NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Well yeah, but that's Nintendo of America. They had tech issues too and was first come first served.

Anyone know how the hell to get the scraecrow song to work?

As a kid I talk to Bonooru ( bottom one ) and he says he can remember any song. I play one for him and he says thats not the right one or something like that.

As an adult I go back and play the same song and nothing happens. He doesn't even acknowledge that I have my ocarina.

Has to be 8 notes long, if that makes any difference?

Never has a game, especially one I've already played, made me so seriously consider dropping £200 just to play it.

I did just that yesterday Shorty! At least I have one ready for Mario and Luigi's Mansion now though!

My one tiny gripe about this game which wasn't really a problem in the original is the fact that if you save and restart, unless you're in a dungeon, you start back at Kokiri Forest. This wasn't a problem in the N64 one as I spent hours at a time on this game, but considering handheld gaming tends to be a bit more bite sized, it's a little irksome to have to make your way to Goron Village everytime you restart.

Only a minor complaint that I feel should have been addressed in what is otherwise a stellar conversion :D

Anyone know how the hell to get the scraecrow song to work?

As a kid I talk to Bonooru ( bottom one ) and he says he can remember any song. I play one for him and he says thats not the right one or something like that.

As an adult I go back and play the same song and nothing happens. He doesn't even acknowledge that I have my ocarina.

I just made mine; "X A X A X A X A"

Well yes but you can't get the second until later right?

You can get two right away...

One from the grave digging tour and one in a grave - kill the undead.

I guess there is actually a third in the graveyard, but that one can't be got until you're an adult.

Has to be 8 notes long, if that makes any difference?

Never has a game, especially one I've already played, made me so seriously consider dropping £200 just to play it.

I just made mine; "X A X A X A X A"

For some reason it just wouldn't work yesterday yet I fired it up this morning and it worked fine. Weird.

I mopped up all of the gold skulls and heart pieces this morning. I can go to Ganons castle but i'm waiting til i've got the last bottle ( stupid poes ) and ice arrows. After that i'm all set for the final battle.

*Just realised that's only for USA and Canada... it's promising though, surely NoE will follow suit?

That is a very optimistic view, do i need to post that monkey picture again?

Question.

Those who pre-ordered from GAME and then ended up buying from somewhere else as it didn't arrive on time...

Has it actually turned up yet?

I have had my post today and still nothing. LAME just saying that its Royal Mail's fault. :mad:

I have had my post today and still nothing. LAME just saying that its Royal Mail's fault. :mad:

That's absolutely abysmal... Game still haven't managed to get people their copies yet? If mine didn't hadn't turned up on release I would have just bought a copy from the shops and then sent back or sold the copy when it eventually arrived, assuming that it does because that's really not on... :sad:

Also I'll keep saying this... ShopTo.net are the only site I trust to get games to me on or before release day, anyone who has been stung by Game or even Play with either this game or others should really consider ordering from there instead. ::shrug:

-------------------------------------

Just beaten the Water Temple and am planning on having the main quest complete by the end of today... possibly, for now though gonna take a quick break but I am absolutely loving this game all over again! :D

I made my Scarecrow Song LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But with only seven A's.

My one tiny gripe about this game which wasn't really a problem in the original is the fact that if you save and restart, unless you're in a dungeon, you start back at Kokiri Forest. This wasn't a problem in the N64 one as I spent hours at a time on this game, but considering handheld gaming tends to be a bit more bite sized, it's a little irksome to have to make your way to Goron Village everytime you restart.

There's a shrotcut to Goron Village via Lost Woods, as is one to the fountain outside Zora's Domain.

A friend of mine got his pre-order bonus from GAME today. Waiting for my post

There's a shrotcut to Goron Village via Lost Woods, as is one to the fountain outside Zora's Domain.

Plus it's not really that much of a problem getting to any of the adult dungeons being that before you start it you're taught a song that will warp you that that dungeon entrance.

That's absolutely abysmal... Game still haven't managed to get people their copies yet? If mine didn't hadn't turned up on release I would have just bought a copy from the shops and then sent back or sold the copy when it eventually arrived, assuming that it does because that's really not on... :sad:

Also I'll keep saying this... ShopTo.net are the only site I trust to get games to me on or before release day, anyone who has been stung by Game or even Play with either this game or others should really consider ordering from there instead. ::shrug:

Yeah, I know.

I always buy games and pre-order form SHOPTO. But I am currently building a healthy amount of reward points with LAME so went with them on this occasion. Gold box looked decent too and i've pre-ordered from LAME once before and got the game day before so didn't expect this.

Never ever again.

And I have received nothing - no game and no pre-order bonuses.

Also, Mike1988uk (who lives round the corner from me) has also not received his yet - though he may have had his today as his post hasn't arrived yet.

We are both so so annoyed about it.

That is diabolical that you haven't received it yet, game really need to sort there act out! thats not a royal mail problem if its taken that long for multiple people, thats them delaying a shipment

That is diabolical that you haven't received it yet, game really need to sort there act out! thats not a royal mail problem if its taken that long for multiple people, thats them delaying a shipment

Yeah we have said this. But then at the same time it could possibly be a Royal Mail thing as we live so close so maybe its our area? Who knows.

Either way we're both :wtf::sad:

So this has entered the chart at no.2 on the all formats so that's not too bad really.

But according to Eurogamer, it sold almost as much in that one weekend as the biggest selling 3DS title has sold in its entirety - that game being Pilotwings - which is both a testament to this game and at the same time showing up the lackluster sales of other titles that it can match 12 weeks worth of sales in a weekend.

I wonder how much it affected hardware sales...

Plus it's not really that much of a problem getting to any of the adult dungeons being that before you start it you're taught a song that will warp you that that dungeon entrance.

But to be fair, the fire temple is the least greatest place to warp to as a child.

That's true... and in that case it's just as well that you only have to go there once within that time period, if I remember correctly.

That's true... and in that case it's just as well that you only have to go there once within that time period, if I remember correctly.

Plant the seeds, dump the bugs and get the hell out of there. Although technically you have to go in that area twice as there is a gold skull at the top of Death Mountain just inside main entrance in a box. You can also nab the heart piece if you're quick enough.

Why have you waited this long and not went out to buy a copy?

Well for me personally, I scrimped and saved £30 so I could afford it, and now I've paid for it I have zero money left until I get paid on Thursday.

And Mike has said it is a bit of a pain in the arse having to send it back etc which I kind of agree with. And we really didn't expect it to not show up for this long.

I'd love to just go and buy it, but the reason I went with GAME was for pre-order bonuses (I know they're not even that good) so was holding out for them.

My Zelda games come today but I am sending one back because I allredey got one I got it from Game the Shop one on Saturday.

GAME are usually really good. But if you absolutely must have it on or before release date, order in plenty of time and from ShopTo. They have a release date guarantee, and will compensate you £3 if they don't get it to you on the day.