NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

And Chelsea have been defeated by Liverpool 0-1

In the most boring match ever. Is it just me or are boring matches becoming more and more common?

Argh poop! I swear, we're regressing into the Chelsea of old! We've been so poor for so long now... ARGH!!! lol

In the most boring match ever. Is it just me or are boring matches becoming more and more common?

You'd think you'd be used to that with the Scottish League

:p

You'd think you'd be used to that with the Scottish League

:p

I know that's a tongue-in-cheek remark but would I be correct to say you very rarely, if ever, watch the Scottish League? The football up here may not be the same quality as it is south of the border but it is generally more exciting, lots of attacking play. Much more attacking play, lots of goals. The Old Firm match today is a classic example of that, great play throughout. SkySports ALWAYS big up clashes between the 'big 4' but how often do these actually deliver to be great games. The last one that sticks out in my mind was the Arsenal - Liverpool game 2 or 3 years ago!

The EPL is regularly branded as the best league in the world but to be perfectly honest it definitely isn't. In terms of how close the teams are the league table is exciting but the actual football is pretty boring. The Spanish League is far more exciting to watch with both teams going at the other one.

Obviously this weekend has been an exception in the English Premier League but how often do you get a good game. I watch as much football as I can on Sky Sports so its generally English football and we always find we're getting bored by it. I know you're all probably thinking I'm just having a go because it's England and all that but I'm honestly not - I'm just getting bored of English football because the lack of excitement.

Blackpool have been a breath of fresh air this season and I'm loving seeing them doing well and Holloway's outbursts. Don't get me wrong, there are some teams which are fantastic to watch; I make an effort to watch both Arsenal and Spurs because you know you're going to get a good game from them because they play attractive football.

Raul, raul, raul the red.

He's bald and portugese

Meireles, meireles, meireles, meireles.

Score a goal for me!

In the tune of row, row, row your boat :heh:

Top result, really great performance, Carra was an absolute beast.

Bit harsh on the comment of football being boring, shirley yesterdays results shown it is clearly not boring. Of course Chelsea v Liverpool would be boring, they always are, big games usually are boring but not for the supportes of those clubs.

Especially when Liverpool win!!

Well thats because Arsenal scored 4 goals first... Am I missing something? :hmm:

Haha, yes, you are. What I'm saying is that it is crazy how you can concede four goals away from home yet still grab a point. Just pointing out that football as a whole is a crazy game. How often do we see teams concede four goals yet still end up taking something home with them?

I'm not convinced Fletcher is the player everyone seems to make him out to be. Take him out of a team of superstars and he can't add anything to the game. He's a battler and will always give his all in a game and get stuck in about them but I just don't think he's particularly good at it.

I know I'm always the first to bash players without giving much praise so just one more criticism coming and it's directed towards... Rio Ferdinand. He's past it, simple as. Overrated at the moment, hasn't had a great season, injury prone.

The Man Utd team is very average at the moment, I'm not a fan of Rafael, he'll become a good rightback ini the future but he isn't there yet. He's got far too much a gung-ho attitude and just charges about the place with no real meaning. I was saying yesterday that I bet he compares himself to Cafu (and his brother to Roberto Carlos) because they are both that type of player but just (at the moment, at least) not good enough.

What Man Utd really need is a great passer of the ball in midfield as they don't really have anyone. Charlie Adam was being linked with them in January and he's exactly the type of player that they need. Someome high on confidence to play some fantasic passes, set up the forwards and also grab some goals himself. I'd also love to see Adam and Fletcher, two Scots, line up as regulars in the centre of Man Utds midfield. I think someone like Adam would go well with Fletcher as they would compliment each others game. For Scotland, Fletcher always seems to get given the creative role but that's not him, give that to Adam and let Fletcher battle it out and be the more defensive one.

Rio hasn't had a great season, but he still has a lot to give, imo. When he's fully fit, him and Vidic are one of the strongest centre-back partnerships in the world.

