NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Shhhhh we're not supposed to talk about that Pires 'foul'.

:laughing:

It doesn't get brought up too often, so you'll be fine. :p

I swear Leeds fans are the worst for it. They seem to care more about Manure losing, then themselves winning. Bless 'em. :laughing:

I swear Leeds fans are the worst for it. They seem to care more about Manure losing, then themselves winning. Bless 'em. :laughing:

Yeah, they are definitely the worst. Also, they're grumpy as hell. If you ever see a happy Leeds fan, he is probably high.

Interesting video from that game when United ended the unbeaten run. How they finished the game with 11 men I do not know. Neville, Ferdinand and possibly Van Nistelrooy could and probably should have seen red.

Andy Gray's commentary on the penalty is laughable.

Interesting video from that game when United ended the unbeaten run. How they finished the game with 11 men I do not know. Neville, Ferdinand and possibly Van Nistelrooy could and probably should have seen red.

I remember the game being crazy. Also, that 4-2 game at Highbury is one of my favourite all time games. For everything. For what went on before the game with Keane, Neville and Vieira, for the great goals, for the feisty tackles.

At that point, the Arsenal vs Man United games were the ones I looked for in the calender. They were guaranteed to be edgey games, with some grit to them. It was like watching a war. I kinda miss those days.

Stoke have a large following of disgusting fans. I was at the game where Ramsey's leg was broken, couldn't believe some of the things I saw and heard that day.

For some reason they've become totally obsessed with us though.

But it isn't what's great about football the relationships and the rivalries it offers and not just "your team" that's where the drama is isn't it? Or maybe I'm on my own, but the banter of football, seeing the teams you dislike lose, the teams you like win, the the underdogs beating the big boys etc. These may have nothing to do with my team but I get a lot of enjoyment out of it all. I don't just like watching Spurs play, but football in general!

Though our season certainly isn't ending in February this year is it? I still dream of a Spurs V Arsenal Champions League final at Wembley!! :)

It's all good dazzy, you're the bloke I love to hate (not really hate, but can't think of a better word). Your posts wind me up and get me going at the same time. Banter is a large part of what the games about, if you dish it out you've got to take it. Alls fair.

And I'd rather not play Spurs in a final, not on our current final form.

Saw the Rooney elbow on MOTD last night... well he's just a piece of shit all round really isn't he.

Shit for United (no longer really needed), shit for England (Denmark game was better for his absense), thug like behaviour , and a shit to his wife aswell!

What a disgrace, total joke that he got away with that. Fergies comments were also shocking, how can he say it was nothing? Both clowns.

What a disgrace, total joke that he got away with that. Fergies comments were also shocking, how can he say it was nothing? Both clowns.

I very much doubt that Fergie believes it's nothing. It's quite often the way though, managers will protect players whilst talking to the media and then take any necessary action behind closed doors.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rooney was "injured" for a couple of games :heh: He's been shit anyway, Chicharito and Berbatov are playing much better so even if he was suspended I don't think he'd be missed right now!

Was it ever likely that he would be punished after the game though? The ref "took action" during the game when he awarded the free kick, which was obviously the wrong action, but action none the less. It's something that needs to be changed though, I presume the rules are how they are at the moment in order to stop highlighting mistakes that the ref's make but it's bullshit. Looking at this incident and others such as Flamini's tackle against Spurs, de Jong in the World Cup final, etc retro active punishment needs to be introduced whether the ref saw it at the time or not. They also need to allow appeals if a player was sent off for two yellows.

Rooney's a dick though (but that doesn't stop me supporting him when he's in a United or England shirt though :heh:)

I'm suddenly very nostalgic. I miss the days when Arsenal were on top form, they were always so much nicer to watch than Man U. I remember one game where I think they beat Leeds 4-0, it was just great. That game is shocking though, what the hell was the ref on? At least one Man U player should have got sent off - and that penalty...

Rooney is being a right twat this season. First off with his private life, then all that shit with him leaving, then getting a stupid contract, then this crap with him elbowing another player.

He's a United player, so the fans will stick by him. So will the manager, that's why Fergie defended him. Plus, if he did come out and condemn Rooney, it would have a negative effect on his performances on the pitch, which aren't that good anyway.

Like I said, he's a United player, so the majority of fans will stick by him as long as he wears the shirt. But, there's only so far you can push or take the piss, and he is taking the royal piss. He could do to learn a thing or two from Little Pea, who is giving everything for the team and is just thankful to be playing here. Humility goes a long way.

