NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

I'm nearly ready to travel though time and become adult Link. I have spent most of the day getting the stones, hearts pieces, planting seeds and killing gold skullatas. I think i'm all set.

Even though i'm not playing in 3D the game is simply stunning. I really can't believe how good it looks.

Anyone have trouble registering the for the sound track?

I tried registering and it said i hadn't entered the first line of my address, and i had

then i put something in each of the boxes (3 boxes house number in one, street then locality) and i get a double error of "An error occurred when your data were being validated. Please try again later."

do you get an email if it works or anything? its annoying me like mad now

Put your House Number in the first box and then put the Street Name in the box beside it. That's how you have to enter it, not all in one box.

Put your House Number in the first box and then put the Street Name in the box beside it. That's how you have to enter it, not all in one box.

tried that and it still throws out the same error each time! its driving me mad

first box is name

second is surname

third house number one next to it street

then area

then city (Leeds)

Then postcode

Then UK

no matter what i get that badly worded error

Edited by Agent Gibbs

tried that and it still throws out the same error each time! its driving me mad

first box is name

second is surname

third house number one next to it street

then area

then city (Leeds)

Then postcode

Then UK

no matter what i get that badly worded error

Are you filling in the box immediately below the double boxed line for house number and street name (i.e. the one that is above the Town/City box)? When I went through, I could have sworn the header for that particular box was Address 2, and not area, so leaving that blank should solve the problem as I only had to put my town, postcode and then UK after my house no. and street name to get it completed.

Had to stop for the day. About to enter the ass-rapingly frustrating Water Temple. Can't work on that now, will need at least half a day to fap around in it.

Are you filling in the box immediately below the double boxed line for house number and street name (i.e. the one that is above the Town/City box)? When I went through, I could have sworn the header for that particular box was Address 2, and not area, so leaving that blank should solve the problem as I only had to put my town, postcode and then UK after my house no. and street name to get it completed.

yeah i filled out address two as the area i live in Roundhay is the second line of my address on most bills

but leaving it blank and just filling out the rest makes no difference at all:weep:

EDIT:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/06/problems-with-ocarina-of-time-3d-registrations-for-cds.html

appears i'm not the only one

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Yep, no more radioactive water ;)
Yeah that was good to see, the water actually looks lovely, outside the Castle etc... for example

But inside the Temple of Time looks incredible!!

i really shouldn't, because i'll be poor for the next two weeks, but i am so fucking tempted to invest in a 3ds tomorrow for this. somebody talk me out of it.

Nearly 8 hours in. 10 extra heart pieces. 16 Skulutas. Have Epona and Bigoron sword quest in progress. Just entered Fire Temple. :)

Not had a problem with the slider myself, but yeah looking around in 3rd person or with a weapon is a bit annoying, however I actually really love the 'looking around' feature moving the 3DS... how it actually requires you to move around with the game/lean forward and look down etc... But it depends where you are sitting, how much you can fully do that, so I don't use it all the time.

Dodongo's Cavern next. Saved it for now.

Think I'm gonna slow down with the game. I think I could complete it way to quickly if I tried.

Oh and the Temple of Time looked stunning!

I've saved right at the start of Dodongo's Cavern as well :heh:

Already got 5 (6?) heart pieces and about 16 golden skultullas, really taking my time exploring everywhere!

i really shouldn't, because i'll be poor for the next two weeks, but i am so fucking tempted to invest in a 3ds tomorrow for this. somebody talk me out of it.

If you wait 'til the end of summer you'll be able to pick up more good games....?

you'll finish it by Tuesday and then regret spending £180~ as you wait until September for the next big game (assuming you're interested in Star Fox).

I feel so bad, the guy in the windmill is so happy, but in the future, he's annoyed. He taught me the song that caused the problems and thus made his life hell, and I have to now play it to his past self to fulfill the paradox

I feel so bad, the guy in the windmill is so happy, but in the future, he's annoyed. He taught me the song that caused the problems and thus made his life hell, and I have to now play it to his past self to fulfill the paradox

omg spoilers

:santa:

Easily my favourite song in OoT I think.

I saved after becoming adult Link. Really enjoyed it so far despite having played it so many times already. The improved graphics really are good, it's great to see so much new detail in a game I'm really familiar with and the 3D really adds to the game in places. I had to turn 3D off in Jabu Jabu though because with the pulsating walls and everything it was just giving me a headache :p

I'm loving/finding the little additions and changes they've made and trying things out in different ways I haven't previously tried. Been damn fun so far!