As for Darren, he has to be played in the right position to get the best out of him. Remember the derby against City at Old Trafford, he was playing box to box and he was absolutely everywhere. One of the most dangerous players on the field.

His long range passing is actually pretty decent from time to time, but it's not something he excels at. He's one of these guys who is quite good all round but isn't particularly great at one thing. He's no Paul Scholes when it comes to passing or shooting, he's not quite Hargreaves in terms of defensiveness, but he does possess a lot of stamina and will get about everywhere. He's not had a great season this year, but when he is on form he's usually one of the first names on the sheet.

Charlie Adam would be a good signing for United. What we really need is somebody who is mobile, box to box, good at long range and short range passing and has an eye for goal. Basically, we need a new Paul Scholes. I don't think we've ever truely been able to replace Scholes and Keane in centre-midfield. Hence why Scholes has been so important this season for us.

I know that's a tongue-in-cheek remark but would I be correct to say you very rarely, if ever, watch the Scottish League? The football up here may not be the same quality as it is south of the border but it is generally more exciting, lots of attacking play. Much more attacking play, lots of goals. The Old Firm match today is a classic example of that, great play throughout. SkySports ALWAYS big up clashes between the 'big 4' but how often do these actually deliver to be great games. The last one that sticks out in my mind was the Arsenal - Liverpool game 2 or 3 years ago!

The EPL is regularly branded as the best league in the world but to be perfectly honest it definitely isn't. In terms of how close the teams are the league table is exciting but the actual football is pretty boring. The Spanish League is far more exciting to watch with both teams going at the other one.

Obviously this weekend has been an exception in the English Premier League but how often do you get a good game. I watch as much football as I can on Sky Sports so its generally English football and we always find we're getting bored by it. I know you're all probably thinking I'm just having a go because it's England and all that but I'm honestly not - I'm just getting bored of English football because the lack of excitement.

Blackpool have been a breath of fresh air this season and I'm loving seeing them doing well and Holloway's outbursts. Don't get me wrong, there are some teams which are fantastic to watch; I make an effort to watch both Arsenal and Spurs because you know you're going to get a good game from them because they play attractive football.

The simple answer to all of that is "defence." Blackpool are so great this season simply because they do not defend. :heh:

The standard of defending in the Premier League is pretty high, imo. Teams are usually very well set up, and they set out to nullify their opponents. The reason why you don't get such high scoring games is usually because of this. Especially in the bigger games. You wouldn't see Chelsea thrashing Liverpool 5-0 in this league (well, not anytime soon) because the teams are very organised. It doesn't make for a hugely exciting game, but then what would the manager's prefer? To lose 6-5 and have an exciting end to end game or to win a game 1-0, taking their chances and defending well? Fans would prefer the 6-5. :heh:

Raul, raul, raul the red.

He's bald and portugese

Meireles, meireles, meireles, meireles.

Score a goal for me!

In the tune of row, row, row your boat :heh:

Top result, really great performance, Carra was an absolute beast.

That's a quality song. I was just about to say that my man of the match was Carra. Managed to keep Anelka, Torres and Drogba at bay all at once.

Rangers season has rightly gone down the pan. They will rise again.

GET IN!!!!

How does that taste, Torres? Bitter? :D

What happened to destiny?!? :laughing:

And Chelsea have been defeated by Liverpool 0-1

I can't believe it. I would have taken a point - a boring 0-0. To win? Mental. I don't know whats gone wrong with Chelsea because they have a team of great players (even before Torres) but they have just gone off the boil. Crazy. Could Liverpool make it up to 4th by the end of the season...? It actually seems plausible to think it could happen.

Dumb Chelsea fans, can't even design a flag themselves.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=28930&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Does this surprise anyone? Chelsea have become an absolute soul less club, trying so hard to be one of the big boys. Their fans are a joke, from the close ups on tv, hardly any of them looked interested, let alone make some noise.

I fully expect "Highbury Library" retorts or similar stuff.

