NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Still no CD for me. :sad:

Anyone else still waiting for it?

Yup i'm still waiting but I was slightly late registering mine, thanks to GAME's dispatch issues...

:mad:

My collection of midis arrived the other day. Seriously lazy job on the coverart, but a nice freebie.

Finally got mine yesterday. I registered for mine at 10am on launch day. So I'm pretty sure it's just totally random.

Not exactly the Song of Storms you play though. IS IT.

One of the tracks is all the ocarina songs, so the exact Song of Storms is in there.

Also waiting for mine, although I think I registered mine on the last day possible and I don't think it's been the 8 weeks yet. Hope it comes this month though, cos I'm moving next month.

Now I feel really bad that there is no Club Nintendo in Finland, so I had no way to get my hands on this CD. They will be found on eBay from time to time, I'm sure, but the price will probably be very high.

2:34/2:49 onwards on the Hyrule Field Main theme is my favourite tune of the game, only seems to appear whilst in Lake Hylia.

EDIT: Ok actually the Windmill theme/Song of Storm is my favourite :)

Edited by Ronnie

Just found this,

I was gonna ask here if anyone remembered some early screens (back in the N64 days) showed some Medallions equiped as usable items on the C buttons. I remember one screenshot was on the back of the game box and always wondered what they may have been used for.

While trying to find a screen shot to first prove to myself I wasn;t imagining it, I found this on the Zelda Wiki, thought I'd share :heh:

I wonder could this ""Ice Medallion" dungeon could have been where that mystery cave under Zora's domain went to. The "Wind" one might have been at the top of the waterfall in Gerudo Valley (I think I remember reading there was meant to be a dungeon up there)

The wiki does say that the Wind and Ice Medallions could have had their names changed to Forest and Water though it says that was just fan theory/speculation.

MedallionBeta.jpg

That's pretty cool/interesting. Guess it explains the matching podiums to end up warping to, though the big focus on medallion arrows coulda been interesting!

I've always thought it was odd how, in Ganon's castle, the water medallion area is actually more reminiscent of the ice cavern than the water temple.

Probably to avoid re-dredging the traumatic memories the water temple has instilled within us all :shakehead

One of the tracks is all the ocarina songs, so the exact Song of Storms is in there.

I already told him that.

Finally finished the game after getting it soon after launch. Like when I completed it on the N64 im actually gutted theres nothing else to explore. I suppose theres MQ to do.

Finished this a few weeks ago, decided to avoid the Master Quest for now and moved on to Majora's Mask instead. Finished that over the weekend, and now need to decided whether to move on to Master Quest or Wind Waker. Serious Zelda nostalgia being stirred!

Finished this a few weeks ago, decided to avoid the Master Quest for now and moved on to Majora's Mask instead. Finished that over the weekend, and now need to decided whether to move on to Master Quest or Wind Waker. Serious Zelda nostalgia being stirred!

Don't forget you can also download Zelda : Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS Virtual Console... which I would recommend if you haven't played it before or even in a while. :)

I've finished Ocarina of Time and Link's Awakening and I'm currently half way through Wind Waker which is still probably my favourite Zelda game. Feels so exciting to discover a new island, and I love all the different treasure you can find and stuff. I also love the hints to Ocarina, like the mention of Gossip Stones, the sages, etc.

Don't forget you can also download Zelda : Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS Virtual Console... which I would recommend if you haven't played it before or even in a while. :)

Good call, have never actually played that. I also have an urge to play Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Too many games and not enough time!

I became adult link for the first time and Sheik told me to meet her at Karakiko village, but I can't find her. Where is she?

Sheik is not in Kakariko Village, but you shouldn't meet him in the first place. Check around the Graveyard, and listen to hints some people say in the village. Sorry for not giving direct answer, at least, no spoilers here.