NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Journey

I really need to play this this weekend. Just wanna play it in one sitting when I know I won't be distrubed.

Completed this the other day. Lovely game - but I had to turn the online off.

Its so weird how so many of say that...the wonder that people in spoiler free reviews have said they experienced when meeting others is like the complete opposite.

I was exploring, they were completing the game. Which meant that some of the stuff had already been done.

Yeah, same. Luckily we went our Separate Ways pretty quickly and someone else more n00bish arrived. Don't stop believing.

Still, you can play Journey Any Way You Want It by switching the online off or on.

Get what I'm sayin'?

Just completed this.

Genuinely think it's the best experience I've had from this generation of consoles, alongside the first half of Bioshock and Braid. I shed a tear (or 3) when I completed it, just beautiful. Music was stunning too.

I actually loved playing it with others online too. There were a couple of times (including the end of the snow part) where I was alongside another character and it just made the whole experience greater, especially as you can only communicate with a sound.

Epic.

Anyone who claims videogames are not art definitely hasn't played this game.

What an experience.

Yesterday I finished 2 games at a friend's on his PS3: Journey and Limbo.

With this being the Journey thread, let me say this:

Wow.

. . . . . .

Journey_5.jpg

I mean, ....just look at that.

Even though it was indeed short, the whole game is one moment, one experience which I'll never forget.

I was ecstatic.

I literally played the entire game with my mouth open.

I now know that I regularly need to head over to that friend and play more 'indie' goodness.

I cannot believe I haven't bought this yet. I have £60 of psn vouchers winging there way over to me, first purchase!!!

So yeah. Played it through tonight, waited til I set up my new sound system so I could have an aurgasm!

Yeah the game is incredible like everyone says. Other than trophies and just for the joy of its amazingness, is there any reason to play through I it again? Anything different?

Necro'd, the PS4 version came out the other day and since it's free if you already bought it on PS3, I figured would be as good a time as any to give it a go and it is quite the experience. I wasn't sure early on but it grew on me as I progressed further and I got a random travelling companions, the visuals were just "WOW!". Will I play it again? Who knows.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Didn't realise this was out for PS4 so early, but downloaded it last night and went through it this morning. Although when I originally played it on PS3 I wasn't a fan of the 'multiplayer' aspect, because you either feel pressured to continue instead of exploring because they're waiting, or you/they start progressing, activating things which I feels cheapens the experience of the other player. Especially if it's your first time.

This time I had the company of one fellow and we went through it all together, based on their behaviour it looked like they had played before. Following what I was doing with some sense of understanding of experience.

Here is one of our final moments.

CKsCAorWgAAIl05.jpg:large

Didn't realise this was out for PS4 so early, but downloaded it last night and went through it this morning. Although when I originally played it on PS3 I wasn't a fan of the 'multiplayer' aspect, because you either feel pressured to continue instead of exploring because they're waiting, or you/they start progressing, activating things which I feels cheapens the experience of the other player. Especially if it's your first time.

This time I had the company of one fellow and we went through it all together, based on their behaviour it looked like they had played before. Following what I was doing with some sense of understanding of experience.

Here is one of our final moments.

CKsCAorWgAAIl05.jpg:large

Kinda sad, isn't it? You went through that together but will never know who that person was or have the chance to befriend or play a different game with them afterwards.

Kinda sad, isn't it? You went through that together but will never know who that person was or have the chance to befriend or play a different game with them afterwards.

It tells you at the end the names of the people you played with.

So I played this today for the first time ever. I didn't know too much about it, and I have to say that after playing it I still barely have a clue about what was going on. :P

But I absolutely loved every second of the game! It is so very beautiful and the soundtrack was amazing, I could listen to that again. :)

I enjoyed playing this with others, it really adds a nice layer to the game, waiting for each other, pointing out where they can find upgrades etc. I thought I played most of the game with one companion, but during the credits I found out I actually played with 7 different people haha.

It was fun though, some of them went along with me randomly pressing the "interact" button, kind of creating our own song. :)

Lovely game and I will most likely play it again at some point. Especially as I only got 2 of the trophies so far!

So pretty!

Journey_20150724160228_zpspuqrqbbq.jpg

Journey_20150724162129_zpsa52qghhe.jpg

It tells you at the end the names of the people you played with.

Oh does it? Don't remember that on PS3. I think it'd be better if it didn't actually.

Oh does it? Don't remember that on PS3. I think it'd be better if it didn't actually.

It did, I had a fair few names on my first go because I kept stopping and coming back to it.

This time, only one name.

Wasn't going to buy it again because of the price tag, but since it's free if for PS3 owners I will definitivily play it again. Maybe go for 100% this time, but I think I need help with that, some co op trophy I think. Is there any difference between this and the PS3 version btw or is it just to attract new buyers?

When I played this game about a year ago I had no idea what to expect. I spent nearly the whole game with this other guy... but I thought it was AI..! I had no idea it was an actual person. When the credits rolled and I saw that I had gone up that snowy drift with an actual other person.. I was stunned.

Such a beautiful game.

Played this for the first time a couple of nights ago, wonderful. Loved every second of it.

I turned PSN off just before starting though, wanted to go solo and to be honest I'm very glad I did. Tried playing online last night and found the other players just too distracting to enjoy, they'd rush through or stand still for ages, probably hunting trophies.

Anyway, glorious game. Glad to have finally played it. I'm hoping Abzu will be a similar experience, it's out in a couple of weeks.

It's funny that people turn the online off on this. I guess this is people who've read up too much before they play? For me I had the same experience as jayseven above, I didn't even know the other people were real players.

I didn't read too much before playing, all I read was a suggestion from Kotaku to turn online off when you first play the game, and I'm very glad I did. You probably played it with similar first-time players back when it was released. I'm playing it four years after release, the 4 guys I had last night would have ruined a first-time experience.

I didn't read too much before playing, all I read was a suggestion from Kotaku to turn online off when you first play the game, and I'm very glad I did. You probably played it with similar first-time players back when it was released. I'm playing it four years after release, the 4 guys I had last night would have ruined a first-time experience.

It seems like a really weird suggestion from Kotaku to turn online off for this, meeting other people is what makes this game great I think. @Fierce_LiNk and I both played the remake as our first experience of the game, and we both really enjoyed it. :)

While playing the game, I thought I spent most of it with 1 person, but it turned out at the end that I had actually been with quite a few, just didn't notice them changing/disappearing. :P

I loved interacting with the players, just flying around, calling each other over, pointing towards secrets etc.

I had an amazing time with this game, played it twice and would happily play it again. It's just a great experience, looks beautiful and has a wonderful soundtrack (which we still listen to regularly).

I first played it with a random stranger. Was great when they walked into view and I was like, "Oh my! It's another person."

We didn't finish the adventure together but it was great whilst it lasted.

Sign in to follow this