NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Arsenal played well, deserved the win. Sagna got forward alot, as did Gibbs. Song and Denilson both were solid, Song especially was great. Arshavin was disappointing, he put effort in though. Chamakh and Nasri were decent, and Bendtner was good. Thought Koscienly and Djourou did really well against a pacey attack (Gradel, Watt, Snodgrass).

Altogether it was a comfortably win for them.

Hope Arsenal beat Leeds, can't do with idiot Leeds fans bragging. They still talk about beating Man United as if it was yesterday...:hmm:

A Liverpool fan complaining about other fans reliving past glories... riiiiiight...

lolz

Haven't posted in here for a while, so here's my thoughts on Sunday. Considering that there were a few derby games playing on the same day, I don't think any of them lived up to expectations. But then again, do they ever?

The Spurs/United game wasn't as great as I had anticipated. From my point of view, Darren Fletcher hasn't looked that threatening this season. There were far too many passengers in that team on Sunday. Carrick didn't look up for it, although he did well in the second half. Fletcher didn't look great. Nani wasn't at the races. Our best player was probably Rafael who has been immense this season.

Sending off was harsh, but these decisions happen in football. I thought the team defended really well when they went down to 10 men. Can't believe Tottenham didn't punish us, though. Modric was probably the most dangerous player on the field. Bale and Rafael had some brilliant duels on that side of the field. Overall though, not a classic. A point away from home is good, however.

Tonight, I didn't mind who won between Arsenal and Leeds. If it were possible, I'd love it if both of them managed to lose. Somehow. Yeah, that isn't possible.

I just stumbled onto this vid;

I totally don't remember it happening, but man, Hart can run!

Can't find the video in english, so put up with the "Allah van der saar!" stuff. The music was an added bonus, tbf.

That is incredibly impressive!! Great keeper, ol joe

A Liverpool fan complaining about other fans reliving past glories... riiiiiight...

lolz

It's more to do with them being so in your face about it.

Elland Road is a decent ground, with a good set of fans. Or at least they were well behaved tonight.

Outplayed them in the end, but it was a decent cup tie. And all though we should have had a free kick, their goal was a cracker.

That video of Joe Hart is a fake. At no point this season have Man City been 1 - 0 down to Man United, they've only played once this season and it was a 0 - 0. It was definately supposed to be this season aswell because Joe Hart is wearing the number 1 shirt, and he didn't play at all last season for City because he was on loan at Birmingham.

Must have been for an advert, Premier League players do ads like this all the time.

That video of Joe Hart is a fake. At no point this season have Man City been 1 - 0 down to Man United, they've only played once this season and it was a 0 - 0. It was definately supposed to be this season aswell because Joe Hart is wearing the number 1 shirt, and he didn't play at all last season for City because he was on loan at Birmingham.

Must have been for an advert, Premier League players do ads like this all the time.

Wrong.

Game took place 30th Nov 2008.

Link of minute by minute of the game

90+3 min: And Hart is stranded upfield. United break, Hart races back. Rooney shoots ... but the keeper tips it away for a corner. Breathless stuff, particularly for Hart, who looks exhausted, grasping his wheezy goalkeeper's chest.

Oh right, mental. It was just the way it was edited that threw me, the clock in the corner looked as if it had been added on afterwards, that and the way they cut to the replay.

That really is mental though. Awesome video.

Cat's piss? That is mental. Sorry man.

:laughing:

I couldn't believe it myself either. Really.

Dam unlucky to be fair :heh:

BACK TO FOOTBALL EVERYONE.

Was wondering what Sunderland were going to spend the Bent money on but I can't imagine it's going to be anything. They're not getting it all at once, the deal they did with Spurs means they get a sell on fee (Spurs seem good at stuff like that, sure they've shafted us a few times) and they're going to have to buy or replace the players they have on loan, Mensah, Onuoah, Welbeck and Elmohamady. Apparently the first instalment doesn't even cover the £6m they've had to pay Spurs upfront, so they're actually worse off than last week.

Edited by BlueStar

We can wonder, but at the end of the day the team/club is always going to be shit solely because they are Mackams. Amirite?

Was wondering what Sunderland were going to spend the Bent money on but I can't imagine it's going to be anything. They're not getting it all at once, the deal they did with Spurs means they get a sell on fee (Spurs seem good at stuff like that, sure they've shafted us a few times) and they're going to have to buy or replace the players they have on loan, Mensah, Onuoah, Welbeck and Elmohamady. Apparently the first instalment doesn't even cover the £6m they've had to pay Spurs upfront, so they're actually worse off than last week.

It's in Spurs nature to be good with money.. :blank:

I thought it was all up front?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8802445.Quinn__time_needed_to_sign_Bent_replacement/

Despite securing a clubrecord fee for Bent, Quinn claims the terms of the deal, allied to the £4m-plus that Sunderland owed Tottenham for the outstanding balance of the agreement that took the striker to the Stadium of Light in the first place, means there is not a bottomless pit to raid this month.

“You do your transfers in stages and we still owed Spurs money,†he said. “The first sum Aston Villa have paid us is barely enough to pay Spurs, so I don’t have money burning a hole in my pocket. But in the next three years I will have.

“We didn’t get handed a cheque for £24m – we got handed a cheque for about a quarter of that, but we had to pay Spurs the remainder of the money we owed them. If we can find a club that will allow us to pay in stages, we will do that.â€

We can wonder, but at the end of the day the team/club is always going to be shit solely because they are Mackams. Amirite?

Now, now ;)

That Darren Bent transfer is shocking. Aston Villa are a good club and I respect them very much. But, how can anybody justify moving away from a team that is flying high this season like Sunderland, to a team that has under-performed and had its fair share of managerial/backroom drama since the start of the season like Villa.

If Darren was a bench warmer, then I'd have respect for him because he'd be moving away to secure more football. But, he's a focal point in the team. I just can't understand why he'd move. I know there's more money in it for him, but from a footballing point of view, I just don't get it.

I didn't imagine how bad a transfer could be for a club, but there it is, shame it has to be a team who are punching above their weight.

Also Pienaar has gone to Spurs over Chelsea.

WHY DO SPURS NEED HIM???? I Assume they'll off load Jenas now then, as I doubt they'll be letting go of Huddlestone, Modric, VDV

I found that to be an odd outcome too. As strange as it is to say, I think he'd find it far easier to walk into Chelsea's current starting 11.

I'm not going to complain though. Always loved watching the guy at Everton and I'm sure he'll be a great alternative to either of the wings if things need to be changed and will of course provide great cover if there are injuries.

The Darren Bent transfer I just find baffling though. I can only assume he was unhappy at Sunderland for some reason.

Not really posted in here before but always looking, I'm actually surprised, well not so much it was bound to happen, Barnsley boy Hammil has gotten to the big leagues, Wolves ahve snapped him up today.

Hopefully won't kill any chances Barnsley will have later, not that they're doing well at the minute 16th in the league, though more wins would be helpful to get higher up..Hopefully will happen >>...hopefully

BOSH!! I suggest you try your best to see Liverpools second goal scored today against wolves.

Van Persie could have had 5 today, albeit the post and the awful penalty, only his second missed penalty in his career and glad he finally got his hat trick with us. Hope he has his scoring boots on against Barca.