NEurope
darksnowman

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Bargain... :indeed:

So what you're saying is you COULD have saved me a fiver if you'd bothered to tell me. :blank:

On the bright side, I can't remember what Play are like but sure Amazon are rubbish with getting pre-orders out on time, aren't they.

Amazon normally deliver on the Friday although there has been few times when they have delivered on Saturday with me.

Just had an email from Shopto that my order has been shipped! Here's hoping it arrives tomorrow.

Cutting it a bit close, but I finally played Re:coded. Dream Drop Distance had better be worth thirteen hours of boredom and tedium. :p

I don't know what it is about bad Kingdom Hearts games that makes me want more Kingdom Hearts. The same thing happened with 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep.

I also just realized that the next game after Dream Drop Distance will be bad, since only every second Kingdom Hearts game is good. Let's hope they have another spin-off planned before Kingdom Hearts 3!

Really can't wait for this but have to wait a few weeks until my Olympic job is over, not going to have the time for it :(

Please let me know how awesome it is when you guys get it!

Will be picking this up in the store on Friday. Like everyne else I'm looking forward to this a lot.

The postie was at the door with mine at half eight this morning. Earliest. Delivery. Ever. I was just on my way out though. Time to check out now... first impressions are that I have to cut out the AR Cards? Gimme a break.

Yeah, I just left the cards in the box.

I managed to get a little bit played last night before going to bed. Man, I love the intro to the game. Love the song, always have and then seeing all the main guys from the series charging at the end is just fantastic. I think I will be watching this a few times during the course of my playthrough.

I just played up to the point of where you get your first Dream Eater, like I said I just had a quick go. Creating the Dream Eaters and then training them and looking after them reminds me a little of Nintendogs. You can even play and take photos of them! @RedShell may enjoy this aspect of the game.

I love all the sliding and swinging around the poles you can do while fighting. Everything just seems to flow nicely from one attack to another.

I'm looking forward to putting more time into this. I've booked a day off on Friday so I can just sit and have a good session on the game.

Nice review, although I feel that visuals should have got top marks.

I've cleared the first 3 worlds and i'm halfway through the 4th and i'm loving the game. The drop feature is fantastic as it adds a sense of urgency while playing. It also comes in pretty handy as you can power up your next character if you are struggling. I still haven't dabbled much with the Dream Eaters though. I have just kept the first ones that I got and will probably change them once the are fully powered up.

I struggled a bit with the boss on the Tron world when playing as Riku. It took me about 4 attempts to finally bring the thing down. I really should have levelled up a bit but the drop meter was nearly at the end so I just went for it.

I guess there is like 2 of us playing this on here then?

*goes elsewhere to look for banter*

No, I started on it today.

It's pretty good. Never been found of monster caring systems but I guess this is kinda ok. Only up the second world so far. Is this the first time the Quasimodo storyline has a world?

Erm, yes, but I find that question kind if weird coming from the guy with a Sora avatar. :p

There have been many games over many years :p

But yeah I thought so, wasn't entirely sure.

May as well give a progress update while I'm sitting in the cinema waiting for Batman to start.

I finished 4th world and did the next one after which is just a repeat. The scene after that is awesome. I won't spoil it but I was going nuts over it.

I've started to get used to the Dream Eater system now but I still have no desire to pet them, feed them and generally play around with it. I just get my abilities and toss them aside.

Nice review, although I feel that visuals should have got top marks.

As I said it was lowered a bit due to corners being cut but 4/5 is still good!

I actually decided to just buy this as an impulse purchase tonight at work - last copy on the shelf plus staff discount etc - and I'm really glad that I did. :)

Never played a Kingdom Hearts game before but I have always been intruiged by them so I decided to take the plunge with this latest entry; absolutely loved the intro and the way everything feels so nicely put together within the game universe.

I also don't really feel like I've missed out on much with regards to the story thanks to being given loads of info to read through from the start, it all feels pretty easy to get into as well which is nice.

An hour and a half in and I feel like I'm ready to start enjoying the game as it definitely feels like something special that's worth investing time in, so definitely a worthy purchase. :D

@Ashley when reviewing the game did you finish it? ( a lot of reviewers don't actually play to the end of RPGs due to the length ) I was just wondering how long the game is as I think i'm nearing the end. Also in the review you mention that you visit various Disney worlds such as The Little Mermaid but I that that world isn't represented in this game, is it. I have only 1 world left to unlock which is The World That Never Was and the Little Mermaid hasn't made an appearance.

I finished the Fantasia world before which I adored. Hitting enemies creates music which was hilarious. Later on I heard the classical tune that is on Home Alone as they are running around trying to get ready, it put a smile on my face. It was also nice to hear the classic Kingdom Hearts tune, Dearly Beloved, play at the end of that chapter. :yay:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

started this today. like it so far!

i cant find neku and his game partner though. seems like i have been every district in traverse town but cant find him.

@Ashley when reviewing the game did you finish it? ( a lot of reviewers don't actually play to the end of RPGs due to the length ) I was just wondering how long the game is as I think i'm nearing the end. Also in the review you mention that you visit various Disney worlds such as The Little Mermaid but I that that world isn't represented in this game, is it. I have only 1 world left to unlock which is [redacted] and the Little Mermaid hasn't made an appearance.

Sorry I meant characters from The Little Mermaid, ie Ursula.

I didn't manage to complete it all. Played it for about 25 hours (without actually checking).

You have to go through new areas in this game, so if you are running around in the old ones you are probably in the wrong place.

Finally got around to playing the demo. I liked what I saw, really great visuals, good combat system and the tutorials were pretty short. The game-play itself was smooth as well.