GAME e-mail says nothing about delivery times, their website says 2 business days. According to Royal Mail , first class postage is 1 - 2 days. Saying delivery is 2-3 days is an outright lie, that's why they tend to ship on Wednesday so it has 2 days to arrive, but it usually only takes 1 day which is why we get it on Thursday.

They've more than likely either didn't ship it on Tuesday like the email suggests or told Royal Mail to not deliver until today which they tend to do for big releases. Although not sure how some people did get theirs early, the postman must have ignored the message.

Edit: Oh, looks like the NoE site is back up just in time.

Did they even use Royal Mail because how come my package had Citipost on the envelope.

Took my copy back to Game in oxford street today. Explained why which was pretty funny.

Seems Zelda sold well at the store as they only had 3 left when I returned mine at 14:30.

Shocking that some people never got there copies from Game today, what a cock up and the standard template email they sent to everyone is a joke!

Edited by khilafah

Picked this up today... WOHOO, my god the graphical improvement looks astounding, that low quailty stream in the eShop does not do it justice.

The 3D effect is stunning and really does bring the world to life. I spent a fair bit of time just running around looking at things as if it was the first time I played it.

Leaving the forest and the cut scene with Saria, just like my very first time I got a little emotional, even though the game only just started you somehow quickly build a bond with her. Got to the castle and just had to (re)explore every bit of the town before going onward to find Zelda. Forgot how much I loved that stealth bit espcially in the headge maze area.

Though slightly dissapointed they removed the Mario picture that could be seen inside one of the windows in the area you meet Zelda :(

Got up to as far as Goron City.... but it was only when I got there that I then realised I'd forgotten I needed to go back to the Lost Woods and meet Saria first :heh:

Saved it there as my battery ran low and was actually at a cousins house for dinner so no charger :heh:

So turns out that NoE seemed to have 1000-2000 copies of the soundtrack and the reason for the error was because they are in fact, all gone. Why they decided to say folk had up till the 30th to register is beyond me since that is a stupidly low amount to last 2 weeks.

So turns out that NoE seemed to have 1000-2000 copies of the soundtrack and the reason for the error was because they are in fact, all gone. Why they decided to say folk had up till the 30th to register is beyond me since that is a stupidly low amount to last 2 weeks.

WHAT????

DAMN IT, and here I was in no rush to register it as I just wanted to play it first, thinking I had loads of time.... DAMN YOU NoE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRAKING MONKEYS :mad:

Anyone have trouble registering the for the sound track?

I tried registering and it said i hadn't entered the first line of my address, and i had

then i put something in each of the boxes (3 boxes house number in one, street then locality) and i get a double error of "An error occurred when your data were being validated. Please try again later."

do you get an email if it works or anything? its annoying me like mad now

Having the same problem and it's pissing me off, had the same problem before trying to input my address on the site, it was the reason I stopped bothering registering stuff there and I can't believe it hasn't changed since then. :/

WHAT????

DAMN IT, and here I was in no rush to register it as I just wanted to play it first, thinking I had loads of time.... DAMN YOU NoE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRAKING MONKEYS :mad:

Well, thanks a lot, GAME! Thanks a lot, Nintendo of Europe!

The-Evolution-of-FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-gif.gif

WHY WHY couldn't they just say that? i bought it at lunch time, if i'd known i'd have registered it at work

Ok back to the actual game for a moment, forgot to mention before.

Love the new little touches, like all the posters everywhere in Kakariko village.

Those are new right? Or were they just not as detailed on the N64? I spent a good chuck of time just looking at those when I got there. Also noticed those new hint stones... not used them of course, guess they were put in for n00bs?

Though considering all of us who've played the orginal didn't have such a hint system other than Navi going "Hey Listen" and had no problems 13 years ago... do Nintendo think kids today are less intellegent than kids of 13 years ago?

Anything else new/added to game?

Oh and one thing about the controls I don't like is the d-pad just being used to hide/display the mini map in the corner of the top screen... why isn't that map on the bottom screen and why isn't the d-pad used for full camera control :heh:

That really is poor. Will NoE never stop screwing us over? I've already got confirmation of my soundtrack but considering they said that anyone who registers by the 30th will get one, this is incredibly shocking. Let's hope they're getting more ordered in.

I am happy to upload the soundtrack for people to get for free - sucks to not get the official thing though.

Those new hint stones look awful. I don't mean to be a gaming snob but they really shouldn't be in the game. There's one in the temple of time for Farore's sake. Is nothing sacred? :p