NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Cock biscuits.

Game of two halves eh? absolutely gutted about that result. We were looking so good in the first half and I was feeling good and that we would defo go on to win it. But as soon as Chelski scored, I knew it, I just bloody knew they would go on to win it. FFS. Pen or not a pen, I don't know. Think the ref had to give it. Harsh one.

Losing Vidic for the Liverpool game is a big blow.

Gary Neville in the crowd. lolz

That game could not have gone much better from an Arsenal perspective. Maybe a few more red cards or a straight red. But brilliant for us none the less.

Alright Arsenal, can close the gap to 1 point, let's not miss the chance to make up ground yet again.

I thought it was a pretty good game to watch considering some of the Man U and Chelski games have been a bit boring.

Good goal by Rooney, good goal by Luiz. The penalty was harsh, but I think it was still a penalty. The red card was a bit silly, my house didn't know who it was and didn't know Vidic was already on a yellow.

Maybe Luiz should have been sent off for that knee off the ball collision with Rooney.

Oh well, it is nice to inflict a defeat on United nonetheless!

Alright Arsenal, can close the gap to 1 point, let's not miss the chance to make up ground yet again.

Well prepared to see a proper second string tomorrow, to make sure our first team is fully fit for the league games. Something like

.................Almunia

Eboue Squillaci Miquel Gibbs

.................Denilson

Bendtner Ramsey Diaby Rosicky

.................Chamakh

I know Ramsey came back to Arsenal on Monday, whether Wenger wants to use him straight off the bat is another question.

Means Chelsea are now above Spurs are they not?

Indeed they are, still a bit of catching up to Man City but after that win I expect them to catch up with City sooner rather than later providing they take this confidence to the end of the season.

That game was a real pleasure to watch. Nailbiting through and through, but got everything that you should have had from a game of football, emotions, a good game and a fantastic result.

Now come on Liverpool!

Well prepared to see a proper second string tomorrow, to make sure our first team is fully fit for the league games. Something like

.................Almunia

Eboue Squillaci Miquel Gibbs

Bendtner Ramsey Diaby Rosicky

.................Chamakh

I know Ramsey came back to Arsenal on Monday, whether Wenger wants to use him straight off the bat is another question.

I tend to cringe seeing Squillaci on the teamsheet, but he's new and needs more time.

I tend to cringe seeing Squillaci on the teamsheet, but he's new and needs more time.

He's been jekyl and hyde, I thought he wasn't bad at the beginning of the season and now he's gone to pot. You'd expect a 30 year old centre back who's won several pots and pans in his career would be a commanding and dominant figure. I've yet to see him be that character mixed with what appears to be a knack of losing concentration. Very strange player, but I'm comfortable for him to be a back up and is capable of the job tomorrow.

If Miquel gets another chance, I really want the other lads to help him out. Almunia especially being a fellow country man needs to give the lad a big boost and keep talking to him.

Catch up to Man City? If we win our game in hand we are above Man City by a point. Just need to make sure we do!

He's been jekyl and hyde, I thought he wasn't bad at the beginning of the season and now he's gone to pot. You'd expect a 30 year old centre back who's won several pots and pans in his career would be a commanding and dominant figure. I've yet to see him be that character mixed with what appears to be a knack of losing concentration. Very strange player, but I'm comfortable for him to be a back up and is capable of the job tomorrow.

If Miquel gets another chance, I really want the other lads to help him out. Almunia especially being a fellow country man needs to give the lad a big boost and keep talking to him.

It's taken him a bit of time, Koscielny didn't exactly set the world alight when he first arrived. Massive blow to lose RVP for the Barca game but it's time Bendtner's performance matched his ego.

About tonight's game, I thought Chelsea thoroughly deserved the win. Man Utd goal was a good one but they can have no complaints about whether Luiz should have been sent off, Rooney shouldn't even have been playing. I thought the penalty was a stone waller, Zhirkov had no where to go but over his leg, he's not going to go out his way to avoid it.

Catch up to Man City? If we win our game in hand we are above Man City by a point. Just need to make sure we do!

Apologies for that Ell, thought Chelsea had fewer points than they actually did and didn't have a game in hand.

I'm so annoyed after that game. For the neutral, it must have been amazing to watch. Definitely one of the better Chelsea/Man Utd games in recent years.

First half, I thought United were all over them. We had control of the midfield and the flanks, and I thought Nani and Evra were linking up well, with Fletcher showing some great moments as well. The half time lead was deserved.

