NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

20_4d73b25a70101788834135.jpg

Great picture, shows you how close international footballers are close to one another.

Full deserved from Liverpool were fantastic throughout and I thought Suarez played a blinder.

That's a nice picture. At the end of the day, football is only a game. The Wolves/Spurs game afterwards with the tributes to Dean Richards certainly puts things into perspective.

Also, Carragher went to the United dressing room after the game to apologise and check up on Nani. A very respectful and decent thing to do.

The Dean Richards tribute before the game even had me choked. Really nice gesture from all involved.

On a lighter note, I've been watching some funny clips to try to cheer me up.

Haha, that Jose one is brilliant. :D

Also, the Steven Gerrard one, where Gary gets one last word in at the end of the video. "Quite similar to how he went down for the penalty!" :laughing:

I'm surprised there aren't more Liverpool fans in this thread. I was expecting an onslaught. :heh:

We beat you but we don't have much to shout about to be honest, great win for the pool and possible helped Arsenal but they have a habbit of fucking things up so we'll wait to the end of the season before we see how important that win was. :yay:

On another note I was at the pub with an everton fan watching the game, and I give my fair share of banter out but he was talking about getting a gun and taking pot shots at the kop and would happily wish to see carragher and gerrard being taken away in a ambulance with some horrific accident. Even for me I thought he went too far.

7 yards hattrick, classy Dirk ;). The Suarez run for the first goal was sublime, if Messi had done that he'd have a sore arse.

It's an absolute embarrassment not only to the club but everyone associated with Man Utd that Ferguson decided to ban all media interaction after the game. I cannot understand why he always acts like a spoilt little brat every time his side looses. Fair enough he can be unhappy if he gets a dodgy decision but his side were totally outclassed. Oh well, he'll be done by the FA for this too as you're not allowed to simply ban media interaction.

Edited by Jon

We beat you but we don't have much to shout about to be honest, great win for the pool and possible helped Arsenal but they have a habbit of fucking things up so we'll wait to the end of the season before we see how important that win was. :yay:

On another note I was at the pub with an everton fan watching the game, and I give my fair share of banter out but he was talking about getting a gun and taking pot shots at the kop and would happily wish to see carragher and gerrard being taken away in a ambulance with some horrific accident. Even for me I thought he went too far.

Yeah, I always have a hard time interacting with fans like that.

I remember being called a "Liverpool Lover" by a United supporter in the past, for saying that they played well against another team. He kept bringing that up for weeks.

It's an absolute embarrassment to not only the club but everyone associated with Man Utd that ferguson decided to ban all media interaction after the game. I cannot understand why he always acts like a spoilt little brat every time his side looses. Fair enough he can be unhappy if he gets a dodgy decision but his side were totally outclassed. Oh well, he'll be done by the FA for this too as you're not allowed to simply ban media interaction.

He does this type of thing, such as when he criticises referees and stuff, to take the attention away from the team. It relieves the pressure. You read up on his comments on every game that he loses (Mourinho does the same) and you'll see what I mean. As far as man-management goes, these two are the best in the business for a reason. Like after the Chelsea game, much of the focus was centered around the penalty decision and the referee not sending off Luiz, and not so much down to the fact that United switched off in the second half.

It's all mind-games, and I don't think Ferguson particularly cares if people see him as acting childish. There was one incident last year where United drew 2-2 with Sunderland, with Ben Foster making a hash of a save which led to a goal. Rather than draw attention to that, he talked about the fitness of referees. The media lapped it up and ran that story for a full few weeks. Why did he do it? To protect the keeper.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Yeah, I always have a hard time interacting with fans like that.

I remember being called a "Liverpool Lover" by a United supporter in the past, for saying that they played well against another team. He kept bringing that up for weeks.

He does this type of thing, such as when he criticises referees and stuff, to take the attention away from the team. It relieves the pressure. You read up on his comments on every game that he loses (Mourinho does the same) and you'll see what I mean. As far as man-management goes, these two are the best in the business for a reason. Like after the Chelsea game, much of the focus was centered around the penalty decision and the referee not sending off Luiz, and not so much down to the fact that United switched off in the second half.

It's all mind-games, and I don't think Ferguson particularly cares if people see him as acting childish.

See, I completely disagree with his man-management ability. No on can doubt what he's achieved in the game and his obvious skill but I don't see man-management as one of them. How many players have been forced to leave at their peak because Ferguson has fallen out with them? Off the top of my head, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Stam, Heinze etc.

See, I completely disagree with his man-management ability. No on can doubt what he's achieved in the game and his obvious skill but I don't see man-management as one of them. How many players have been forced to leave at their peak because Ferguson has fallen out with them? Off the top of my head, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Stam, Heinze etc.

