NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Matt Le Tissier was losing the plot over Everton's goal on Soccer Special, he literally couldn't believe it was given. I'd love to hear the Linesman assistant referee's reasoning behind the decision.

I was going to answer with something like the linesman must have thought Koscielny's flailing touch constitutes a pass from an opposing player but checking the laws of the game from Fifa's site there's nothing about what counts as a pass or a controlled touch.

There is however:

Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball

touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,

involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or

• interfering with an opponent or

• gaining an advantage by being in that position

The last bullet point clearly applies to the situation, he gained the ultimate advantage from being in an offside position.

Gary Neville retired. I'll miss his silky skills.

Good, the rat king is no more.

Suarez! Abit lucky, but was alert and good pass from Kuyt. Delighted he's scored already! :D :D

A day of January signings getting their first goals. Robbie Keane, Suarez and Daniel Sturridge all opening their accounts for their new clubs.

Saw the goal Vidic scored, some goal for a CB :heh:.

Cannot wait for Sunday, seriously excited about it. Going to be a great game, it's just been setup so good. :)

*waits for all the Liverpool fans to flood back to this thread*

Oh wai- ;)

Great to see Rooney scoring again. Hopefully he can get back to the ways of last season. If we can get him scoring for fun again, then that's three in-form strikers.

*waits for all the Liverpool fans to flood back to this thread*

Oh wai- ;)

Great to see Rooney scoring again. Hopefully he can get back to the ways of last season. If we can get him scoring for fun again, then that's three in-form strikers.

I actually despise how the media bum Rooney. He bags two, finally this season he does his job and all the back pages are "ROONEY IS BACK TO HIS BEST". If Rooney wasn't English he'd get half the praise and attention.

Rooney in all competitions has 2 more goals than Laurent Koscielny. It says it all.

Looking forward to Sunday. I hope that shit haired Spanish rent boy gets both his legs broken and that John Terry dry bums his missus.

Saw the goal Vidic scored, some goal for a CB :heh:.

Cannot wait for Sunday, seriously excited about it. Going to be a great game, it's just been setup so good. :)

Pffft, Vermaelen was scoring goals like that for fun last season :heh:

Pffft, Vermaelen was scoring goals like that for fun last season :heh:

Wish The Verminator was fit this year.

theverminator_290744.png

Off to Newcastle bright and early (I say bright, it'll be dark at 6am) tomorrow, looking forward to it. Maybe not so much travelling on the coach, but it's another stadium I've not been to before.

Wish The Verminator was fit this year.

theverminator_290744.png

Off to Newcastle bright and early (I say bright, it'll be dark at 6am) tomorrow, looking forward to it. Maybe not so much travelling on the coach, but it's another stadium I've not been to before.

Hopefully he should be fit soon and fully over his Achilles problem. Loving some of the banter on Twitter from the Arsenal guys. I reckon they're all scared shitless to fall asleep now :heh:

I actually despise how the media bum Rooney. He bags two, finally this season he does his job and all the back pages are "ROONEY IS BACK TO HIS BEST". If Rooney wasn't English he'd get half the praise and attention.

Rooney in all competitions has 2 more goals than Laurent Koscielny. It says it all.

Rooney does get over-rated by the press. But, you shouldn't listen to what they're saying anyway. I never do. :heh:

He's been arse this season, but maybe now he can find his form again and get his season going.

Should be a good weekend of football. The match of the weekend though has to be Torres against Liverpool on Sunday, if he plays. Should be brilliant to watch. If only it was at Anfield.

This is far too easy, we aren't playing like we can, 26 minutes and it's 4-0.

EDIT: Oh Diaby, you're silly sending off is punishing us now. 4-2 and Newcastle have a penalty. Both these penalties are for nothing at all. 4-3

EDIT: 4-4, my god this is such bull.

EDIT: well we hung on to the draw at least, what sort of calls was the ref making? He was terrible today and handed them the draw, he might as well have worn the Newcastle kit for the second half.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Well, that was both the worst and best halves I've been at st james for this season. The arsenal fans shut up from 4-1, which didn't help them. Could have won it if it wasnt for that fucking ref, didn't even give that second pen, the linesman had to give it.

Well, that was both the worst and best halves I've been at st james for this season. The arsenal fans shut up from 4-1, which didn't help them. Could have won it if it wasnt for that fucking ref, didn't even give that second pen, the linesman had to give it.

From what I gather Van Persie had a late goal incorrectly disallowed? It's funny you mention the referee, i've heard it from a few different people that he robbed Arsenal. I've not seen any of the game myself, just going on what I've heard.

I did hear all the abuse Mike Ashley was getting at 4-0 down, seemed to dry up when Newcastle got scoring.

From what I gather Van Persie had a late goal incorrectly disallowed? It's funny you mention the referee, i've heard it from a few different people that he robbed Arsenal. I've not seen any of the game myself, just going on what I've heard.

I did hear all the abuse Mike Ashley was getting at 4-0 down, seemed to dry up when Newcastle got scoring.

Well we can always cast the ref to hell, but we were still 4-0 up and shouldn't have fallen apart, it's the trend with Arsenal, they think they've done enough and even with this advantage they fuck it up.

EDIT: I have to Say, Tiote's goal was a beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRsxRnOHXc&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Leon Best had a goal wrongly disallowed for off side. By rights we should have taken 3 points.

United bottled it today. Too many times we've conceded from set pieces away from home. Our defence were non-existent today.

Looking at the bigger picture, how many teams would love to have kept an unbeaten run going until February? So, thats some achievement, but still, poor today. After scoring an early goal we should have controlled the game.

Full credit to Wolves. Elokobi was a fucking hero today.

All things considered, if you'd have told me we'd have gained ground on Man Utd at the start of the day, I'd have taken it.

I weren't going to say anything to harsh but when you said we shut up at 4-1, I couldn't resists a "at least we didn't go home at 4-0".

But I thought the geordie fans today, on the whole were good banter.

I've not seen any of the game again, so I won't comment on pens or offsides, but I'm disgusted with Diaby for reacting. Clearly Newcastle came out the second half to get stuck into us, they gave us far too much space in the first and Diaby took the bait. He's a twat, considering injuries we've got at central midfield at the minute. Losing Djourou was even more pivotal because Squillaci is just inept.

On the whole absolutely terrible to piss away a 4-0 lead. But at least Man Utd have been beaten, it would have been a bigger disgrace for that team to match The Invincibles.

Edit - Just seen the second penalty, what?... Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Edited by Ramar