NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

GAME are usually really good. But if you absolutely must have it on or before release date, order in plenty of time and from ShopTo. They have a release date guarantee, and will compensate you £3 if they don't get it to you on the day.

Indeed. For Hardware, I've always had it on launch day from GAME, but this is the first time with software that I have had to wait til launch day from them

Just redid the forest temple boss whilst spinning around on my office chair. Good god, that was incredible.

Question.

Those who pre-ordered from GAME and then ended up buying from somewhere else as it didn't arrive on time...

Has it actually turned up yet?

Yes, I bought one from Tesco on Friday and the one from GAME turned up on Saturday. I've yet to receive the pre-order bonuses.

Had a couple of really lame replies to my complaints:

We aim to deliver all pre-orders on the release date. To do this we start despatching pre-orders two days before the release date. Unfortunately as you chose our free delivery service we can not guarantee that this will arrive in time, especially with the large amount of orders generated by big titles such as The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time.

So, they're blaming me for choosing free delivery. Bastards. I won't use them again.

So this has entered the chart at no.2 on the all formats so that's not too bad really.

But according to Eurogamer, it sold almost as much in that one weekend as the biggest selling 3DS title has sold in its entirety - that game being Pilotwings - which is both a testament to this game and at the same time showing up the lackluster sales of other titles that it can match 12 weeks worth of sales in a weekend.

That's great. It just goes to show not everything has to be Call of Duty or Wii Fit. People still want awesome traditional games too.

Personally, I thought the 3DS launch line-up was good, but I could understand it if they weren't system sellers. Flying about an island system is great if you already love the machine (which I do), and Street Fighter IV was also superb, but people still want something as excellent as Zelda before they'll shell out for hardware.

Amazing game, wonderful visuals, not lost any of its charm.

There's some seriously dodgy 3D in the Chamber of Sages though.

Tried playing OoT yesterday but I was sooooo hunover the 3D just made me feel even worse, and I didn't want to play without the 3D on. So I think I'll have a long session on it tonight.

I think the 3D itself is good, it's just that OOT is so action-packed, it's hard to keep your hands still, highlighting the small sweet spot of the 3DS.

Anyone done Nintendo's survey about this game yet? It's great: Very in-depth and a chance to tell them how much we want games like this.

Amazing game, wonderful visuals, not lost any of its charm.

There's some seriously dodgy 3D in the Chamber of Sages though.

Ah, thought that was just me.

I love the 3D in this game, the items you get pop out, various bits pop out, it's in-depth but the sweet spot seems narrower than on most other 3DS games, I keep losing it and in the chamber of the sages, it is always ghosting.

Still love it despite that.

I did get my pre-order bonus today :)

We would like to update our Club Nintendo members who have attempted to register their The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D title with Club Nintendo over the weekend in order to take part in the bonus soundtrack CD promotion.

Unfortunately, we encountered a technical issue with our Club Nintendo website and this resulted in an error for some customers when trying to claim the promotional soundtrack CD from Friday afternoon until today, Monday, June 20th. This issue is now solved, but we would like to extend our sincere apologies to all Club Nintendo members who encountered this problem.

Our The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D CD Soundtrack promotion continues to run until June 30th, 2011. All European Club Nintendo members may register for and receive a bonus soundtrack CD until that date. We will be in contact soon with Club Nintendo members who registered their software, but were not able to enter their details for the soundtrack CD, with information on how to proceed in order to receive the CD.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/club_nintendo_the_legend_of_zelda_cd_soundtrack_promotion__technical_issue__43333.html

That's great. It just goes to show not everything has to be Call of Duty or Wii Fit. People still want awesome traditional games too.

The bad part of this charting at No. 2 in the All Formats Chart was finding out that Zumba Fitness beat it to No. 1 (albeit with a full weeks sales against a day or so but it does seem that games sales in general are down heavily in the UK).

----------------------------

Have just become Adult Link and gotten the Hookshot in my file, after 8 hours 40 mins of play. Have been scouring for heart pieces and gold skulltulas, although clearly not to the same level as others but then I didn't do it when I played it originally so I don't have any knowledge of where to find most of them. I'm enjoying it but the circle pad controls for slingshot/hookshot/bow are shockingly bad. Worse than I remember. They really should have been ironed out.

What are those yellow orbs that appear when you play the sun's song? Do they do anything? I don't remember anything about them.

What are those yellow orbs that appear when you play the sun's song? Do they do anything? I don't remember anything about them.

