NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Wow, how great is the 3D effect in this game?! Wow... just... wow!!!

It's amazing :) It has some ghosting issues in the Chamber of the Sages but it's still awesome

..don't you be going and getting me all tempted to buy this :shakehead

Got the Soundtrack CD today, was a litle confused first when I saw the packet, looked like a game and thought it might have been a review copy of something but I wasn't expecting any review copies... then saw the NOE return address and thought... but NOE dont use my address for review copies :heh:

Listening to it now, it's like my ears are playing the game :D

SDC10726.jpg

SDC10727.jpg

SDC10728.jpg

Bit wierd how we all got the 3DS t-shirts on the same day (or at least the majority) and yet the CD's are just turning up randomly!

I find fishing really hard. Are you supposed to be pulling in the opposite direction to the fish or the same direction? I doesn't seem to work either way for me.

I find fishing really hard. Are you supposed to be pulling in the opposite direction to the fish or the same direction? I doesn't seem to work either way for me.

I find franticlly making a circle motion works :heh:

Untill the camera switches to behind Link, then I think I just pull in the opposite direction the fish is trying to swim

Does the CD have the nice orchestral finish?

EDIT: Scratch that. Mine has arrived, I see it does.

Does anyone know how to get the media information for it so it isn't just unknown artist/album/track.

I tried using Windows Media Player to find it but it's coming up with nothing close.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I find that pushing the circle pad in the same way that the Fish is going seems to work perfectly, it takes a long time to real in the big ones, but they never seem to break free. And briefly let go of the A button when they jump out of the water.

And briefly let go of the A button when they jump out of the water.

Stopping reeling it in when it's out of the water and unable to offer any resistance... helps?

Just found this,

I was gonna ask here if anyone remembered some early screens (back in the N64 days) showed some Medallions equiped as usable items on the C buttons. I remember one screenshot was on the back of the game box and always wondered what they may have been used for.

While trying to find a screen shot to first prove to myself I wasn;t imagining it, I found this on the Zelda Wiki, thought I'd share :heh:

As for gameplay purposes, the Sage Medallions replace pictures of the Sages on the quest status page, as used in A Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures, to indicate to the player how many Sages he has already freed. However, it seems that during the early development stages of Ocarina of Time, Nintendo intended that the Sage Medallions actually could be used by Link. There exist several early screenshots of Link having the Forest Medallion equipped, and it was revealed that the Medallions were going to act as Link's original way of warping through Hyrule instead of using the Ocarina of Time.[13]

In a November 1997 interview by Famimaga 64, Shigeru Miyamoto explained that the Medallions, known as "Magic Medallions", were supposed to have been used in conjunction with Link's bow and arrow.[14] There were to be six types of Magic Medallions, including fire, wind, darkness, and light, meaning that they might have been used instead of the Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows that turned out in the final, released version of the game.[14]

By using a hacking device, two icons were discovered that, when translated, read "Wind Medallion" and "Ice Medallion". It is theorized that they are likely the "leftovers of the two temples removed from the final game," and that they were possibly meant to be used as Magic Medallions with Link's bow.

I wonder could this ""Ice Medallion" dungeon could have been where that mystery cave under Zora's domain went to. The "Wind" one might have been at the top of the waterfall in Gerudo Valley (I think I remember reading there was meant to be a dungeon up there)

The wiki does say that the Wind and Ice Medallions could have had their names changed to Forest and Water though it says that was just fan theory/speculation.

MedallionBeta.jpg

Just got in from work and found the CD had arrived. I'm very tempted to keep it sealed and then slam it on ebay at some point.

I completed this on normal mode today. Actually brought a tear to my eye when Ganon was defeated and Link is sent back to his own time. Now onto Master Quest and collecting all the skulltulas.

The inside of Ganon's Castle is so beautifully detailed.

BTW, does anyone know what TIME tickets go on sale for the concert?

10am UK time, 11am CET I believe.

Got my soundtrack today : peace:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

No song of storms :(

ah it's listed as 'Ocarina songs' :) not got to those tracks yet :heart:

[edit] track 31. Windmill Hut :p

Edited by The Peeps

[edit] track 31. Windmill Hut :p

Not exactly the Song of Storms you play though. IS IT.

IS IT.

NO.

EXACTLY.