NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Basically, our fans won that for us. Even at 4-0 down the ground was full and getting behind the team, we celebrated 4-1 like it was the equaliser, roared every time we got the ball and the Arsenal defence absolutely shit a brick. From then on, we were only going to get something out of the game.

Basically, our fans won that for us. Even at 4-0 down the ground was full and getting behind the team, we celebrated 4-1 like it was the equaliser, roared every time we got the ball and the Arsenal defence absolutely shit a brick. From then on, we were only going to get something out of the game.

I don't think it's necessarily your fans, because we've pissed similar leads away at home. We just collapsed, with 10 men and a helping hand from Mr Dowd we couldn't chase the game.

I think Wenger got the subs wrong, Rosicky shouldn't have come on. Gibbs should have come on left wing to give us some pace on the counter.

It is crazy how Man United gave away two goals away from home and got nothing. Yet Arsenal conceded four away from home and got a point.

Funny game, this football.

That Everton game was a cracker. Could have finished 10-all.

I think I had a heart attack watching MOTD tonight.

Barton was, for once, not a complete bastard. it was him and Nolan that kept heart and spurred the side on. Arsenal going down to 10 men plus thinking "well, we've won it" meant they fell apart.

Man U were abysmal. Their form's been shakey for over a month now, and chelsea are showing signs of a resurgence - tomorrow should be interesting!

Yeah, the team need a kick up the arse. I've been a bit disappointed with Fletcher this season, as I don't really think he's got going. Hasn't been getting forward as much as he could or should be doing. I really do wonder if the scoreline would have been different had Rio been playing instead of Jonny. The boy still has a lot to learn.

On the other hand, Wolves are fighting to stay in the league, and they were massively up for it today. Kevin Doyle and Elokobi were absolutely everywhere and hustled all game. I wish we had shown the same desire that they had.

Really does suprise me that Elokobi is a premiership left back, he wasn't exactly great for us.

I think I had a heart attack watching MOTD tonight.

Barton was, for once, not a complete bastard. it was him and Nolan that kept heart and spurred the side on. Arsenal going down to 10 men plus thinking "well, we've won it" meant they fell apart. !

Tell me about it. Loved it when Lineker was like 'sorry about that, only the 7 goals for you in that last game'... watching Arsenal Newcastle with my Arsenal fan housemate was a pretty joyous affair too.

Good win for Spurs against Bolton, Champions League next year is looking increasingly unlikely with Chelsea back on form and with their new signings...

What about that blatant penalty for Bolton? Shocking decision from Clattenburg to book Cahill.

What about that blatant penalty for Bolton? Shocking decision from Clattenburg to book Cahill.

Yeah, that was terrible. Though to be fair the disallowed Van der Vaart penalty probably should have stood earlier in the game so ya know.

Yeah, that was terrible. Though to be fair the disallowed Van der Vaart penalty probably should have stood earlier in the game so ya know.

Not really two Spurs players encroached on the penalty, by the rules he had to retake it.

That rule is really only in place in regards to a goalkeeper save, and holds no bearing on the kick itself. You could argue that it could be 'offputting' for the keeper, but frankly a few yards here and there isn't going to distract a keeper from the job at hand - a penalty! VdV should've done better with the retake, mind you. Get it on target is priority #1.

So, is Torres starting tomorrow? If he is, I'll try to watch it live...

I never had you down as a huge footie fan, Jay. I r surprised, in a good way.

Torres had better start tomorrow. I wish it were at Anfield, though. Would looooove to hear the reception he gets from the crowd. :heh:

2-1 Liverpool tomorrow. Torres to open scoring, then Meireles, and then ofcourse Suárez for the winner ;)

I missed the match, but MOTD was a bit of a treat I must say. I just wish I had watched it in the halls bar, with the load of arsenal fans who inevitably would have been in. That would have been so epic, especially as I was there when we lost 4-0 (lols) to Arsenal in a cup match. That one was 4-0 right?

..............................................................................(statement)

Did strike me as typical Arsenal though, throwing away a decent lead on the day Man U struggle as well. Might as well hand the buggers the title right now :heh:

it's understatement get it lolololol.

Edited by ipaul

It is crazy how Man United gave away two goals away from home and got nothing. Yet Arsenal conceded four away from home and got a point.

Funny game, this football.

Well thats because Arsenal scored 4 goals first... Am I missing something? :hmm:

Yeah, the team need a kick up the arse. I've been a bit disappointed with Fletcher this season, as I don't really think he's got going. Hasn't been getting forward as much as he could or should be doing. I really do wonder if the scoreline would have been different had Rio been playing instead of Jonny. The boy still has a lot to learn.

I'm not convinced Fletcher is the player everyone seems to make him out to be. Take him out of a team of superstars and he can't add anything to the game. He's a battler and will always give his all in a game and get stuck in about them but I just don't think he's particularly good at it.

I know I'm always the first to bash players without giving much praise so just one more criticism coming and it's directed towards... Rio Ferdinand. He's past it, simple as. Overrated at the moment, hasn't had a great season, injury prone.

The Man Utd team is very average at the moment, I'm not a fan of Rafael, he'll become a good rightback ini the future but he isn't there yet. He's got far too much a gung-ho attitude and just charges about the place with no real meaning. I was saying yesterday that I bet he compares himself to Cafu (and his brother to Roberto Carlos) because they are both that type of player but just (at the moment, at least) not good enough.

What Man Utd really need is a great passer of the ball in midfield as they don't really have anyone. Charlie Adam was being linked with them in January and he's exactly the type of player that they need. Someome high on confidence to play some fantasic passes, set up the forwards and also grab some goals himself. I'd also love to see Adam and Fletcher, two Scots, line up as regulars in the centre of Man Utds midfield. I think someone like Adam would go well with Fletcher as they would compliment each others game. For Scotland, Fletcher always seems to get given the creative role but that's not him, give that to Adam and let Fletcher battle it out and be the more defensive one.

Dunno, we even got some grudging respect from the mackems. :grin:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=568117

Don't get me wrong by the time it was 4-2 your lot were rocking, it definitely inspired and helped your boys on. But our lot have previous with such collapses, so it can't all be down to crowd pressure.

And in response to Charlie, too much to quote; I think Fletcher is a better referee than a footballer. ;)

Flink; yeah I always love me a bit of MOTD, it's the main way I keep in touch with the soap opera that is the Prem! Not a stats man all up to date on injuries/formations or anythng :P

Charlie; YES! Rafael is such a flakey player - some games he's fantastic but he's just a liability, making at least two mistakes per match. No good.

Fantastic Old Firm match just there - I hope everyone was watching that over the 'Super Sunday' fixture between West Ham and Brum! Celtic weree fantastic throughout and evennafter going down to 10 men they still outplayed Rangers. Best game of football I've seen this season other than El Classico.

Fantastic Old Firm match just there - I hope everyone was watching that over the 'Super Sunday' fixture between West Ham and Brum! Celtic weree fantastic throughout and evennafter going down to 10 men they still outplayed Rangers. Best game of football I've seen this season other than El Classico.

Nah, I am watching the proper derby game on BBC, Swansea v Cardiff. ;)

That second half performance was one of the best Celtic performances at Ibrox i've ever seen. Rangers couldn't get the ball off of our ten men.

They're dead on their feet, hopefully we'll take advantage now and win the league :)

Great result for the Bhoys! especially after the sending off. Rangers just didn't look interested in winning it at all, we deserved to win it in the end. It must have been the slowest paced old firm game i've ever seen, the pitch didn't help matters.