NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Oh man I love the whole Zelda Escape/Temple of Time/Master Sword/Growing Up/Sheik scene!!

Might even copy my game file across from before this, so I can replay it!

I've only just entered Jabu Jabus Belly. Decided to save it there and continue tomorrow.

Still wasting time just running around haha, looking for heart pieces, gold skulltulas and planting magic beans for later :D

One thing though slightly annoying me, but the soft soil next to the bean guy, is that like the only soil you don't get a Skulltula from? Or are bugs just refusing to go inside?

Also trying to do the Masks side quest, got the bunny ears left but can't find the guy in the field... does he only appear after a certain point (obviously I can't remember) or is he just constantly out running me :heh:

He runs round randomly :/

Just raped the Water Temple, SO SO good. They've made it a lot easier by highlighting which rooms lead to ones where you can change the water levels and the 'mini-boss' was brilliant as ever. Gonna do some side quests now (namely the Biggoron Sword and then Lens of Truth).

I've only just entered Jabu Jabus Belly. Decided to save it there and continue tomorrow.

Still wasting time just running around haha, looking for heart pieces, gold skulltulas and planting magic beans for later :D

One thing though slightly annoying me, but the soft soil next to the bean guy, is that like the only soil you don't get a Skulltula from? Or are bugs just refusing to go inside?

Also trying to do the Masks side quest, got the bunny ears left but can't find the guy in the field... does he only appear after a certain point (obviously I can't remember) or is he just constantly out running me :heh:

Yeah I found that with the bugs today... must just be like that.

I happened to see the running man whilst legging it across the field just a while ago before going back to the Castle. It was at night and he was running then sat down near the back of Lon Lon Ranch, so I went over to him and said Hi, hows it going, haven't seen you for many a year... you look good in 3D! :p

I've done the first two masks, and I know he wants the 4th, but I can't remember who wants the third! It's really bugging me! Don't tell me though. :p

Put me down as another who keeps switching between 2D and 3D. Visually and frame rate wise, 2D wins hands down but the 3D effect is cool every so often

Put me down as a...

3DMaxedOutAllTheTimeBecauseItLooksSOGorgeousILoveItEspeciallyInCutscenesFTW! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Put me down for I bought a 3DS not a 2DS. :heh:

FULL 3D ALL THE WAY EVEN IF IT MAKES MY EYES BLEED.

Everything looks so lovely. :grin:

Had this in nothing but 3D so far. Looks <3333 I think i've near enough had a straight 10 hour session in this. Can't be terribly far off it and only done the Forest and Fire temple. Side questing ftw!!

When does everyone actually go to Lake Hylia? I'm never quite sure when you're supposed to go. As yet I've only dived through the gateway in Zora's Domain, grabbed the bottle and left... but I feel that's a really wierd introduction to such an awesome place... you don't even get a cutscene of the lake doing it that way.

Do people visit before hand? Will you visit again after Zora's Domain... or carry on as normal and come back at a later stage?

I've just gone to Lake Hylia and Gerudo Valley (music is still awesome :heh:) in between the second and third dungeon. There's a few golden skultulas and heart pieces you can get (although I'll have to go back to both after the third as I need the boomerang for a couple :rolleyes: ) and of course play a song for the scarecrow! The fishing is still awesome, caught my ten pounder, really easy if you stand on the log in the middle!

I've just gone to Lake Hylia and Gerudo Valley (music is still awesome :heh:) in between the second and third dungeon. There's a few golden skultulas and heart pieces you can get (although I'll have to go back to both after the third as I need the boomerang for a couple :rolleyes: ) and of course play a song for the scarecrow! The fishing is still awesome, caught my ten pounder, really easy if you stand on the log in the middle!
Oh Yes! I've just been trying to find the Gerudo Valley remix on youtube that I loved from way back in the day, but I can't find the same one. :hmm:

Haha, yeah I had that with the one behind the wall in the Deku Tree, and one in Lon Lon Ranch.

This is brilliant, still loving it despite having completed it so many times.

Really hoping they do this treatment to MM, I think it's by far the better game.

This game is great I am up to Zora's Domain with 3D on all the time.

When does everyone actually go to Lake Hylia? I'm never quite sure when you're supposed to go. As yet I've only dived through the gateway in Zora's Domain, grabbed the bottle and left... but I feel that's a really wierd introduction to such an awesome place... you don't even get a cutscene of the lake doing it that way.

Do people visit before hand? Will you visit again after Zora's Domain... or carry on as normal and come back at a later stage?

The first time I entered it, it was by Zora's Domain, the first I entered to get the intro scene was as an adult to get the eyedrops.

Thanks guys. There is no detective mode on this game. :P

Because this game wasn't meant for pussies. I hope you kept the receipt.

Spent some time on what I remembered to be a colossal fetch quest: The one for the Biggoron Sword. It's a lot shorter than I remember.

I know what you mean, I think I must've been confusing it with the trade off for that other sword in Majora's Mask.

Just raped the Water Temple, SO SO good. They've made it a lot easier by highlighting which rooms lead to ones where you can change the water levels and the 'mini-boss' was brilliant as ever. Gonna do some side quests now (namely the Biggoron Sword and then Lens of Truth).

