NEurope
darksnowman

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

I don't know if this is accurate or not but it seems the game has been delayed and will now release on 08/09/2012 according to ShopTo atm.

Haven't heard anything about this, do you have a preorder @S\.C\.G?

Haven't heard anything about this, do you have a preorder @S\.C\.G?

Nope, I just seemed to remember that the game was supposedly due to be released sometime this month so I checked, saw that the date had been changed and figured I might as well post in this thread about its delay.

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game so I guess this isn't something I should be buying though I do still have an interest in it. :)

Actually it's being released next month, July 20th. Found something sweet just now aswell!

"The Mark of Mastery edition ($54.99) — so far only announced for North America — comes with five AR cards, a snap-on 3DS protector case and 12 art cards bearing images from the series. Oh, and you get the game too, of course."

u8s1n.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/05/kingdom_hearts_3d_gets_mark_of_mastery_special_edition

EDIT:

“this version is specifically for the NA release I’m afraid”.

Too bad.

Edited by -Dem0-

So the demo.... yeah, rather short. Would personally have liked more to get a better feel for things.

Looks and sounds great. Controls pretty well while moving about Traverse Town, although the wall jumping thing and the lamppost spinning is oddly handled (forward rolling into both to activate it... seems a bit strange). The battles are pretty much as they were; still a little tricky to pull off your magic attacks/scroll through these with them being on the d-pad and when you throw in having to tap the touch screen to use your dream eater pet links, things can get a little fiddly control wise. Camera is better than the DS games (wouldn't be hard) but it still doesn't feel quite right and still a little easy to lose sight of enemies (particularly in the boss fight).

Very much looking forward to playing the full game, as it's Kingdom Hearts and because of The World Ends With You cameos (and I've started replaying said game :D). It supports the Slider Pad add-on thing (can't remember the name of thing) doesn't it? If so, would love to hear how the demo handles with it.

Very much looking forward to playing the full game, as it's Kingdom Hearts and because of The World Ends With You cameos (and I've started replaying said game :D). It supports the Slider Pad add-on thing (can't remember the name of thing) doesn't it? If so, would love to hear how the demo handles with it.

Yeah, it supports it. Does the demo support it? If so I will dust mine off and give the game a go while using it.

EDIT: Bah! Read on GAF that the demo doesn't support the CCP.

EDIT 2: Someone else claims they used it. Guess I will find out when I get home.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Ok so going in as someone who doesn't really like the series, for it being a brainless button masher... It's still mostly a brainless button masher. The touch screen stuff is cool, as is the flying, but the combat is still boring and basically on auto pilot. Visuals are fantastic though, a clear jump above the PS2 games.

No thanks. Pass. I'll stick to Theathythm. Seeing Neku makes me want TWERY 2 that much more though :cry:

Yeah, it supports it. Does the demo support it? If so I will dust mine off and give the game a go while using it.

EDIT: Bah! Read on GAF that the demo doesn't support the CCP.

EDIT 2: Someone else claims they used it. Guess I will find out when I get home.

There's your answer (hint: not in the demo)

piRjz.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

So is anyone picking this one up? I never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, but after I tried the demo I am very interested. How long does it usually take to complete a KH game?

So is anyone picking this one up? I never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, but after I tried the demo I am very interested. How long does it usually take to complete a KH game?

I probably will. I've only played Chain of Memories on the GBA so you won't be the only one going in blind. : peace:

There's a demo? In our region? Someone fire up my 3DS and get it for me.

There's a demo? In our region? Someone fire up my 3DS and get it for me.

Oh come on snow, it was released on the day of the Direct conference :shakehead

Also I'm getting the game too, while only having played the GBA KH.

I guess I'm going in blind too. I own all of the Kingdom Hearts games except the GBA one but I don't think I've ever completed the first level on any of them. Not because they're boring but because my PS2 keeps going into a black screen when it's loading from which it never recovers and I've just not got around to playing the PSP one (next on my list after I've completed The 3rd Birthday!) or the two on the DS (which are also in the backlog :sad:).

Oh come on snow, it was released on the day of the Direct conference :shakehead

Also I'm getting the game too, while only having played the GBA KH.

I had no idea either! Thanks for bumping the thread.

Since I have no clue, when is the game released again?

Unlike most of you it seems, I have played and completed all KH games that has been released.

Edited by Tales

Since I have no clue, when is the game released again?

It's out on 20th July

That's a whole lot sooner than I expected. Not knowing release date makes the waiting so much easier :p

I've just not got around to playing the PSP one (next on my list after I've completed The 3rd Birthday!) or the two on the DS (which are also in the backlog :sad:).

The PSP one is amazing, get it played.

I've had this preordered for a while now and i've played all but one of the KH games ( ReCoded ) I simply cannot wait to get my hands on this.

Had a go on this earlier. Combat is still pretty sloppy, but at least the jumping has improved.

Why does the main guy fly around like a DBZ character?

I downloaded and played the demo of this before.

Never played a KH game in my life.

This controlled well and looked great but it seems there is sooooo much to take in! Not sure if I'd have the patience to learn it all!

Could be a purchase for me though!

So who has KH 3D pre-ordered and from where? Its been £29.86 on Shopto for a while but seeing as I got Theatrhythm for like ~£22, is there anywhere selling KH 3D for sub £25? Is it likely to drop on Shopto between now and release...? @welsh_gamer, your mission, should you choose to accept it...

So who has KH 3D pre-ordered and from where? Its been £29.86 on Shopto for a while but seeing as I got Theatrhythm for like ~£22, is there anywhere selling KH 3D for sub £25? Is it likely to drop on Shopto between now and release...? @welsh_gamer, your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Play.com and Amazon had it for £24.99 over the the last few months, but raised the price shortly after Heroes of Ruin was released. Did post it several times on the forum, but you must of missed my posts, or weren't paying attention :heh:

amazon here!

Bargain... :indeed:

Play.com and Amazon had it for £24.99 over the the last few months, but raised the price shortly after Heroes of Ruin was released. Did post it several times on the forum, but you must of missed my posts, or weren't paying attention :heh:

So what you're saying is you COULD have saved me a fiver if you'd bothered to tell me. :blank:

On the bright side, I can't remember what Play are like but sure Amazon are rubbish with getting pre-orders out on time, aren't they.

Well if you're a first time buyer from Sainsbury's you can get the game for £26.99 by using the SETENJ12 code @darksnowman.

I'll be sticking with Shopto. I'm hoping I get it on the Wednesday like I did with Final Fantasy.