NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

Breezed through the demo real quick just now. :D

I'm totally sold. It was all great, no real need for the circle pad pro I don't think (but I will be getting one anyway.) Controls fit perfectly for me. :)

The enemies genuinely got my heart racing.

I let out a slight saddened sigh when my demo experience ended. Not long too wait though! :grin:

Don't forget that you can change to 'Third person aiming' in Options, if you don't like going into first person when you encounter enemies.

Enjoyed the demo, and I agree that some sound effects sounded poor (its the same in Mercenaries 3D, even with headphones), but everything else was perfect!

The visuals on this are superb. :o

If this is early 3DS development from Capcom, then their future stuff on the system is going to be incredible! :awesome:

I was very interested to see how this game would play with just the standard 3DS control setup, and yep, it plays absolutely fine. icon14.gif As far as I can tell, the main thing the CPP will add is camera control, but that is mapped to the touch screen otherwise, and is completely pointless anyway as the auto camera is spot-on.

Has anyone managed to get through the demo on Hell difficulty? :heh:

I made it to the lift (before you meet up with Parker) but there was a big surprise waiting for me in there, which wasn't present on the Normal setting.

:laughing:

Even the extra machine gun they give you couldn't help me with that!

Classic Resident Evil. :D

Can't wait to get my hands on the full game! :bouncy:

The CPP isn't just for this game btw guys!

And considering those getting it with the game will be getting it for free!

Anyway, yeah I'm gonna resist playing the demo.

Someone could have told me this is the same demo from the Mercenaries games. Downloaded it for nothing.

Someone could have told me this is the same demo from the Mercenaries games. Downloaded it for nothing.

It's not the same demo, the one that came with Mercs3D was about 1-2 minutes long and I think you only faced 3 of the same monsters. however the demo from the eshop is 5mins+ and has you play from the start of the game.

Then where have I played this demo before?

I knew when everything was going to happen...

Damnit, with all the praise this game is getting, combined with my love for Resident Evil, makes we want to buy this game quicker now.

I totally love the fact that it'll be more horrorish instead of actionish.

perhaps you watched the the video for this many times that it's been chiseled into your memory.

I think I'm going to leave off the demo for now as I think it may just increase my impatience levels even more haha. Which is not good!

Am glad to hear everyone seems to be loving it though! Roll on next Friday! :bouncy:

After seeing Resi 6... oh how I will treasure Revelations! *providing it's as good as it sounds :p*

Here's hoping the series carries on this way on the 3DS, and we get a sequel staring Leon and Claire.

What incredible irony that the Revelations demo should come out today, the day that Call of Evil Gears 6 should be announced.

The Revelations demo is sublime. Atmosphere, controls gameplay all seem to be spot on. My only real concern is that the gameplay structure seems to be very linear. I do hope that the demo isn't representative of the final game in that respect and that we get some more of the non linearity that you got in classic RE (and even in RE4 to a lesser extent!)

I love how Hell mode isn't just a difficulty bump. It's actually an arranged mode that changes up item positions, enemy encounters and even adds additional weapons! :D

Such a shame that the series won't be following on from this game :( I guess this will be the last RE game I will probably play.

I just played the demo there now and.. I'm still not entirely sold on the game :eek: I can definitely feel that classic Resident Evil style mixed with elements from the latest games in the series but I'm definitely not feeling the enemy design :hmm:

I'm sure I'll get it in a few months but the demo only confirms my desire to wait for it to drop in price :heh:

My only real concern is that the gameplay structure seems to be very linear. I do hope that the demo isn't representative of the final game in that respect and that we get some more of the non linearity that you got in classic RE (and even in RE4 to a lesser extent!)

I think it was Official Nintendo Magazine that said there's plenty of reasons to go back and explore visited areas of the ship to unlock previously locked doors... Did you notice all the ones that were locked in the demo which we didn't get to open?

Enjoyed the demo, better than the Mercenaries one. Played using headphones and was really freaked out by the music/sounds :laughing: Controls fine without the CPP as well.

I agree the monster design is still terrible, but they don't seem as bullet spongy as the previous demo which is good.

I laughed at Jill's line "Something isn't right", because the monsters and dead people weren't a big giveaway.

Argh, I really want to get this but my common sence is telling me to wait... (still playing through Skyrim (Mario 3D Land). :hmm

Without Spoiling anything on me can anyone (or everyone) whose played the demo tell me roughly what part of the game you think it entails?

Like does it show the start of the game... something from the middle, or is it just a random "level" they threw together for the demo that won't actually be in the final game? Does it reveal anything about the story?

Tempted to d/l the demo but with the game out in a few weeks anyway and since I already ordered it I don't want to spoil anything

Without Spoiling anything on me can anyone (or everyone) whose played the demo tell me roughly what part of the game you think it entails?

Like does it show the start of the game... something from the middle, or is it just a random "level" they threw together for the demo that won't actually be in the final game? Does it reveal anything about the story?

Tempted to d/l the demo but with the game out in a few weeks anyway and since I already ordered it I don't want to spoil anything

It shows absolutely nothing of the story. Even less than RE4's demo.

It's the same demo as what they showed at E3 2011, only greatly polished up (I assume it's near the start of the game)

*feels stupid*

How does one acquire Hell mode?

Beat the demo in normal mode and when you start a new game you can pick hell mode.

It's definitely near the beginning of the game, I think you should just wait to get the full game and play that.

Played the demo, It was really exciting! the controls are ace as it is, the dodging worked pretty nice. at first it happened randomly, but I soon after figured it out. but I will say this... the knife is WEAK! i mean really weak! in RE4 & 5 the knife was my most used weapon mainly because I wanted to preserve my ammunition for bosses (I still end up knifing a boss :p) i'll there were a few decent surprises and the theme during and after defeating those enemies made it feel like there was more coming!