NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

I got mine from GAME today, though I went to the shop. :p

I had £20 on my reward card though so paid £15. :D

I went to the shop and used £30 i had on a gift card from some traded games, and £7.50 from my reward card

paid £0.00 :p

anyone work for game and understand the reward card and gift cards?

I wanted to order it online, but you can't use the gift cards online

yet when i "paid" today i told him i had a card and it was in my hand but he never took it, but yet they had it on record how much was on it and digitally swiped it

so if they retain this info linked to reward cards, how come you can't use them online? :hmm:

Bought it, alongside Child of Eden, this morning and have just come off of it after an hour and a half session (it had to wait as I really wanted to play Child of Eden and I'm glad I did because it's awesome. But I digress...) and I've just left the castle.

It's pretty much as I remember it. Looks good, sounds good and plays well despite my concerns that the circle pad isn't really an analogue stick but really a slider (although it doesn't work that well when using the slingshot from what I've tried so far). The 3D does look nice but it's given me a headache and that was with the slider just under midway. I'll be honest though, I've been playing my 3DS recently with the 3D off so I need to get used to the effect all over again.

But yeah, it's enjoyable enough so far. Wouldn't say my mind has been blown again (although the headache is leaning in that direction) but I guess that's to be expected of something which I've played through before.

Extremely jealous of everyone playing it. Was awesome when I got to play it a few weeks ago, but I don't have a 3DS yet. Someone please buy me one. PLLLLLEEEEEASE.

My load is blowing all over the place, this game is too good. LOVING the easter eggs (anyone look through Zelda's window?)

Riiiigggghhhhhttt, .......let me be the first to say that I don't have any desire to finish this game on the double.

Out of all Zelda games, I must say that OoT has always been one of my least favourites.

But it is nice to be able to get out this epic adventure any time and start playing it.

It gives a whole other dimension to OoT (and even a Zelda game) for me; normally I'd have nothing but Zelda on my mind when a new iteration came out, but, given the fact that I've beaten this game thrice, OoT3D has become a pleasant side dish:)

*Puts on hate-resisiting armour*

Riiiigggghhhhhttt, .......let me be the first to say that I don't have any desire to finish this game on the double.

Out of all Zelda games, I must say that OoT has always been one of my least favourites.

But it is nice to be able to get out this epic adventure any time and start playing it.

It gives a whole other dimension to OoT (and even a Zelda game) for me; normally I'd have nothing but Zelda on my mind when a new iteration came out, but, given the fact that I've beaten this game thrice, OoT3D has become a pleasant side dish:)

*Puts on hate-resisiting armour*

Perfectly understandable. So far I am still within the areas that I have already played, and although it is amazing what they have done with it, it does feel a bit peculiar playing the same thing that I've already played. Therefore, I can't wait to see what happens next, and what lies in store for me :grin:

Ah, the bliss of playing (most of) it for the first time will be amazing.

Loooooooooving it. :love:

Looks absolutely amazing in 3D, even little touches like all the particle effects around Kokiri Forest stand out so much more! It's great fun just going around and spotting all the improvements they made too. icon14.gif

I've been playing my 3DS recently with the 3D off so I need to get used to the effect all over again.
Same here (as DoA plays so much better at 60fps), played this for around an hour and the 3D was starting to mess my brain up. :heh:

It seems a shame to play it in 2D though (and the frame rate appears identical in both modes anyway), so I guess I'll just take regular breaks, rather than marathon it and potentially go blind. :D

One slightly worrying thing I've noticed after my initial session though (in which I finished the Deku Tree and arrived at Hyrule Castle), is that I'm not finding the Slide Pad on the 3DS all that comfortable. :hmm: Didn't have any problem with it on Pilotwings though. ::shrug: Anyone else experiencing this?

Hopefully it's just a case of getting used to it, as I've used the D-Pad on my 3DS much more than the Slide Pad.

I remember screenshots of when Zelda 64 was originally a 64DD game... and it looked really different. I can't find any on Google though... does anyone remember them?

Have you checked Unseen 64?

I phoned Game up and they said its because Royle Mail is fricking slow should of orderd it with fast shipping I hope there are still some Zelda OOT soundtracks left stupid Royle mail.

Right, I pre-ordered this from GAME a few weeks ago. They said they despatched it on Tuesday, but the evening's here and it still hasn't been delivered. I had to buy it from Tesco. Whether GAME's fault of the parcel carrier's, it's very disappointing and has somewhat ruined my day.

Right, I pre-ordered this from GAME a few weeks ago. They said they despatched it on Tuesday, but the evening's here and it still hasn't been delivered. I had to buy it from Tesco. Whether GAME's fault of the parcel carrier's, it's very disappointing and has somewhat ruined my day.

See, I'm not buying that its a carrier issue. Becuase why has everyone who preordered from LAME not received their game?

So its nothing to do with Royal Mail as far as i'm concerned - its GAME spinning bull shit.

I am actually really really annoyed as the purpose of a preorder is to get this at LEAST on the day of launch.

And loads of people are game-less coz of them.

It's all GAME, too many folk haven't received/had problems.