Second half, as soon as they got the equaliser (wtf was up with the marking), we crumbled. Instead of tightening up and forcing a reply, we just caved in. It's hugely disappointing given the fantastic start we made.

As for the penalty, I don't think it was a penalty. Smalling had no time to react and Zhirkov just ran into him. How is that deemed a foul yet Luiz has one or two instances in the second half where he gets away with things that are a bit more blatant, especially with the score tied and a large portion of the game to play?

There's no use arguing about that though, because you can't control what the referee does. But, you can control the way that you play or boss the game, and we didn't boss it in the second half. Big opportunity missed.

Also, JonST, the point you make about Rooney is moot at this moment in time. As far as football goes, what happened took place in a different game, and the situation has been clarified. So, whether he should have been punished or not is a different matter. He's played the game tonight and I'm just glad that he let his football do most of the talking. For example, in the next Chelsea game, if David Luiz does score a winning goal, there's no point anybody bringing up the fact that he should have walked in this game, since the moment has been and gone.

It's funny how Babel got punished for posting a picture on the internet, yet Rooney gets away with assault.

I find it funny how people pick and choose which incidents to bring up. Do you not remember Gerrard "assaulting" Danny Welbeck just a few months ago? Or what about the whole incident with him "assaulting" people off the field, particularly nightclub DJs? As a Liverpool fan, maybe you should look at your own players before criticising others.

react and Zhirkov just ran into him. How is that deemed a foul yet Luiz has one or two instances in the second half where he gets away with things that are a bit more blatant, especially with the score tied and a large portion of the game to play?

He could have removed his leg, he had more than enough time to do so. It might not have been the most blatant penalty, but it was one nonetheless.

Edited by Jon

He could have removed his leg, he had more than enough time to do so. It might have been the most blatant penalty, but it was one nonetheless.

Smalling didn't do anything but stand his ground. In that splitsecond, he's hardly going to move out of the way to let an attacking player past him. There was a similar incident in the first half where Torres ran into Evra and the freekick was given to Chelsea, when there was very little in it either way.

I'm so annoyed after that game. For the neutral, it must have been amazing to watch. Definitely one of the better Chelsea/Man Utd games in recent years.

First half, I thought United were all over them. We had control of the midfield and the flanks, and I thought Nani and Evra were linking up well, with Fletcher showing some great moments as well. The half time lead was deserved.

Second half, as soon as they got the equaliser (wtf was up with the marking), we crumbled. Instead of tightening up and forcing a reply, we just caved in. It's hugely disappointing given the fantastic start we made.

As for the penalty, I don't think it was a penalty. Smalling had no time to react and Zhirkov just ran into him. How is that deemed a foul yet Luiz has one or two instances in the second half where he gets away with things that are a bit more blatant, especially with the score tied and a large portion of the game to play?

There's no use arguing about that though, because you can't control what the referee does. But, you can control the way that you play or boss the game, and we didn't boss it in the second half. Big opportunity missed.

Also, JonST, the point you make about Rooney is moot at this moment in time. As far as football goes, what happened took place in a different game, and the situation has been clarified. So, whether he should have been punished or not is a different matter. He's played the game tonight and I'm just glad that he let his football do most of the talking. For example, in the next Chelsea game, if David Luiz does score a winning goal, there's no point anybody bringing up the fact that he should have walked in this game, since the moment has been and gone.

I find it funny how people pick and choose which incidents to bring up. Do you not remember Gerrard "assaulting" Danny Welbeck just a few months ago? Or what about the whole incident with him "assaulting" people off the field, particularly nightclub DJs? As a Liverpool fan, maybe you should look at your own players before criticising others.

It's fair to criticise Rooney, as it is with Gerrard. I've never said it's acceptable what Gerrard has done. To say that i shouldn't criticise Rooney for his terrible elbow, because of things Gerrard has done in the past is just silly. Rooney should of been sent off/banned, end of. Gerrard has done things worthy of a sending off/ban, i accept that.

He could have removed his leg, he had more than enough time to do so. It might have been the most blatant penalty, but it was one nonetheless.

Only Sol has the swan lake ability to move his leg in time, alas he was still punished.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Smalling didn't do anything but stand his ground. In that splitsecond, he's hardly going to move out of the way to let an attacking player past him. There was a similar incident in the first half where Torres ran into Evra and the freekick was given to Chelsea, when there was very little in it either way.