They replenish your health.

well that's good news hopefully we should get these emails soon then so we won't lose out on the CD.

In my own progress report, I was putting off becoming Adult Link for a while, I always feel bad about opening the Door of Time as I know whats gonna happen and always think "If I just leave this door closed, Ganondorf won't take over for the next seven years".

But finally got as much as I thought I could get done without moving on. Just finished up the Forest Temple... almost messed it up too on the boss. For some reason forgot what to do when he was on horse back and ended up with half a heart left when I remembered... managed to beat him then on that half heart :D

Few questions though... maybe I'm confusing areas/games but I could have sworn there was a heart piece on top of the shop in the Kokori village that the hover plant gave access too.. but there was nothing when I went up there.

And also in the Lost Woods, the area with the bridge you cross over to get to Hyrule. The hover plant in there I thought brought you to a heart piece too... but there was nothing there now? Did they move some of the heart pieces?

I'm enjoying it but the circle pad controls for slingshot/hookshot/bow are shockingly bad. Worse than I remember. They really should have been ironed out.

They are depressingly slow. I don't mind using the motion for fine tweeking, but in a hectic boss fight I'm not going to have my arms held parallel with each other and twirl around.

My play.com preorder still hasn't arrived.

I'm hardly surprised for Play really.

They're the worst of the lot - though LAME is certainly catching them.

I'm not the threatening kind, but if this game does not arrive tomorrow... well... I don't know what I will do really. :cry: <----- this.

My play.com preorder still hasn't arrived.

Hate to break this to you but expect it the back end of the week, i said earlier in this thread about my new vegas pre-order with them, it was dispatched 2 days before launch, and turned up the week after so 8 working days :confused:

nice i best get that email soon

They are depressingly slow. I don't mind using the motion for fine tweeking, but in a hectic boss fight I'm not going to have my arms held parallel with each other and twirl around.

I don't mind the motion, i can move just my head and arms and keep the 3d effect most of the time so its not an issue for me

this is the problem with 3D though, everyone's eye's are different and they get varying degrees of it, i've noticed the odd bit of ghosting when i had it help wrong, but yet others have no issue and other seem more ghosting still

Just got the game, I thought chuff it and go without foof for a week before I get paid. Eating rice and beans every week will be worth it!

Not got far, just got the sword and shield. The 3D and graphics are just amazing.

Cant believe it when I played the original as a kid it took me 6 whole months to get to this point. Why? Well I couldn't find a sword and never realised there was a small hole to crawl through. I remember searching the Lost Woods and the lot. Then one day I thought to give it another shot and then spotted the hole

...the rest they say is history! Cracking game!

Finished the Fire Temple, missed the compass and completed it without it, well I went back and got it before the boss. Battery went red afterwards so I stopped to recharge. Next up, the dreaded Water Temple!

Got my preorder bonus today from GAME, and now it looks like I might still get the soundtrack! E-mailed Nintendo on Saturday but haven't heard back yet. E-mailed GAME, but all I got was a default reply.

Only ghosting I've had is because I've moved.

Is it me, or does the Compass do nothing in this game? I seem to remember it telling you which rooms still hold keys, items etc, and yet I don't think it shows me anything in this 3DS version. Maybe the boss room, but that's it.

Also, can you not send bugs down the hole next to the man who sells Magic Beans?

The compass has always told you where you are in the map, door you used to enter room and where treasure chests are.

Is it me, or does the Compass do nothing in this game? I seem to remember it telling you which rooms still hold keys, items etc, and yet I don't think it shows me anything in this 3DS version. Maybe the boss room, but that's it.

Also, can you not send bugs down the hole next to the man who sells Magic Beans?

a link's awakening compass made a sound when you entered a room with a key, are you thinking of that?

The compass has always told you where you are in the map, door you used to enter room and where treasure chests are.

But does it tell you where treasure chests are in this game? I'm sure they'tre not visible. All it seems to do is make the room that I'm in flash (on the map, that is), I certainly can't tell which direction I'm facing or which door I entered from.

Maybe I'm just remembering OOT wrong and confusing it with other Zeldas.

I was putting off becoming Adult Link for a while, I always feel bad about opening the Door of Time as I know whats gonna happen and always think "If I just leave this door closed, Ganondorf won't take over for the next seven years".

... :blank: ...

But does it tell you where treasure chests are in this game? I'm sure they'tre not visible.

It shows you where they are on the map. It makes finding hidden ones with the Lens of Truth really easy. :D