NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

An in-engine cutscene can look better than in-game cutscenes. Look at FFXII, there are 3 types of graphics you'll see, CG which looks great, in-engine cutscenes which look nice, and gameplay which is lower than the rest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't ever recall Capcom showing images that didn't represent the final game graphically.

'Looks like the boat won't last long in the final game this might be lava seeing as Chris' tumour filled skin can stand the heat.'

:laughing:

Looks pretty decent. Not bad for a handheld system, but if that's for the PSP it has lots of room for improvement. I actually found some of the points highlighted in that video above kinda interesting, some humorous, and some i dunno...

From the 3DS Games Footage:

Please can you spoiler-tag or link to gif images like that?

www.relyonhorror.com - Pure Horror Game

A lot of Resident Evil fans are going to be overjoyed to hear this. During the Nintendo Conference not too long ago a Capcom representative talked about both Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. To quote an English translation of his words on Revelations provided by GameTrailers:

“Resident Evil Revelations is a pure horror game. The fight against terror that is approaching you is a theme this time. Being able to experience it in 3D must be a great joy for the players. Right now all the members in the development team are making it so that in the end, it may even make players too scared to continue forward.”

They mention this is in contrast to Mercenaries, which is more a survival or action game where you aim to defeat millions of opponents and survive. This is the second time in the series where Capcom has released two alike but differently styled Resident Evil games for opposite sides of the fan base (first being the Resident Evil 5 Downloadable Content, Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape). It seems Capcom is marketing on both fan bases of Resident Evil, those that love horror and those that love action, and trying to settle both with duel releasing titles to appeal to both audiences. In other words, releasing two titles, one game which can be dubbed, “survival-horror,” and another which can be dubbed, “survival-action.” It’s an interesting market decision which may have a positive reaction from the Resident Evil fan base which have been split ever since the series new direction in Resident Evil 4 (though those looking for fixed camera angles and pre-rendered backgrounds may still be dissapointed). The gameplay footage we’ve seen in Revelations does show positive signs of being pure horror, having a stronger and freakier foe which appears capable of chasing you around an area of the ship, as opposed to hundreds of humans with parasites swarming you and you packing heat to take them all out.

Still it is nice to know Capcom is focusing on a game purely based on horror as opposed to an action game, while still keeping the action games in development for the audiences who seek it. This also makes it more interesting to see the direction they’ll go with in Resident Evil 6. We’ll keep you updated on these upcoming Resident Evil games as news pops up.

69628332.jpg

Slide Pad = Walk

Slide Pad + B = Run

R = Aim

R + Y = Fire

Ooooooooooh... Resi is going back to it's origins!!! :yay:

Hope they manage to deliver on that statement!

That's quite nice strategy, using Mercenaries as a title to satisfy the action fans... meanwhile developing a true Resi for the series fans.

New information :

- Resident Evil 4/5 camera style

- locations like a dark haunted house-like cruise ship

- camera style changes to a first person view when you aim

- players can move and shoot while aiming in this mode

- very story-heavy

- witness a friendship-turning sour between Chris and Jill

- weather plays a part in the game

- the cruise ship they are on is doomed and as the game progresses, parts of the ship get flooded and torn

- this damage may happen to the ship in real-time instead of scripted events

- the more time to take, the worse the ship could get

ONM scans:

x51e0m.jpg

2a7sbp2.jpg

Seriously excited about this!! And it all sounds absolutely brilliant!!

The only negative for me is I'm not really a fan of Chris and Jill, but hey, I'll look past that!

And I'm really pleased it's being treated as a proper entry in the series after we missed out on 5 (which frankly wasn't a particularly bad thing in the end!), if it's anywhere near as good as the last non-numbered true entry in the series, Code Veronica, this will be great!!

So glad they're returning to the roots of the series here. I was worried that with 5, they were ignoring everything it stood for in place of action.

I get the feeling this game will scare the shit outta you too haha

Here's a few details from Famitsu.

- 20% Complete

- Takes place on a ship near Europe

- Between RE4 and RE5

- Other BSAA members appear

- Direction will be different from RE4/RE5 (more horror elements)

I'm happy that they are going back to the horror route. As much as I love 4 & 5 I still prefer the slower more puzzled based gameplay from the earlier games.

Between RE4 and RE5

A bit bummed about this. I'd rather see evidence the story was moving on from its ass-raping in 5 and back into a better format.

Putting it before 5 limits the scope for many important plot twists and relegates it to "side story" status which is a shame.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for this game as an awesome technological accomplishment and hopefully the best handheld RE game ever by a long shot. The period between 4 and 5 in the timeline though, especially in relation to Chris and Jill, is the most uninteresting time period for me.

I hate what Capcom have done to Chris and Claire for RE5 and how it's carrying over into this. Jills outfit is utter bollocks, Chris looks like a moron, and who the fuck cares about the BSAA?!

Dammit, why did RE5 have to happen (the way it did)! Fuck you Capcom for fucking up Resi!! FUCK, YOU!! I want to take down Umbrella dammit and I never got my chance!!! All the series characters meeting up to kick some ass!

Edited by Retro_Link

You mean Jill, right?
Indeed!

Claire, based on the little we've been allowed to see of her lately (she seems to be a DVD extra nowadays), thankfully, still looks decent.

Dammit, why did RE5 have to happen (the way it did)! Fuck you Capcom for fucking up Resi!! FUCK, YOU!! I want to take down Umbrella dammit and I never got my chance!!! All the series characters meeting up to kick some ass!

To be fair it was Resident Evil 4 that knacked up the Umbrella storyline. I mean all we got was a little dialogue at the start of 4 stating that Umbrella went bankrupt! :wtf:

Like you I wanted a big reunion game where you got a choice of 2 people from the main characters in the series. Each would have a different skill or ability which would give them access to different things in the games setting. After you could finish the game you could then use different characters to get through the game a different way, kinda like R Evil 2's A and B scenarios, a replay value feature that really needs to come back.

A bit bummed about this. I'd rather see evidence the story was moving on from its ass-raping in 5 and back into a better format.

Putting it before 5 limits the scope for many important plot twists and relegates it to "side story" status which is a shame.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for this game as an awesome technological accomplishment and hopefully the best handheld RE game ever by a long shot. The period between 4 and 5 in the timeline though, especially in relation to Chris and Jill, is the most uninteresting time period for me.

It's good news for me, for I'm a massive Wesker fan:awesome:

and this means that he's at least still alive.

Though we all know, hehe, he never really died in that volcano.....