And in standing his ground he's tripped up a Chelsea player. Do you expect Zhirkov to try and jump round him? It's matters not if he meant it or not, it's still a foul in the box.

It's fair to criticise Rooney, as it is with Gerrard. I've never said it's acceptable what Gerrard has done. To say that i shouldn't criticise Rooney for his terrible elbow, because of things Gerrard has done in the past is just silly. Rooney should of been sent off/banned, end of. Gerrard has done things worthy of a sending off/ban, i accept that.

It's all well and good saying that Gerrard should have been banned now, but how many Liverpool fans even acknowledged that fact at the time? How many Liverpool players actually remember the elbow on Welbeck?

What Rooney did was wrong and stupid, and he deserved a ban. But he didn't get one. Interesting talking point: Why isn't any action getting taken against the referee? He didn't deal with the situation correctly, so he should be up for investigation as well.

It's all well and good saying that Gerrard should have been banned now, but how many Liverpool fans even acknowledged that fact at the time? How many Liverpool players actually remember the elbow on Welbeck?

What Rooney did was wrong and stupid, and he deserved a ban. But he didn't get one. Interesting talking point: Why isn't any action getting taken against the referee? He didn't deal with the situation correctly, so he should be up for investigation as well.

Luiz was a lucky boy but I fail to see all these other decisions Chelsea apparently got. Typical Ferguson, his side looses and the only excuse he offers is the referee, not his own sides woeful 2nd half performance. I'm sure he'll escape any ban for slagging off the officials though, the FA don't like that pesky word when it comes to the red half of Manchester :heh:

And in standing his ground he's tripped up a Chelsea player. Do you expect Zhirkov to try and jump round him? It's matters not if he meant it or not, it's still a foul in the box.

What? Running over somebody's leg does not count as tripping them up. He didn't even move his leg to impede Zhirkov from getting past him. He was literally just standing still.

This is one thing that grates on me. Sometimes people do accidentally collide with each other in the box, it doesn't mean it's a foul or it's a dive or whatever.

Luiz was a lucky boy but I fail to see all these other decisions Chelsea apparently got. Typical Ferguson, his side looses and the only excuse he offers is the referee, not his own sides woeful 2nd half performance. I'm sure he'll escape any ban for slagging off the officials though, the FA don't like that pesky word when it comes to the red half of Manchester :heh:

Right, so Luiz is a "lucky boy" but Rooney should be burned at the stake, when basically they are in the same boat where they have done something off the ball and the referee has not spotted it? I'm not for once saying that what Luiz did is similar to Rooney's elbowing, but rather that they both escaped referee punishment when they both should have walked.

Like I mentioned, United didn't boss the game in the second half. But, I think it is an entirely fair and valid point to criticse the referee when, say, the winning goal is the result of a penalty which is splitting opinions, and where arguably the best Chelsea player tonight remains on the field when he perhaps should have walked with about 15-20 mins to go.

Edit: I probably seem like a moody bastard right now. Fucking football. More emotional than a love rollercoaster.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost

Ramsey isn't allowed to play tomorrow because he wasn't available for Arsenal in the first leg.

Ramar, I'd change your line up to this:

.................Almunia

Eboue Squillaci Djourou Gibbs

Bendtner Nasri Diaby Arshavin

.................Chamakh

Mainly because I fucking love Nasri and Rosicky has been disappointing lately.

Oh, and thank you so much Chelsea :)

Players aren't obliged to move out of the way for someone else... Obstruction is when you jump in someone's way but standing still and having someone run into you isn't obstruction, it's just some silly cunt running into you.

Like others I think the referee had a big part to play today, Rooney shouldn't have been playing today either. So many refereeing mistakes these days that you just have to accept them really, so well done Chelsea I suppose... *grumble*

* 01 Almunia

* 18 Squillaci

* 27 Eboue

* 28 Gibbs

* 48 Miquel

* 02 Diaby

* 07 Rosicky

* 15 Denilson

* 44 Henderson

* 29 Chamakh

* 52 Bendtner

^ The line up we're playing against Leyton Orient, another débutante in Henderson, 19 year old Irish midfielder.

EDIT: Easy win in the end for Arsenal, good hat trick for Bendtner and wasn't that difficult in the end.

Pretty disgraceful end to the Celtic Rangers cup tie, Rangers getting 3 red cards (1 after the full time whistle, Diouf, who else?) all for second bookable offences and managers squaring up to each other.

Edited by Emerald Emblem