NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Just finished the game, wanted to take my time with it. They really went all out on the whole Ganon's Castle segment, looked great!

I love the part in the end credits when Navi flies off, Link walks away and the camera pans down onto the master sword with the bells ringing in the background. Awesome. That would have made a good 'The End' screen.

I've not played Twilight Princess in years so this might've been explained and I've forgotten it. Ganondorf broke free a little in his execution, what power did he have? Since he didn't enter the Sacred Realm he couldn't get the Triforce of Power, because Link and Zelda waited for something outrageous to snitch on Ganondorf.

To all those hoping for a Majora's Mask remake, didn't Miyamoto say they weren't interested in doing any more a few months ago?

I've not played Twilight Princess in years so this might've been explained and I've forgotten it. Ganondorf broke free a little in his execution, what power did he have? Since he didn't enter the Sacred Realm he couldn't get the Triforce of Power, because Link and Zelda waited for something outrageous to snitch on Ganondorf.

he was "gifted the power of the gods"

it was never said it was the triforce though, but its assumed since the triforce is referred to as that often

it mentions it in that link i put up

Iwata Asks - Ocarina of Time 3D: Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto

Iwata:

Huh? At first you imagined Ganon's Castle as the only setting?

Miyamoto:

Yes. I thought about putting in all kinds of adventures into the different rooms, like making a dark meadow or an ocean—like in Princess Peach's Castle in Super Mario 64.

Iwata:

You imagined lots of rooms in Ganon's Castle, with various worlds all connected.

Miyamoto:

Yes. In the worst case, Link wouldn't have been able to go outside the castle! (laughs)

Iwata:

When you make a Zelda game, how do you think about the story?

Miyamoto:

The stories in The Legend of Zelda may not match up as the series progresses. We actually expend a lot of time trying to make them match up, though. It would make things a lot easier if the players said, "Oh, that doesn't really matter." (laughs)

Iwata:

(laughs) You would rather spend your energy making game elements rather than the story.

Miyamoto:

That's right. Sometimes people ask whether Yoshi is a boy or a girl. If I answer, "Probably a boy," then they say, "So a boy is laying eggs?" (laughs)

Iwata:

(laughs)

Miyamoto:

That's right. (laughs) Ingo and Link have a horse race. If Link wins, he can get the horse named Epona, but Ingo closes the entrance gate to the ranch.

Iwata:

Then you jump over the fence on Epona and escape.

Miyamoto:

That's right. At first, I imagined a scene in which Ingo, in a frenzy, sets the ranch on fire, so Epona jumps against a backdrop of flames, but then someone said, "What about when Link comes back to the ranch later?" So I gave that up. (laughs)

Well i am making steady progress, i'm in the Fire Temple now, i got myself Epona just before that! :)

I completed the game a couple of nights ago and I must say that it's still the same fantastic game from start to finish, except now it's just that much more awesome! :)

The music at the end really finished it off nicely too, pure magic! :D

Is there actually any way to play Master Quest before completing the normal mode of the game?

I think this move is kinda stupid as there are many gamers who have already beaten OoT in normal mode (more than once). It is a bit different with Master Quest though.

Is there actually any way to play Master Quest before completing the normal mode of the game?

I think this move is kinda stupid as there are many gamers who have already beaten OoT in normal mode (more than once). It is a bit different with Master Quest though.

No way whatsoever

Didn't get an e-mail about it yet, but I just registered for the soundtrack. Just go to the Club Nintendo page and an image appeared at the top that takes you to the page to put your details in.

Just got my copy of this delivered :D only £19.99 as well (deal's gone now though I'm afraid)

Now... if only I had a 3DS to play it on :3

Just got the email from Nintendo regarding the Zelda Soundtrack. So I've just registered my details with them and I should get it within the next 8 weeks.

Caught the Hylian Loach :D First time ever in my 13 years of OoT playing

Just finished the Water Temple and it wasn't as difficult as I remember it being. In fact I quite enjoyed it.

Is the main boss always that easy? I can't remember. But this time around I defeated it rather quickly and with no trouble at all. Seemed like I was just getting started when it evaporated into the ceiling! I was expecting a second phase, or something.

The room in the Ice Cavern with the Iron Boots is incredible. The level of detail is just amazing compared to the N64 version. Seriously, if you can, compare the two.

No e-mail from Nintendo but I assume that's because my registration went smoothly

The Peeps, you might want to double check. When I registered my copy I received an email from Nintendo confirming that I had requested the soundtrack CD.

The e-mail read:

"Thank you for registering The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for Nintendo 3DS!

Your free The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Original Soundtrack CD will be shipped to the following address...

Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery"

Anyhow, completed the game earlier. Forgot how fantastic the end credits were and the orchestrated piece at the end is incredible. Little annoyed with myself that it only took me a week but, oh well. I've got an empty bottle and a few heart pieces to find and I can always just start again on Master Quest.

Didn't get an e-mail about it yet, but I just registered for the soundtrack. Just go to the Club Nintendo page and an image appeared at the top that takes you to the page to put your details in.

Hmm, I am not seeing any image at the top :confused: Any chance somebody could post a link? (If using firefox just right click on the offer image/banner, click 'copy link location' and then right click and paste the link)

Just got my copy of this delivered :D only £19.99 as well (deal's gone now though I'm afraid)

Actually the deal is still available :smile:

For anyone interested see here for details:-

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/legend-zelda-ocarina-time-nintendo-3ds-19-99-gzoop-priceminister/963084

Direct link to offer:-

http://www.priceminister.co.uk/offer?action=desc&aid=229412193

Dont forget Quidco/Topcashback for even more savings!

Edited by Link83

Caught the Hylian Loach :D First time ever in my 13 years of OoT playing

Awesome, I know that feeling, haha... how long you spend trying to get it?

Awesome, I know that feeling, haha... how long you spend trying to get it?

I decided to try and went in and spotted it after the fourth entry in, then it took about half an hour for it to decide to follow my sinking lure, then about 5 minutes of reeling in

Worth it all for the 50 Rupees

I've never really gotten into fishing in Zelda, the endless reeling in bores me to tears