Whenever I watch United this season Rooney just looks like he's in the way, whilst Bebatov, Chicharito and Nani fire on all cylinders and are exciting to watch.

After numerous red cards, you hear managers saying "can't really defend that one/yeah he had to go really" etc... I don't think it's right of United to just laugh it off, especially after (which they brought up on MOTD) Fergie saying how elbows are too dangerous in the game.

Whenever I watch United this season Rooney just looks like he's in the way, whilst Bebatov, Chicharito and Nani fire on all cylinders and are exciting to watch.

After numerous red cards, you hear managers saying "can't really defend that one/yeah he had to go really" etc... I don't think it's right of United to just laugh it off, especially after (which they brought up on MOTD) Fergie saying how elbows are too dangerous in the game.

You do hear managers say that quite often. If it was Nani or Scholes who was caught elbowing, then Fergie's reaction would have been different. I think it's understandable why Fergie didn't slate Rooney, because the guy has seemed incredibly off the boil this season, and the comments would just further add to that, even if he was clearly in the wrong. Plus, as the matter had already been "dealt with" (in the wrong way by the ref) there probably wasn't much point in saying owt anyway, since the matter had been sorted.

Also, what Fergie says and what he does are two very different things, which we should know by now. If he hasn't got a slating in front of the media, he'll be getting one behind closed doors anyway.

To be honest, the guy needs the season to end as soon as possible. He needs to take the time out to look at himself.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Stoke looked to be edging a 1-0 against West Brom, guess who's just scored? Yeah Carlos Vela, Arsenal player. ;P

1-1

EDIT: Vela had 2 gilt edge chances in quick succession to win it in the final seconds, Begovic saved both of them. Shame he couldn't put one of them away. Fuller threw a punch at Olsen's face as well at the full time whistle, wonder if he'll get punished for that

Edited by Emerald Emblem

He is a little thug. I wish he would have left. I wouldn't miss him at the moment. Every game I see him play now, he annoys me even more and things like that elbow are just ridiculous.

Needs to win me over so much. An overhead kick does not do that. Sort it out Rooney, Get your head down and play football.

An Frenchman walks into a pole...

And Birmingham win the Carling Cup.

A Frenchman walks into a pole...

An Frenchman walks into a pole...

And Birmingham win the Carling Cup.

To confuse matters the Frenchman is half French half pole himself.. *head explodes*

As for Rooney can't believe Man Utd fans on the whole treat him well after the contract ransom. I'd have him out the door as soon that happened. You earn a new contract not demand it.

It's funny how Babel got punished for posting a picture on the internet, yet Rooney gets away with assault.

What a fucking guy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361098/Newcastle-star-Cheik-Tiote-happy-snubbed-Chelsea.html

Tiote reveals why he snubbed Chelsea and stayed with 'welcoming' Newcastle.

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he snubbed a deadline day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies, and expressed his appreciation of the atmosphere at the club that had made him feel so welcome.

The 24-year-old saw Andy Carroll leave St James’ Park for a £35 million British record transfer fee, and could have been persuaded to follow Fernando Torres in his £50m move to Chelsea.

However, the Ivory Coast international decided to stay on Tyneside in preference to London, and recently signed a new six-and-a-half year contract, keeping him at the club until 2017.

'If you come to a new club in a new country it is important there is a good atmosphere at the club.

'As soon as I arrived here the players made me welcome. They helped me settle in and meant I could do a good job on the pitch.

'Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people.

'Newcastle is not so busy. That makes it easier to focus on your job. For me it is important. I would like to be here for a few years. I can learn here.

'I feel settled here. I enjoy it here. The fans are good and the new manager likes me. The club has looked after me and I do my best for the team and the fans.'

The Ivorian discussed his upbringing, and the difficulties he faced in his youth, as he had to sacrifice family life in order to pursue his aim of making the grade in professional football.

Tiote left school at 14, and moved to Belgium just two years later with Anderlecht.

'I made sacrifices to be a player,' he recalled. 'I had to leave my family, my six brothers and three sisters. It was so difficult.

'Now I have a better life and I am happy for that but I had to be focused.

'In Africa the young boys want to go out all the time, they want to do something different.

'But for me the being different was to make it as a professional. To do that I had to leave that life.

'Going back would have been like saying, "I lose". I don’t do losing. I want to win every challenge, every tackle, anything.

'When I was little my dad told me, "If you want to have something in your life, you have to work hard".

'My dad is dead now but I think he would be proud of me.'