NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Anyone else get the feeling the reason why NoE only had 2000 copies of the CD is because that was their sales expectations for the game in it's first 2 weeks?

No. Don't be silly. I think it falls more in line with NoE being tight.

I'm registering the game right now. It says I'm able to receive a CD, but I keep getting error messages -.-

Edit: Yeah and now I can't register it anymore and try to get the CD...what the hell? Well...don't care too much about it, anyway.

Edited by drahkon

Well I may not have been able to order the CD - whatever - [/apathy] but yesterday I managed to score myself most of an entire window display, basically laminates that stick to any glass surface featuring, Link, Ganondorf, Skulltula, Poe... plus a double-sided laminate poster featuring the boxart plus a cardboard standee featuring Link on Epona raising the Master Sword, the words 'The Legend Returns' in the background and a place to display the game where mine is currently placed.

And to think it would all have been destined for the bin if I hadn't happened to visit the shop on my way to work! :o

So all in all I'm pretty happy :D I'll post pics when I can.

This is the first game I've played on the 3Ds and I must say I'm impressed with the 3D. Although I keep losing the 3D effect every now and then when I move the 3DS slightly, which is a little annoying. Not sure if I can play the whole game in 3D as my eyes are starting to feel a little funny.

Anyway, the game is still awesome. Loving it all over again.

Got the game, getting errors on the CD registration form as well and can't re-register the game again so I'm stuck :(.

Is things you do as a child(crawling etc) missed when you turn adult?

. .

Everything is here as to why you're having CD issues.

If I'm reading this right it means that Club Nintendo still tells us we have a chance to get a CD although we haven't?

I just started the game. And it left me speechless. The 3D is incredible. It adds a lot to the experience.

People who don't have the game should gtfo imho :indeed:

People who got the game on time should be grateful and be enjoying it, instead of coming in here with an "I'm all right, Jack" attitude.

My saga:

Tuesday 14 June - GAME claims to have sent my special edition.

Friday 17 June - Still, not arrived. I have to buy it from Tesco. Miss out on CD.

Saturday 18 June - NON-special edition arrives, "packed" 14th June.

So, on Tuesday they packed the normal version of the game, whilst claiming they'd sent me the special edition.

What a muck-up. This was meant to be the biggest Nintendo release for years - it's Zelda, for goodness' sake! - and by far the biggest 3DS release, and yet between them, GAME and Nintendo have managed to completely ruin it. Turned it into a very negative situation for me, and even lessened my enjoyment of the actual game so far.

If I'm reading this right it means that Club Nintendo still tells us we have a chance to get a CD although we haven't?

Pretty much seems that way atleast so far, it still seems to give the impression that you can apply for one.

Is things you do as a child(crawling etc) missed when you turn adult?

You're too big to do some of the things you did as a child. You can always go back and do things you missed though.

People who got the game on time should be grateful and be enjoying it, instead of coming in here with an "I'm all right, Jack" attitude.

My saga:

Tuesday 14 June - GAME claims to have sent my special edition.

Friday 17 June - Still, not arrived. I have to buy it from Tesco. Miss out on CD.

Saturday 18 June - NON-special edition arrives, "packed" 14th June.

So, on Tuesday they packed the normal version of the game, whilst claiming they'd sent me the special edition.

What a muck-up. This was meant to be the biggest Nintendo release for years - it's Zelda, for goodness' sake! - and by far the biggest 3DS release, and yet between them, GAME and Nintendo have managed to completely ruin it. Turned it into a very negative situation for me, and even lessened my enjoyment of the actual game so far.

Its pretty crap.

I haven't even received anything yet despite is being sent on Tuesday like yours.

And normally I would go out and get a copy from elsewhere like others have, but I have no money until I get paid. I'd literally scraped to ensure I had £30 left at the end of the month to afford it, and this has happened. So I cant play until it arrives.

I suppose its a good thing ive never played the game before as for someone who had in the past its all the more special to see it re-mastered.

My first experience with it still is yet to happen. :(:weep::hmm::angry::cry::cry::cry:

Everything is here as to why you're having CD issues.

Main site is your bestest friend!

Well, I shall be registering my disgust on the Internet!

This is extremely annoying. It was never said to be a first come first serve basis for the cd. Just to register by end of June, so i didnt think i'd need to rush it and now missed out :-(

Gameplay question:

Am I right in thinking that if you are locked onto an enemy, say with the slingshot, that you can't just press B to get your sword out, you have to de-lock? [... it might even be the case that when you're simply locked on to an enemy with no other weapon that you can't draw your sword without de-locking, but I can't remember]?

My postman come but it was a stupid kid and no games so my mum will be geting one at GAME and when they come keep one and get my money back for the other one.

I've already been playing this since Wednesday (thank you Spain, for always breaking release dates with pre-orders). Sweet, sweet stuff.

Anyone else get the feeling the reason why NoE only had 2000 copies of the CD is because that was their sales expectations for the game in it's first 2 weeks?

No way they would be that stupid

The only thing I dislike about this game is the Ocarina controls aren't what I thought they'd be. Thought the c left, up and right would be y, x, a then L and R for down and A.

And nah, not a chance NoE only expected 2000 copies of this to sell in 2 weeks. I would've sold much more than that already. Maybe that much in Europe got sold before Friday with a lot of street date breaking :heh:

I'm seeing a very faint ghost image of Link to his left and right when 3D is on. I'm looking at the screen in the perfect position but there's still this odd ghosting. Anyone else?

Just the fact Tektites now have moving eyes is great!

Getting the Spiritual Stone of Fire is the first time with the 3DS I've actually experienced 3D that came right out of the screen... it actually felt like you could have grabbed it! Awesome!

Also just nabbed the Heart Piece on top of the entrance of Dodongo's Cavern ahead of time by jumping down to it... I think you're meant to wait for the hover plant to grow aren't you? :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Just the fact Tektites now have moving eyes is great!

Getting the Spiritual Stone of Fire is the first time with the 3DS I've actually experienced 3D that came right out of the screen... it actually felt like you could have grabbed it! Awesome!

Also just nabbed the Heart Piece on top of the entrance of Dodongo's Cavern ahead of time by jumping down to it... I think you're meant to wait for the hover plant to grow aren't you? :p

I did the same thing, back flipped over the fence by the bomb plant :heh:

Have done Dodongo's cavern now and am currently running around looking for heart pieces and golden skultulas, have also started the mask trading. Still absolutely loving the game, it's fantastic!

Heh, me too. I guess great minds think alike :p

WHERE IS MY GAME, GAME!

Home from work and no game to play! :(

I only live round the corner from Aneres11... is our postman stealing the copies for themselves!?

Have done Dodongo's cavern now and am currently running around looking for heart pieces and golden skultulas, have also started the mask trading. Still absolutely loving the game, it's fantastic!

Didn't think of that... I went to the left of the fence, did a roll and lept off the very corner edge... managed to grab onto the cliff below and pull myself on to it! :p

Yeah that's what I've been doing for a bit too.

I thought Dodongo's Cavern looked a bit drab inside [all those stone textures], but everything else is a-ma-zing!

Just about to enter Zora's Domain.

Edited by Retro_Link