NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Also looks like the intro to me.

Need folk at the show floor to clarify this. I'd imagine this would be something they'd be asking a fair bit about.

Remake of...the pre-'Press Start to continue' video?

Could be a technical demo. Wait and see ne?

Unbelievable if true. Not only Zelda in 3D, but OOT updated with more modern visuals and a more vibrant look, drooooooooollll.

Would Nintendo really tease people by making a tech demo of one of the most popular games of all time... and then not release it as an actual remake?

hopefully someone will ask at the round table later

Oh ya thats when they annouced smash bros yes?

When is that on?

Could it potentially be they're planning on doing more of a port type release, but decided to upgrade the textures and a few of the key models? Rather than an actual remake.

Nope. Tech demo.

This isn't getting remade. Was to show off hardware and how easy it is to make previous games 3D.

Nope. Tech demo.

This isn't getting remade. Was to show off hardware.

Id' be very suprised if it wasn't launched with the machine though.

was very surprised not to see a warioware.. That's usually nintendos "tech demo" game to show off hardware.

was very surprised not to see a warioware.. That's usually nintendos "tech demo" game to show off hardware.

That or Mario 64 3DS is what I was expecting.

From Roundtable:

Posted 6:54 PST

He says the 3DS version will make this process much easier.

Posted 6:54 PST

He apologizes for the long time it took to change out of iron boots going through the Water Temple.

Posted 6:53 PST

He asks how many people have played Ocarina of Time. ALL the hands go up.

I have been hit with a big ball of nostalgia now...I hope to be hearing this music right away xD

I didn't comment until now because it hadn't confirmed yet...

But Holy Everything, this is amazing. I'm not one to have big expectations about a game, but dammit, I demand this game to be as extensive as (or even more than) the original OoT! Or have Master Quest as an unlockable! Or any kind of decent extra content! Or everything of the above! :bouncy:

I need this game. Actually, I just need the 3DS.

I didn't comment until now because it hadn't confirmed yet...

But Holy Everything, this is amazing. I'm not one to have big expectations about a game, but dammit, I demand this game to be as extensive as (or even more than) the original OoT! Or have Master Quest as an unlockable! Or any kind of decent extra content! Or everything of the above! :bouncy:

I need this game. Actually, I just need the 3DS.

Miyamoto said they're planning on doing very little to change the actual game. Its more just the graphics, ect. that will be upgraded.

I can't find the exact quote, but he basically said while they were porting a few N64 games to the 3DS, they weren't actively developing the games in the sense of additions to the original game.

I'll try and look for it again latter.

I have inner hopes that this might get the change to be the fully completed OOT we expected all these years ago, like getting the Tri-Force and shutting the Doors of Time.

Then if they were really nice, let us use the medallions from the temples and go to the light realm. Is it my imagination or what, but for some feeling I feel like there was to be 2 more extra temples? I'm not sure if i'm mixing up the OOT beta restoration or it's just the 2 from WW. A sky temple or Light Temple or something. Edit - Oh yeah, and the supposed dungeon under the frozen Zora's domain, perhaps to unfreeze it.

Then there was that Unicorn fountain.

Ah the joys of this :heh:

Edited by ShadowV7

I really wouldn't get your hopes up about such drastic changes at that. It'll never happen, in fact I've never even heard of OOT being incomplete.

WW is the one that wasn't finished when it was released, with two temples missing, one before the tower of the gods, and one after. Big shame.

If you look at a lot of the content in OoT and MM, its almost as if MM was put together with stuff they just couldn't fit into Ocarina of time. For instance, you had all the Race masks in OoT, but they didn't do anything. There were a few other things as well. Just an idea though. At the same time, OoT never once felt like it was unfinished.

I'm not getting my hopes up at all, it would just be awesome.

OOT had a fair bit cut out from it, there's bits of code in there for things you can't reach/get to in the game. Quick google and you'll see how much there is. It it wasn't fully complete, that much i'm sure of because it does seem like stuff just got pulled out from the game.

Edited by ShadowV7

OOT had a fair bit cut out from it, there's bits of code in there for things you can't reach/get to in the game. Quick google and you'll see how much there is. It it wasn't fully complete, that much i'm sure of because it does seem like stuff just got pulled out from the game.

I don't think they were cut, more like not used. Doesn't mean they were meant to be used for anything.

triforce.jpg

:D

Seriously though, I don't know why'd anyone would expect more than a graphical update... Nintendo have enough games thier bringing to DS... and I'd rather they focused the majority of their efforts on the new games like Paper Mario etc...