Yes. And 3 of them (not sure about Becks, although he still fondly talks of Old Trafford) have stated (Heinze very recently admitted he regretted leaving) that they made mistakes in leaving Old Trafford. Ruud has settled any disputes that he had with Fergie. Heinze wanted to play for Liverpool shortly after the arrival of Evra, so that isn't really a great example. He was the antagonist. Also, how many of these players went on to better things after leaving United? Ruud continued to score goals, and won La Liga twice with Real. Beckham once, but even he didn't truely achieve anything that great when he left. Don't forget that two of those players won the treble with United. They never even came close to achieving anything like this with their other clubs. Nowhere near.

Also remember that news of David Beckham's affair dominated the press whilst he was at Real. These types of stories are exactly the reason why Fergie wanted him out. He was a timebomb waiting to happen.

These players fell out with the manager for a reason, mainly because some of them were hot-headed to begin with (Stam and Heinze) or adored the celebrity lifestyle and put that before the team (Beckham) or that simply Sunny Spain came calling (Ruud, David and Heinze).

For a list of positive man-management, lets take a look at Beckham after France 1998. The public wanted to hang the boy. It's really irritating now that the country seems him as a golden boy when they really hated him at one point. The same with Owen Hargreaves, the media love him now but before they didn't want "That German" playing for England. (he wasn't a United player at the time, but using him as an example about the media) And with Ronaldo after the "winker" incident. What about curbing Rooney's temper? He's not doing well at the moment in the press, but he was a completely different hazard when he came to the club. What about Roy Keane? Fergie got the best out of him. Cantona after his kung-fu antics?

A lot of these are fiery players. Simply put, who could have done a better job with any of these? I can't name a single living manager who I can safely say would have controlled these in any better way than Fergie has done.

Edit: Also, just read up on Ruud. He also had a tendency to start fights during training. There was one in his final year where he started a fight with Ronaldo. So, that's another reason why he was outted from the club.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

The decision to not speak to the media was made before the game. So regardless of the result he wanted a media blackout. Seemingly due to the ongoing spat with the FA after the Chelski match.

My thoughts on the game today? We were well beaten. Deserved to lose. Crap goals to give away but we were well off our game. Hopefully that's our slip ups done. The next few games are very important. We need to rack up the wins before going to the library in the league.

Just seen a pic of Nani's leg, looks nasty.

The decision to not speak to the media was made before the game. So regardless of the result he wanted a media blackout. Seemingly due to the ongoing spat with the FA after the Chelski match.

My thoughts on the game today? We were well beaten. Deserved to lose. Crap goals to give away but we were well off our game. Hopefully that's our slip ups done. The next few games are very important. We need to rack up the wins before going to the library in the league.

Just seen a pic of Nani's leg, looks nasty.

I know about his media blackout, but what about the blackout involving the players? I didn't hear anything about that until after the game.

To be honest, I fear for the rest of the season. If Nani is out for a good few weeks, then it's going to be a huge problem, as he's been one of our best players this year. Not just goal-scoring wise, but he's got a high number of assists as well.

Of 5 injury doubts for the Barcelona game, only 2 will fail to play, those being Theo and Song. Van Persie, Wilshire and Fabregas will be playing and what a boost this is to our chances with Puyol and Pique missing in the Barcelona central defence.

‎"Nani are u ok? Say Nani are u ok? Are u ok Nani? You've been hit by,you've been struck by... A smooth Carragher!!!"

Just like that tackle was....

Game was good to watch tonight, we won but at the end Blackpool were really pushing for it and weren't far off several times!

Really hope they don't go down!

Carra should of been sent off, then Rafael should of been. So i suppose it ended equal.

They're not the worst tackles you'll see. Not the best either. Typical tackles you'd expect to see in a Derby. It's a hot-headed game. I don't think either one was a dead certain red card. Two yellows is about right.

Just like that tackle was....

Game was good to watch tonight, we won but at the end Blackpool were really pushing for it and weren't far off several times!

Really hope they don't go down!

I'm glad we got the win but I kind of felt sorry for Blackpool, they gave a really decent showing! The end was pretty tense man.

Now I do think United will win the league but even so, I'm praying to the Football Gods; we win our game in hand and beat United again then the gap will only be 3 points... United have their fair share of away games and their away form hasn't been the best this season... maybe, just maybe!

...but I doubt it very much. lol

Nervous, anxious, excited.. Can't wait for tonight, really wish I'd gone out there now. :(

I'll take any fate tonight that isn't humiliating defeat and with no new injuries. But I reckon we can get a draw out there.

1-1 I say :)

Us scoring first, them equalising late and a very nervy 7 mins of injury time.

I'm such a tard. Spent all day thinking "yay football tonight woop" but didn't check the TV listings. Sat with the text feed on bbc instead. Booo-ring.