NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

To be honest, I'd love to see a new proper 2D zelda (Sprite based). We haven't had one of those since Minish Cap, which was years ago now.

To be honest, I'd love to see a new proper 2D zelda (Sprite based). We haven't had one of those since Minish Cap, which was years ago now.

Agreed, I still want Nintendo to try and focus on birds eye view of Zelda while leaving the 3D up to the console.

If anything, I would love to see something along the lines of what I heard Nintendo wanted to do with Twilight Princess, when it came to overworld and dungeon (3D around the overworld area, but fixed camera top down view within the dungeons and temples)

You know, as much as I love OoT and as awesome as this looks, I wish they were redoing The Wind Waker with a couple of extra dungeons...

Not that i'm complaining i love this game :D Now that the 3DS has achievements, give me one for finding all the gold skulltulas, I spent HOURS finding them last time haha.

You know, as much as I love OoT and as awesome as this looks, I wish they were redoing The Wind Waker with a couple of extra dungeons...

Not that i'm complaining i love this game :D Now that the 3DS has achievements, give me one for finding all the gold skulltulas, I spent HOURS finding them last time haha.

I spent years!!

Found 99 all within good time, then spent ABSOLUTELY ages trying to find the last one, rechecking and rechecking every area... until I was convinced there was something wrong with my game!

Then a couple of years later I just thought I'd try putting bugs down every hole AGAIN and low and behold, out came the 100th at the entrance to Dodongo Cavern!! :D

I spent years!!

Found 99 all within good time, then spent ABSOLUTELY ages trying to find the last one, rechecking and rechecking every area... until I was convinced there was something wrong with my game!

Then a couple of years later I just thought I'd try putting bugs down every hole AGAIN and low and behold, out came the 100th at the entrance to Dodongo Cavern!! :D

I did the same with 99 goldskull but I never could find the last one in the death mountain area.

I got em all, made it my life mission. Thought the prize sucked for getting them all :heh:

Cool I can't wait I hope this is a Launch game and come on guys if you buy this then MM might come out which I want it to and I am geting 2 copies of this game one for me and one for my mum and Nintendo posted it on there Twitter after the press confrence.

Cool I can't wait I hope this is a Launch game and come on guys if you buy this then MM might come out which I want it to and I am geting 2 copies of this game one for me and one for my mum and Nintendo posted it on there Twitter after the press confrence.

This is the greatest post I've ever seen. Just legendary.

I'm going to download it twice to counter-act your purchases. How do you feel?

GT Wish List:

I can't help thinking quite a bit of what they ask for is wishful thinking.

I'm not expecting any new dungeons for starters... I didn't even think they're were any missing in OOT... I don't think the Ice Cave was ever meant to be a full dungeon given it's proximity to the Jabu Jabu Dungeon.

Orchestrated music... would be very nice... but Nintendo have only just started putting it in their games recently!

Horseback combat by all means. But I don't really want Hyrule field rejigged to accommodate more enemies. Hyrule field was a nice relaxing transitional space. Though horseback combat for Peahats/Ghosts/Stalfos fine by me!

3D popping out of the screen Navi... YES PLEASE!!! *Hello* *Wake Up*

3D popping out of the screen Navi... YES PLEASE!!! *Hello* *Wake Up*

Only if Link gets a new 'weapon'...

'Da da da daaaaa! You got the Fairy-Swatter! Now you'll never have to listen! ever again.'

The guy they use for the Gametrailers narration really is awesome. Their clips wouldn't be the same without him.

I still can't believe Nintendo introduced this behind the scenes with as little fanfare as possible. I understand they didn't want to take the hype away from Skyward Sword but still.

They introduced a new dungeon in Link's Awakening DX for the Gameboy Colour, although it was only a small one. Maybe an extra standalone mini dungeon in OOT 3D?

Can't wait, particularly to see the updated visuals.

I really don't image horseback combat coming into this at all actually.

I personally thought there was always something errie and quiet about hyrule field that would be disturbed by more enemies.

I also don't imagine them including master quest.

But otherwise good suggestions that may come through.

Whenever Gametrailers has a wishlist, it always includes unreasonable things to ask for.

Including horseback combat in a game that does not need it at any point, for example, would be foolish, and redesigning the field in order to accommodate this is treading dangerous territory.

