NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RoadKill

Audioscrobbler/Last.fm

For anyone new who doesn't know about this, or for existing members of the Audioscrobbler Cube-Europe group, I've created a new group.

http://www.last.fm/group/Revolution-Europe

The previous one being: http://www.last.fm/group/Cube-Europe

If you don't know what Audioscrobbler is, please, I emplore you to take a look, basically it's a plugin which reports the music you listen to, and then it can build up charts for you, and the groups you are in.

It's pretty awesome and I think it's an awesome thing for any music fan, I sometimes use my charts to see music that I might like.

I would join, but I hardly ever listen to music on my computer anymore (all my music is downstairs, but I use the computer I'm on now to go on forums).

Is there any real point in me joining?

It's all cool, it's for members of the forums too, it's just cool to see what everyone listens to :)

http://www.last.fm/user/rizzly/

Joined. Mine is not that accurate though, as I had it turned of for maybe 6 months so MJ would have been plus a few thousand. Other than that i'd say it's all good. Although I have no recollection of listening to MCR 44 times, 20 at the most.

On the group page does it actually show everyone's music artists and stuff added up? Or does it just link to everyone elses?

I'm in :) Joined like before, expect mucho initial D and game music...

I'm in :) Joined like before, expect mucho initial D and game music...

Ewwwww, anime and computer game music :doh:

• Like 1

It will eventually (when they compile the stats) show everyone's music charts compounded together, but it's not realtime by any means, the database is heeeeuge.

Yeah, monopolyman, the idea is you set and forget, it doesn't need any input from you once it's setup.

I didnt know we had an old one, but i'll join this. Im Supernova36 on there.

Pio, i see you're a Feeder fan :D

Yeah. It takes a while.

It's disconcerting at first.

Although it should list all the songs you last listened to if it's been working, in real time.

Edit: Just looked at your page. You did, erm... Install the plugin, didn't you?

Installed, and followed all the instrctions to get it working (using the iTunes one) and it says it has, "Failed to handshake with the server"....

EDIT: iscrobble5rx.jpg

That's what comes up.

Also, it's not Norton Internet Security blocking it. What's going on?!

EDIT2: Just asked on the last.fm forums and apparently a lot of people can't handshake at the moment, I think it may be a server problem.

Installed, and followed all the instrctions to get it working (using the iTunes one) and it says it has, "Failed to handshake with the server"....

Your plugin is rude so the server won't let him connect.

Duh.

Right, as far as I can tell I've installed it and signed up. No real sign of anything happening though. I guess we'll see.

Edit: Seems to be working now.

I've joined. I probably wont care about this after 5 minutes, though.

Ive done exactly the same

Well... Sorry to bump this, but it's doing it again! Damn you servers!

And on another note, how long do you think it'll be 'til the charts are compiled (not sure why I'm so interested in that...)

Sign in to follow this