Rangers season has rightly gone down the pan. They will rise again.

I take it you're meaning Queens Park? The game today only highlighted the gulf in class between both Rangers and Celtic, only one team ever looked like wanting to win, and that was with 10 men.

I take it you're meaning Queens Park? The game today only highlighted the gulf in class between both Rangers and Celtic, only one team ever looked like wanting to win, and that was with 10 men.

Was talking about the Glasgow flavoured Rangers. You'd be forgiven for thinking I meant QPR though - they would pwn all in the SPL.

Jamie Carragher has been remanded in custody by Londons Metroplotiton Police pending a bail hearing. CCTV appears to show the Liverpool vice captain walking around with 50 million pounds worth of Roman Abramaviches property in his pocket for over an hour.

:D

Was talking about the Glasgow flavoured Rangers. You'd be forgiven for thinking I meant QPR though - they would pwn all in the SPL.

I'd have to object to that, all but Celtic anyway.

Jamie Carragher has been remanded in custody by Londons Metroplotiton Police pending a bail hearing. CCTV appears to show the Liverpool vice captain walking around with 50 million pounds worth of Roman Abramaviches property in his pocket for over an hour.

:D

Haha. :laughing:

Torres was just as shit as he's been for us the past two seasons. £50m? John Henry must be laughing his cock off.

Dumb Chelsea fans, can't even design a flag themselves.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=28930&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Either we do have some stupid fans or they were just copying it but putting it in blue to take the piss? Unlikely but still.

Today's game was boooooooooooooooring. No MASSIVE chances. The goal was a screw up between Ivanovic/Bosingwa and Cech can't remember who think Ivanovic. Meireles did well to get on the end but it was a bit of a crap goal really. Though you should have scored in the first half, how he hit the crossbar from there I don't know :p

Torres was rubbish today, but I don't think Liverpool were amazing today either. Sure they won but no massive dominance. We were a bit flat today which was annoying.

Have to say, Kenny has completely turned things around at Liverpool. They look organised and quite dangerous now. I knew Meireles had something, and it looks like Kenny knows how to play him.

Either we do have some stupid fans or they were just copying it but putting it in blue to take the piss? Unlikely but still.

Today's game was boooooooooooooooring. No MASSIVE chances. The goal was a screw up between Ivanovic/Bosingwa and Cech can't remember who think Ivanovic. Meireles did well to get on the end but it was a bit of a crap goal really. Though you should have scored in the first half, how he hit the crossbar from there I don't know :p

Torres was rubbish today, but I don't think Liverpool were amazing today either. Sure they won but no massive dominance. We were a bit flat today which was annoying.

Not sure what match you were watching. We were majestic, totally outclassed you. You must be getting a bit nervous about securing that Champions League place now?

Not sure what match you were watching. We were majestic, totally outclassed you. You must be getting a bit nervous about securing that Champions League place now?

Majestic? I don't know what game you were watching either.

You were the best of a very bad bunch. You've been shit all season, 4 or 5 games doesn't change that.

I wouldn't go that far, deserved winners, yes. Outclassed, no.

The match had a total of 5 shots on target, 1 for Chelsea and 4 for Liverpool (if I remember correctly). Thats not a massive gulf, considering Chelsea had the majority of the possession, that stat definitely escapes me.

Woy played Meireles in a position and formation that restricted him, and stopped him from expressing himself. With the changes, he can express himself and really play his game, which is very good. Classy player.

We will finish 4th and you can quote me on that.

Don't get carried away fella, you'll be lucky to get 6th.

Ramar; motd stats said 2 each for on target, while chelsea had 11 off-target and liverpool had 3.

Mind you, stats are dull.

Ramar; motd stats said 2 each for on target, while chelsea had 11 off-target and liverpool had 3.

Mind you, stats are dull.

That differs from Sky, I'm sure Chelsea had more off target chances. Either way, it backs up my point that Liverpool didn't dominate.