Just about to turn into Adult Link now after a hard afternoon of Spiritual Stone getting. Even went and done Jabu Jabu before I finished Dodongos Cavern cause i'm that cool.

I wanted to order it online, but you can't use the gift cards online

yet when i "paid" today i told him i had a card and it was in my hand but he never took it, but yet they had it on record how much was on it and digitally swiped it

so if they retain this info linked to reward cards, how come you can't use them online? :hmm:

GAME online is actually run by a different company on GAME's behalf (Gameplay).

The GAME cards are linked to the site, I assume they just haven't bothered to link gift cards; though it's not unusual for online branches of retailers to not accept them (it helps them get free money).

I assume that Gameplay running the online side of things is also why people haven't yet recieved their Special Edition cases and such, even though the GAME stores apparently recieved the Sp. Ed. cases ages ago.

Edited by Kurtle Squad

My load is blowing all over the place, this game is too good. LOVING the easter eggs (anyone look through Zelda's window?)
The windows in the courtyard?... I purposefully looked through them after the N64 version but couldn't see anything this time?!

I only really noticed the Mario level, didn't see anything special through the other.

My problem sometimes is that I don't know when to shut up / stop myself.

As evidenced in my email to LAME below:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time from GAME.co.uk

We hope you have enjoyed receiving your preorder and are currently braving the lands of Hyrule with Link.

You may have noticed that your gold box art and poster were not delivered with your game.

Have no fear, your preorder offer is on it's way and will be with you quicker than you can tackle the new Legendary Master Quest mode.

Thank you very much for preordering from GAME.co.uk.

GAME

Customer Service Team

My reply:

"We hope you have enjoyed receiving your preorder and are currently braving the lands of Hyrule with Link."

Erm - no actually I am not braving the lands of Hyrule with link as I haven't even received my game.

Not only that, but your now telling me that when the game DOES arrive, I will not be receiving the gold box or poster which was the whole purpose of the pre-order with you in the first place!

Frankly not good enough as a pre-order is supposed to be with you on the day of launch.

Please advise the problem as you supposedly dispatched this on Tuesday. I know this isn't a carrier or Royal Mail issue as we have been receiving other post with no problem what so ever.

Just to refer you to the below that was sent to me after I pre-ordered.

"By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time 3D , and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!"

Many thanks.

Probably unnecessary but after seeing Mike1988UK's response where they are blaming Royal Mail and the fact we didn't select the paid for postage really wound me up.

Just admit when you're wrong LAME!

This game is stunning!

Looks absolutely gorgeous, I'm surprised every time I turn it on! I do have a couple of annoyances though, I love moving the console to aim the slingshot, but it screws up with the 3D (the sweet spot for me seems to be really small, if I move it a centimeter i see double :( ), so at the moment I'm not using 3D all the time. Secondly the slider. It just doesn't seem that great and, despite the groove, my thumb is continuously sliding off of it, it needs some texture to create some sort of friction (this has me worrying even more about the WiiU's slide pads)!

Despite these niggles I am still loving the game, just about to head to Kakariko then Death Mountain.

Oh and I seem to have misunderstand the game note feature. I thought it saved a screenshot with the note as well, so my notes haven't been that detailed (i'm trying to note soft earth spots for bug/bean usage whenever I find them), went to look at one after I caught a bug and realised this wasn't the case. Missed opportunity I feel - would turn a good feature into a fantastic one!

Oh By the way. I got my copy from game and despite not pre-orderering it they gave me the box and the poster anyway , and all I can say is.... (Sigh). The poster is folded up in the size of of a 3ds box and it is very creased. = Fail.

The way the circle pads don't have octogon like grooves like the console controllers is a big problem if you want to run in a straight line.

I turn 3D off for everything but the cutscenes, plays a lot better IMO

Anyone have trouble registering the for the sound track?

I tried registering and it said i hadn't entered the first line of my address, and i had

then i put something in each of the boxes (3 boxes house number in one, street then locality) and i get a double error of "An error occurred when your data were being validated. Please try again later."

do you get an email if it works or anything? its annoying me like mad now

My friend is currently trying to register for the OST, but is having the same issue and error.

You get a confirmation e-mail when it's successful.

This game is stunning!

Looks absolutely gorgeous, I'm surprised every time I turn it on! I do have a couple of annoyances though, I love moving the console to aim the slingshot, but it screws up with the 3D (the sweet spot for me seems to be really small, if I move it a centimeter i see double :( ), so at the moment I'm not using 3D all the time. Secondly the slider. It just doesn't seem that great and, despite the groove, my thumb is continuously sliding off of it, it needs some texture to create some sort of friction (this has me worrying even more about the WiiU's slide pads)!

Not had a problem with the slider myself, but yeah looking around in 3rd person or with a weapon is a bit annoying, however I actually really love the 'looking around' feature moving the 3DS... how it actually requires you to move around with the game/lean forward and look down etc... But it depends where you are sitting, how much you can fully do that, so I don't use it all the time.

Dodongo's Cavern next. Saved it for now.

Think I'm gonna slow down with the game. I think I could complete it way to quickly if I tried.

Oh and the Temple of Time looked stunning!

Edited by Retro_Link