NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Arsenal you massive bunch of twonks, there's about 6 teams which wanted that 7th place to be a Europe spot.

If you'd have told me in 2008, when Stephen Carr was an immobile hasbeen in our defence, that in 2011 he'd captain a team to a domestic trophy and European qualification I'd have had you locked up.

6th place minimum for European qualification then.

Martins capitalized on a Koscielny and Szcezney mistake to win the Carling Cup 2-1.

I saw Szcezney spill the ball when Koscielny seemed to be dealing with it and a poachers goal from Martins. What a way to lose a trophy, Fabregas gone in the Summer? Looks all the more likely now.

Foster was just immense, he made so many vital saves and Zigic gave us problems all game. Well done Birmingham City on winning the cup. I'm sure Kosc and Szcez will have nightmares tonight.

Martins capitalized on a Koscielny and Szcezney mistake to win the Carling Cup 2-1.

I saw Szcezney spill the ball when Koscielny seemed to be dealing with it and a poachers goal from Martins. What a way to lose a trophy, Fabregas gone in the Summer? Looks all the more likely now.

Foster was just immense, he made so many vital saves and Zigic gave us problems all game. Well done Birmingham City on winning the cup. I'm sure Kosc and Szcez will have nightmares tonight.

I doubt this loss will have much, if any, differance on his future tbh.

What a brilliant, brilliant cup final, had everything in it. One of the best in a while, better than a Chelsea v Man Utd bore fest!!!

Arsenal just can't seem to win games, I don't know why... They always play well and then lose or draw. United tend to play crap recently but win anyway. Arsenal just need some big fat fella in midfield/defense.

Before I reply to some comments I want to say Congratulations to Birmingham fully deserved on their performance. Only downside is we gift wrapped it.

Arsenal just can't seem to win games, I don't know why... They always play well and then lose or draw. United tend to play crap recently but win anyway. Arsenal just need some big fat fella in midfield/defense.

Don't talk rubbish, we got to a final, we're second in the league and still in two other cup competitions. We can win games. We just had a 'mare today.

What an Arsenal way to lose.

Congrats to Birmingham, Ben Foster won it for you.

I didn't understand Wenger's substitutions though.

Now I will go stuff my face with fatty foods to make myself feel better.

The treble is still on....

But the next 10 days are crucial.

Fantastic game as a neutral. It's why cup finals are so fantastic - a middling club can perform out of their skin fuelled on little but a dream. Johnson was a proper trooper playing for over 20 mins with what looked like a performance-altering knock. The brummies played smart not to sub him and play defensively; beausejour gave arsenal troubles and martins had the energy to last the last few minutes.

Bendtner didn't make the impact he should've done, but then while arsenal had a dozen chances they were perhaps too greedy individually, too often taking a crack when a smart pass would've paid off.

Still; glad to see the underdog turn into top cat :) Been a day of surprises with hammers and fulham (and england's cricketers :P) pulling off some respectable results.

Still; glad to see the underdog turn into top cat :) Been a day of surprises with hammers and fulham (and england's cricketers :P) pulling off some respectable results.

Don't forget Motherwell beating Celtic. It's been a coupon-bursting day.

I've had time to calm down and digest it and one thing has me thoroughly pissed off. Not the game or the result, I think both teams staked a claim for the win. Not even the way the game was lost.

No, what has me pissed off is the Man Utd fans who decide to fill my inbox full of useless jarbs and insults about a competition that they exited months ago. i've no problem having a good natured argument with a bit of banter with a Utd fan but I've simply no time for the idiots, which of course isn't all of them but a vast majority.

No, what has me pissed off is the Man Utd fans who decide to fill my inbox full of useless jarbs and insults about a competition that they exited months ago. i've no problem having a good natured argument with a bit of banter with a Utd fan but I've simply no time for the idiots, which of course isn't all of them but a vast majority.

Don't lower yourself mate, I've had a friend send 3 or 4 wind up messages. Only to text me an hour later and claim it was his brother. Spineless bastard.

Don't lower yourself mate, I've had a friend send 3 or 4 wind up messages. Only to text me an hour later and claim it was his brother. Spineless bastard.

I did say something on Facebook but have since deleted said item, i'll just keep my thoughts to myself.

Don't talk rubbish, we got to a final, we're second in the league and still in two other cup competitions. We can win games. We just had a 'mare today.

Fine "important games" then. They never win anything.

Fine "important games" then. They never win anything.

Did we not beat Chelsea, Barcelona and Man City this season? (quick edit, booze talking there).

Admittedly we've lost the last 3 finals we've been in. But before that we'd won the last 3..

Did we not beat Chelsea, Barcelona and Man City this season? (quick edit, booze talking there).

Admittedly we've lost the last 3 finals we've been in. But before that we'd won the last 3..

Yeah but after beating Chelsea and City will they win the league? Will they beat Barcelona in the second leg? I don't think so they have some sort of mental block where they have to throw it away...