I think they made Dark Link easier this time round. Either that or I had more magic.

People keep saying use the Megaton Hammer, it just doesn't work for me. It's so slow he keeps jumping, and whenever I can land a hit he has his shield. So I return to my original strategy all those years ago. Fisting him with ten tonnes of Din's Fire until I can Din his ass no more. Then one final Biggoron strike and he's done.

Even though you're meant to go to the Shadow Temple next, I've gone to get the Requiem of Spirit first. Get the gauntlets now!

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Ack, just realised I can't try register the game again to see if the CD thing works, thought when I closed the window yesterday I didn't complete the registration... so IF they got more CDs how are those of us with the game registered but no CD meant to get one?

Oh forgot to mention yesterday when I was in the Lake looking for the bottle I spent some time at the Fishing Pond.... my god they renovated the look of that place so well, it looks LOVELY :D

I think I must've been one of the only people who was never that bothered about the fishing...

I beat the water temple before going to bed last night. It's amazing how much of a difference a few new touches make. The ability to switch your boots with a simple press on the touch screen is fantastic. The inclusion of lights to lead you to the switches is a welcome addition but I never had a problem with the water temple anyway.

After the temple I got the fire arrows straight away and was about to do some fishing to get the gold scale but it was half 1 in the morning and my eyes were very heavy. :D

Think I'm enjoying this more than I did on the N64!

The graphics are stunning (reminds me of that Gamecube early tech demo) and the game is still leagues ahead of 90% of titles.

The added nostalgia and dedication to the source material shines through as well so it's a potent mix of awesome.

A complete system seller. I'm really now looking forward to Starfox if it's as well made as this. Props to Grezzo - give them a slew of remakes to do!

Edited by tapedeck

Part 2 of Iwata Asks

- the pond owner character was redone 3 different times before the version we see in the game

- characters were designed to make sure players would remember the shape first and face second, since a familiar race shape would be easy to pick out

- Aonuma was quite shocked with the Great Fairy design when he first saw it

- the Great Fairies were designed to surprise people instead of giving them what they would expect from a fairy

- boss/enemy design starts with enemy specs from Aonuma-san and then the designs and functions are considered fromthere. Then, once the specs have come together, it is moved over to Morita-san at SRD to do the animation

- Aonuma used to do enemy design sketches himself, but when Takizawa-san saw a sketch he had drawn, he said "Aonuma-san, could you please stop drawing your own sketches?"

- Iwata says that the way a StarFox Arwing moves as it flies is exactly the same programming as Volvagia's movements

- the idea for fishing came up during the development of the Water Temple's boss

- during the development of that boss, a fish was put into the final boss room pond just to see it swim around

- Link's sword animation was then translated into a fishing cast just to see how well it would work

- Morita was actually working on this fishing aspect while he was supposed to be completing the boss work, so he hid the work when Aonuma came by

- the team eventually decided to make the fishing aspect its own part of the game, even though it had nothing to do with Link's adventure

- Miyamoto suggested that players should be able to cut signs

- When Miyamoto saw the sign cutting aspect put into the game, he whispered to Haruhana, "That's cool...now that's the Legend of Zelda!"

- the development of Kakariko Village didn't have a specific blueprint, but instead came together from the team just throwing out various ideas

- apparently, this is how most Zelda games come together

- the team was happy to hear about the various game delays, because it gave them more time to polish the project

Speaking of the Great Fairies, it's great to see they are more "rounded" in this one :heh:

Also I noticed that annoying impossible to reach cave is still there under Zora's Domain... gah I wish they'd removed that, now I'm kinda hoping they might have finally made it possible to somehow get down there even though I know they likely haven't.. bah.

Speaking of the Great Fairies, it's great to see they are more "rounded" in this one :heh:

Just say what I was saying previously: Their breasts look amazing.

From Iwata Ask

Koizumi: Aonuma-san, wanna switch with me on Super Mario Bros. sometime?

Aonuma :Hey, that sounds good… Not!

Koizumi:I'll make the next Zelda game. Then you can enjoy playing it.

Aonuma: No way. (firmly)

Everyone: (laughs)

Koizumi: I was being serious. :/

Gaaaaah, I want Koizumi to make another Zelda game, don't even care if it's handheld >_<

I remember why the water temple is so annoying: you can go through quite a few rooms and do quite few puzzles before coming across a locked door, meaning you need to backtrack, find the key then re-do all the puzzles.

Seriously I totally said I'd be crap at this game. Lets see...I've just done Lon Lon Ranch and I saw Zelda and stuff. I am in Kakari villiage (spelling...) now, trying to get these god damn chickens back in their pen. Seems impossible.

Then I tried going to Hell Mountain/that river near it but the owl told me to go to the woods. Is that the woods in the home town?

Games like Zelda really do need this design analog stick:

220px-GameCube_Analog_Stick.jpg

Or at least, the grooves underneath it

Yes, I really don't know why they don't have the hexagonal edges. It makes it so much easier to run straight and it's something that only Nintendo have had (at least I can't think of any other official controllers that have used it).

@ ReZ, yes.