NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

I actually don't think it's quite as bad as the webpage makes it out to be but.. it's still fairly shit :laughing:

I'm just glad it's not red. That's what I don't get about the Arsenal away shirt.

Houllier leaves Villa.

Hughes resigns from Fulham.

Villa to appoint Hughes?????

Houllier leaves Villa.

Hughes resigns from Fulham.

Villa to appoint Hughes?????

Yup seems to be rumour doing the rounds.

Norwich have a bid for Millwall's Steve Morison accepted. That'll be their second second-rate striker they've bought in a week (James Vaughan formerly of Everton being the other). I hope Lambert knows what he is doing.

Villa now saying that Hughes isn't on their hitlist, new rumours are that Hughes is off to Cardiff.

Ancelotti is being talked about with Villa but he would be costly. The fav to land at Villa next season is David Moyes, but again he would be costly because he's still under contract at Everton.

Either one would make me very happy!

I think Moyes would do a great job, especially when finally giving a little bit of money to spend.

Brad Friedal off to spurs. Cudicini out then?

If they have any sense they'd be punting Gomes. What I heard was is that Friedals moving to give some competition to Gomes.

If they have any sense they'd be punting Gomes. What I heard was is that Friedals moving to give some competition to Gomes.

Completely agree with that, I rate Cudicini and Friedal over Gomes.

his performances this season have been.... something! :blank:

Roberto Martinez emerged as an outsider for the Villa job yesterday and he's instantly become my favourite for the job. Martinez is young, ambitious, would undoubtedly be around for a while and gets his teams playing exciting attacking football. I really do hope we take a chance on Martinez as it would be interesting to see what he could do with the step up from Wigan.

Rooney to have more hair next season? He just confirmed via twitter that he had a hair transplant today! Ha. If you got the money, why not I guess.

England soon. Should be an easy win. Should.

Roberto Martinez emerged as an outsider for the Villa job yesterday and he's instantly become my favourite for the job. Martinez is young, ambitious, would undoubtedly be around for a while and gets his teams playing exciting attacking football. I really do hope we take a chance on Martinez as it would be interesting to see what he could do with the step up from Wigan.

I like the man. I think he is enthusiastic and he clearly wants to do very well. You're right about his teams playing attacking football, which is great. However, the one area he needs to work on by far is defensively. His teams are very inconsistent when they are defending. I might be being unfair on him, because of the calibre of players that Wigan can attract, but it's a definite area he needs to fix.

My worry with him is that if Villa went on a win-less streak and lost a few games on the way, he would be out of a job. His Wigan team isn't too tough to beat. They will frustrate and get goals, but defensively they are not too hard to score against.

If anyone likes a bet then i have something that might tempt you. Today a very reliable source told me Carlo Ancelotti will be staying at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel from Monday, which is about 10miles from Bodymoor Heath (Villa's training ground).

I laid £20 on 4/1 :laughing:

Thinking of laying a bit more on :hmm:

Where'd you find those odds? Tempting. :heh:

Ladbrokes. But i tried to put some more on a few hours ago and the managers specials tab doesn't seem to be working. Coral and Betfred have also removed their manager special tabs so maybe they know something.

Fingers crossed for Ancelotti :D

I whacked down one of those free bet thingies over at Betfair. Figure even if I lose I'll have the 25 sitting in my account for another fun bet :heh:

Matched bet at 13/1. 30 seconds later the highest odd you could match was 7/1. Something's up :D

I whacked down one of those free bet thingies over at Betfair. Figure even if I lose I'll have the 25 sitting in my account for another fun bet :heh:

Matched bet at 13/1. 30 seconds later the highest odd you could match was 7/1. Something's up :D

Everytime i click the tabs nothing loads :hmm:

I really want another bet but can't find anywhere taking them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394340/Carlo-Ancelotti-linked-Aston-Villa.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Edited by AndyWylde

Ok I dont know anything about Jordan Henderson so thought id ask here. Is he really worth the 20 mill Liverpool just apparently bought him for?

Edited by Happenstance

Definitely not worth £20 million. But he's young and got potential.

Blackburn's Phil Jones set for Manchester United move

Apparently in a deal worth up to £17m, so I don't know what the initial payment will be (I guess it means that after a certain amount of appearances another lump sum will be paid)?

So with Chris Smalling and now Phil Jones both at the club could we be seeing the future England centre back pairing? Wouldn't surprise me if Johnny Evans was now on his way out, is there really need for 5 centre backs?

Also...

Carlos Tevez seemingly calls time on his Manchester City career after telling an Argentinian chat show host that the city is "small and wet", and that he would "not even return there on vacation"

Edited by Eddage

Pissed off if that goes through, we've been watching him for months. Wenger can't afford to miss out this summer.

Edit - I'm hearing on the grape vine we had a £16 million bid accepted. Even offered more wages but Jones turned us down. :woops:

Edited by Ramar

Pissed off if that goes through, we've been watching him for months. Wenger can't afford to miss out this summer.

Edit - I'm hearing on the grape vine we had a £16 million bid accepted. Even offered more wages but Jones turned us down. :woops:

I'm glad. I don't want that sum of money spent on a 'promising youngster'. we've enough of them already. I'd like a top class defender and with a top pedigree, not someone who barely played 26 games for Blackburn last season.

I'm glad. I don't want that sum of money spent on a 'promising youngster'. we've enough of them already. I'd like a top class defender and with a top pedigree, not someone who barely played 26 games for Blackburn last season.

Most United fans were saying that about Chris Smalling when we signed him. After Nemanja Vidic, he's been our best defender this season. The difference is that he was playing alongside an experienced player, a master of defending. There's no problem with buying promising youth if they've got somebody experienced to learn from.

I like Jones, but he's not a player we need at this time. I think he'll probably do well at United, but he's not an essential missing component. We need a midfielder, a creative one who knows where the net is.