NEurope
Retro_Link

PilotWings Resort

Yeah I wouldn't expect Wuhu to be reinvented. Maybe some minor tweaks and additions here and there (underground ruins area could be more excavated or something) but definitely nothing major.

It would be nice to have a few more areas available in Pilotwings Resort, but I'd probably rather see Wuhu Island go through different seasons to see what sort of things go on in Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter :smile:

I hadn't thought of different seasons but it seems like a no brainer now you mention it. Playing at different times of day plus seasons would add some nice variation.

Yeah I wouldn't expect Wuhu to be reinvented. Maybe some minor tweaks and additions here and there (underground ruins area could be more excavated or something) but definitely nothing major.

I hadn't thought of different seasons but it seems like a no brainer now you mention it. Playing at different times of day plus seasons would add some nice variation.

More likely to be huge variations in weather surely?

I don't think that I will be getting this unless I can somehow demo it and it turns out to really change my mind. I got bored of the N64 one quite quickly and personally I think that this is a hardware demo kind of game for the 3DS. Not saying that it'll be a bad game but just not for me.

More likely to be huge variations in weather surely?

With a winter they could have some Christmas trees and lights up round the island. :santa: Autumn would bring some nice colours, spring and summer I'm not so sure about. Varying weather is surely a given with different tasks...? We'll find out in time how the game is set up. I'm sure it'll be full of nice touches.

I always wanted an expanded (bigger) WuHu island for the Wii 2 (inbuilt) that acts as a hub for online interaction. Where you could join groups and engage in games, scavenger quests etc. It would use connect24 to update with new games/missions/quests etc. Would change with the seasons and offer different activities each day. It sounds alot more exciting than I'm describing.

With a winter they could have some Christmas trees and lights up round the island. :santa:

Brilliant ideas.

I've ordered a 3DS and, if I secure one, this is the game I'll buy. Flying is one of the things I'd really like to experience in 3D and I can imagine myself chilling in bed with this more than the other launch games.

Pre-ordered my copy of this today at Game for £3.00 deposit, apparently they should have a demo unit in about a week or so, I may have to pop in there and try the machine out before launch. :)

I have to say I was left massively underwhelmed by this when I played it on Saturday. Admittedly I didn't have long but it just seemed like a bit of a nothing game - kinda like you're gonna be charged full price for what should be a mini game/sub section of some other title.

Especially if it turns out that Wuhu Island is the only location and is identical to Wii Sports Resort. Would consider picking it up on the cheap (e.g. £10) but there is no chance I'll pick it up at launch.

I really hope this is AT LEAST as full featured as Pilotwings 64, if Nintendo release this with virtually no content... fuck me. They say they give the fans what they want but then dilute it! Looking scary but let's all be positive!

I really hope this is AT LEAST as full featured as Pilotwings 64, if Nintendo release this with virtually no content... fuck me. They say they give the fans what they want but then dilute it! Looking scary but let's all be positive!
I think everytime I've heard Reggie saying "We're bringing Pilotwings back/Giving the fans what they want" I've always thought "course you are Reggie... course you are."

I think everytime I've heard Reggie saying "We're bringing Pilotwings back/Giving the fans what they want" I've always thought "course you are Reggie... course you are."
That's when you need Geoff Keighley to jump in and go all Paxman on him. :laughing:

I'm now having doubts if I should get this at launch or not. :hmm:

Might pick this up a little later on instead and stick with Street Fighter/nintendogs + cats at first.

Same here RedShell. Really hoping the whole thing is left to be uncovered but getting worried, not bothered about launch as there is more than enough for me to be busy with; but I just want a Pilotwings game that is is worthy of the franchise. A fleshed our Wii Sports Resort mode and calling it Piltowings will not make anybody happy!

Played this yesterday and its fantastic, looks as good as a wii game and the 3d effect is nice. Most importantly it controls like a dream with the new slider control, Definate day 1 purchase

After hearing comments like this though from people who have actually played the game, I'm still inclined to believe that it will be a decent title that's well worthy of the name; of course it won't be the same as the previous two titles, heck even the SNES and N64 versions of Pilotwings are actually drastically different in their own ways plus it has been quite a while since the N64 version so I'm not expecting it to be the same, I reckon it will deliver but in a different way.

When it comes down to it though I still prefer the SNES original and I don't think Pilotwings Resort will change this but I do think it will be a worthwhile addition to the franchise rather than a rush-job with assets ripped straight from a 'larger' game.

Indeed the flying in Wii Sports Resort almost acted as a test-ground for Pilotwings Resort because many people said that they enjoyed the aerial element of the game - myself included - and now here we have a presumably much deeper game based purely around flying and even if it only turns out to be only have as good as the first Pilotwings game then I can see this taking off rather well as opposed to just crashing and burning.

I'm going to wait and see the reviews before getting this (just like the rest of the 3DS launch line-up). If they only have Wuhu Island and very little content I'll pass. Shame as I was really looking forward to a new Pilotwings :(

Still no sign on any stuff. Very worrying. Surely Nintendo wouldn't fuck it up and give us a stripped down version!

I actually think it looks great :hehe:

It wouldn't be like Nintendo to show everything from a game before it launches so I'm sure there will be a few nice surprises, but just how many remains to be seen..

If I was to get a 3DS at launch, this would definitely be the game for me to purchase alongside it.. possibly in addition to Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition :smile:

Reviews should start appearing soon enough so hopefully they'll tell us how much content there is the game. The trailer looked good though, even if it wasn't anything new.

It'd be a great chance to learn all about WuHu Island again, but what I really want to know is if this game supports any online functionalities?

It'd be a great chance to learn all about WuHu Island again, but what I really want to know is if this game supports any online functionalities?

No.

Well, I don't know but Nintendo would have bragged about it. At the most expect online leaderboards.

I actually think it looks great :hehe:

It wouldn't be like Nintendo to show everything from a game before it launches so I'm sure there will be a few nice surprises, but just how many remains to be seen..

If I was to get a 3DS at launch, this would definitely be the game for me to purchase alongside it.. possibly in addition to Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition :smile:

I agree completely, it looks amazing. And I'm definitely getting it. Just worried there won't be too much to it, and not a typical pilotwings game... I want insane secrets, mechas and gyrocoptors :)

I agree completely, it looks amazing. And I'm definitely getting it. Just worried there won't be too much to it, and not a typical pilotwings game... I want insane secrets, mechas and gyrocoptors :)

It's hard for me to believe that I only said that about an hour ago and I'm now sitting here with a 3DS ordered.. but no game as yet :eek:

I'll wait for a few reviews to appear before I decide what game to go for as I can only see myself investing in one at launch.. and it'll have to do me a while :heh:

It's hard for me to believe that I only said that about an hour ago and I'm now sitting here with a 3DS ordered.. but no game as yet :eek:

I'll wait for a few reviews to appear before I decide what game to go for as I can only see myself investing in one at launch.. and it'll have to do me a while :heh:

Haha, succumbed. I haven't ordered any games yet. This, Street Fighter and Nintendogs will probably be the ones I get though!

Its Street Fighter and this for me. Everything is pre-ordered (including two 3DSs - I am undecided on Black or Aqua...), just need a carry bag and screen protectors - and a WiFi hotspot for play at work!

This is by far my number 1 launch game. I don't even care how much there is to do in the game, the best part of the previous ones has been random exploration and I don't see this one being much different.