And their suggestions for touch screen controls... gotta love how they select an item with the stylus and Link starts somehow fighting with the D-Pad alone :laughing:

I wouldn't mind an extra dungeon in the remake, but OoT already has enough dungeons as it is, including the Gerudo Training Grounds, so it would be a nice, if unnecessary, bonus.

And including Master Quest would be a no-brainer, I think. I don't know why they wouldn't.

Why would they include Master Quest? Why bloat the game with a pointless add-on?

Horseback combat is unlikely and unnecessary, but with stylus control it may not be that hard to implement.

Why would they include Master Quest? Why bloat the game with a pointless add-on?

Essentially, Master Quest is a hard mode. Since when is that pointless?

Whenever Gametrailers has a wishlist, it always includes unreasonable things to ask for.

Including horseback combat in a game that does not need it at any point, for example, would be foolish, and redesigning the field in order to accommodate this is treading dangerous territory.

And their suggestions for touch screen controls... gotta love how they select an item with the stylus and Link starts somehow fighting with the D-Pad alone :laughing:

I wouldn't mind an extra dungeon in the remake, but OoT already has enough dungeons as it is, including the Gerudo Training Grounds, so it would be a nice, if unnecessary, bonus.

And including Master Quest would be a no-brainer, I think. I don't know why they wouldn't.

haha I didn't notice the dpad thing..

They would do well, utilizing the touch pad well though. I don't mean for movement( and let's pray they don't try that by the way)

More dungeons simply aren't needed in this. If they tried a wind waker then yes I would say more is needed..

Knowing nintendo they will implement a hint system in this as well.

haha I didn't notice the dpad thing..

They would do well, utilizing the touch pad well though. I don't mean for movement( and let's pray they don't try that by the way)

Honestly, I think the only way to implement the touch screen is through mini-games. I can't think of any way they could be needed on the main adventure.

Knowing nintendo they will implement a hint system in this as well.

Navi.jpg

:heh:

I still can't believe Nintendo introduced this behind the scenes with as little fanfare as possible. I understand they didn't want to take the hype away from Skyward Sword but still.

Indeed - it is the reason to buy a 3DS!

As for Master Quest, my "problem" with that is the dungeons are so badly designed compared to the originals. I don't mind a hard mode with tougher enemies, but I wouldn't have thought the rearranged dungeons of Master Quest were worth the space on the cartridge. It was different on the GameCube, because the disc clearly had room for both, but with the remake on the 3DS, any spare room can be used for improved graphics.

Generally, I do not think bonus dungeons are worth it, on account of how much they unbalance the game (that goes for Link's Awakening too).

Essentially, Master Quest is a hard mode. Since when is that pointless?

Because Nintendo have always been so keen to implement multiple difficulties in Zelda games right? :blank: - Master Quest was a one-off gimmick, I doubt very much they'll include it and muddy the water for new Zelda gamers.

you kidding me? The problem i had was NOBODY cared about skyward sword when this was announced. it made me cringe for the nintendo fanbase to be honest.

NIntendo probably knew this was going to happen so they tried to dumb it down slightly..

Course it didn't help much that their skyward demonstration was a little disappointing either.

Because Nintendo have always been so keen to implement multiple difficulties in Zelda games right? :blank: - Master Quest was a one-off gimmick, I doubt very much they'll include it and muddy the water for new Zelda gamers.

If Master Quest is unlocked only after beating the original game, it won't bother first-timers at all.

Besides, what's the problem with multiple difficulties in Zelda? It's something the series has been needing for a while, now.

As for Master Quest, my "problem" with that is the dungeons are so badly designed compared to the originals. I don't mind a hard mode with tougher enemies, but I wouldn't have thought the rearranged dungeons of Master Quest were worth the space on the cartridge. It was different on the GameCube, because the disc clearly had room for both, but with the remake on the 3DS, any spare room can be used for improved graphics.

Out of curiosity, would Master Quest occupy that much space, considering it's the exact same game, but with a different dungeon layout?

A bonus dungeon would be nice, and it should be at the Temple of Time. I found it odd how that temple is completely empty given it's like so important, whereas there's this massive one in the forest which no one can even get to :heh: