NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

what a game :) went into town yesterday to pick up a copy

Mananged to get the cd just before the errors thankfully.

Edited by yesteryeargames

And next time I play on it will involve a series of excessive crying, childish tantrums, and angrily throwing my 3ds around the room. Yes thats right... it's nearly time for the water temple without a guide.

I don't get why anyone would use a guide in the first place! They ruin games as a whole and the water temple's was never that hard!

When I beat ghoma and held up the heart piece, the 3D was dodgy, could just see the two images... This happen with anyone else?

I just need this game. I cant get it though until payday, which is at the end of the month :-(. Seems like I will have no chance of getting the CD

When I beat ghoma and held up the heart piece, the 3D was dodgy, could just see the two images... This happen with anyone else?

yeah had that the odd time, i usually switch 3d off for a bit then back on, not sure if it's my eye's or the game:hmm:

Not playing any further in this until a code is found to unlock the Master Quest or I can trade for a version with the Master Quest opened. There is no way I can play through this title twice. The Master Quest really should have been made available from the beginning.

I'm seeing a very faint ghost image of Link to his left and right when 3D is on. I'm looking at the screen in the perfect position but there's still this odd ghosting. Anyone else?
Yeah, I'm getting quite a bit of crosstalk on this game too. For me it happens mainly when Link is against a dark background.

The only thing you can do is reduce the level of 3D, or try to readjust the way your eyes focus on the screen (easier said than done :heh:).

Having played for a bit more I've also noticed that the game does actually run slightly better in 2D mode, it also applies anti-aliasing so all of the jaggies that are present while the 3D is on disappear as well.

Even so, I'm still playing it in 3D as the difference in frame rate is negligible and some of the 3D effects are just too good to miss.

So I'm going to play the regular quest in 3D and then do Master quest in 2D. ;)

Which option are most people using to look around/aim with? I'm mainly sticking with the traditional method (due to playing with 3D on), but I really do like the gyroscope controls too.

It's great fun spinning around on my office chair to get 360° views of Hyrule. :D

Also making me even more excited for the Wii U and to see how they expand on that feature for being able to see all around the game environment from any angle! :bouncy:

Not playing any further in this until a code is found to unlock the Master Quest or I can trade for a version with the Master Quest opened. There is no way I can play through this title twice. The Master Quest really should have been made available from the beginning.

You make it sound as if it's a punishment to play though the game twice.

Got to the fire temple. Those corridors in the Forest Temple looked incredible.

I've got the 3D on full all the time.

Edited by Cube

I was only able to complete the shooting gallery by using the gyroscope controls, it's really well done :)

You make it sound as if it's a punishment to play though the game twice.

Got to the fire temple. Those corridors in the Forest Temple looked incredible.

It's not that it's a chore, it's that I completed it for the third time about a year ago and want toake this experience different( even if only slightly). This is my favourite game and I don't want to rush through just to make the option available.

It's not that it's a chore, it's that I completed it for the third time about a year ago and want toake this experience different( even if only slightly). This is my favourite game and I don't want to rush through just to make the option available.

I hear ya. Played the original so many times with 100% that not sure if I'd want to make another run, and then MQ again...the option to skip straight to MQ would indeed be pretty desirable!

When does everyone actually go to Lake Hylia? I'm never quite sure when you're supposed to go. As yet I've only dived through the gateway in Zora's Domain, grabbed the bottle and left... but I feel that's a really wierd introduction to such an awesome place... you don't even get a cutscene of the lake doing it that way.

Do people visit before hand? Will you visit again after Zora's Domain... or carry on as normal and come back at a later stage?

I suppose. I've only completed it once, and not 100%

When does everyone actually go to Lake Hylia? I'm never quite sure when you're supposed to go. As yet I've only dived through the gateway in Zora's Domain, grabbed the bottle and left... but I feel that's a really wierd introduction to such an awesome place... you don't even get a cutscene of the lake doing it that way.

I usually don't get the cutscene until later on. When it's all ugly.

In the Fire Temple just now, really liking the look of it so far. Ahhh this game is awesome. It's funny how much little changes i've picked up on that makes the experience more fresh.

In the Fire Temple just now, really liking the look of it so far. Ahhh this game is awesome. It's funny how much little changes i've picked up on that makes the experience more fresh.

That's where i'm about to head next. I've been spending most of the time doing a few sidequests ad getting heart pieces. I can't believe I actually missed learning Epona's song when I was kid Link. Shame on me.

This is going to sound n00by, but I DID say I was crap. Last time I played it was this morning.

I did the Deku Tree, and was told to head for Hyrule Castle. Guard won't let me in and I looked everywhere and dunno wtf to do now. HALPS!

This is going to sound n00by, but I DID say I was crap. Last time I played it was this morning.

I did the Deku Tree, and was told to head for Hyrule Castle. Guard won't let me in and I looked everywhere and dunno wtf to do now. HALPS!

All about the stealth!

Climb up the vines on the corner after you leave the market square on your way to the castle. Drop down inside the gateway... then proceed to sneak past the guards.

Just entered the water temple. Spent some time on what I remembered to be a colossal fetch quest: The one for the Biggoron Sword. It's a lot shorter than I remember.

The 3D in the Volvagia battle was very good. I wonder if we'll meet her in Skyward Sword.

Did the 'learning the song of time' scene always go like that? Zelda playing it, then the scene passing over to you in the foreground?

I'm seeing a very faint ghost image of Link to his left and right when 3D is on. I'm looking at the screen in the perfect position but there's still this odd ghosting. Anyone else?

Yes, it seems to be the big issue with this game's 3D. I must admit, I am in constant indecision as to whether I should have it on or off. In some ways it feels like you can have it on full, but because of the double-image, I only have it on about 20%.

I don't get why anyone would use a guide in the first place! They ruin games as a whole and the water temple's was never that hard!

Agreed. There was just one bit I didn't think there were enough clues about in the original. As for the actual mechanics of that dungeon... no problem.

So I'm going to play the regular quest in 3D and then do Master quest in 2D. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. :)

Which option are most people using to look around/aim with? I'm mainly sticking with the traditional method (due to playing with 3D on), but I really do like the gyroscope controls too.

Traditional. It's the only way I could win the Slingshot game.

Anyway, I must say, all the negativity of the late delivery has gone now, and I just love this game. It's so well-designed, I hope it puts an end to the claims that love for OOT is just "nostalgia".

The only problems I had (apart from the 3D) is that my hand just doesn't fit as snugly around the 3DS as it does an N64 or GameCube controller, and as such I got cramp. However, that is not the game's fault, and could conceivably be fixed by a better-designed 3DS.

Controls aside, this version is better in every way: sharp resolution, smooth framerate, Link actually looks like the concept art and, best of all, the movement is so fast and fluid, making up for the PAL conversions we used to have.

Sheer bliss.