was clear in our rare attacks that their defence was weak, but did we exploit it? No.

I don't think it's that Arsenal didn't try to attack. Barcelona were just too good and stopped attacks instantly. Putting them under pressure wherever possible