NEurope
dwarf

[E3 2010] Sony Conference General Thread

loved twisted metal as a kid. Steam is a massive move, and -- is that right -- move and nav are cheaper to buy separately?

What was the subscription thing mentioned above? Sorry to bring it all up. Sounds like a great conference, there! Thanks for writing it up.

No problemo. Plus is the subscription thing. Cookyman has the dets up on the previous page.

Cross game chat has also been confirmed for the 22nd of this month.

Sorry, whats the deal with Kevin Butler?!

Not that impressed to be honest. Intersted in the move stuff but nothing else to be honest... oh! Is Ico and SotC really getting packaged and brought out? If so that's awesome/

@jay = No the bundle includes the Eyetoy and the Sports Champions game I think, so it is cheaper.

He's just awesome.

They really did just rip into Microsoft. Didn't pull any punches. It was an amusing bit of stand up.

MOVE supported games:

September 2010

Sports Champions

Eye Pet

Kung Fu Rider

Start the Party!

echochrome 2 (PSN)

Tumble (PSN)

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 11 (Electronic Arts)

Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios)

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (WB Games Inc.)

Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave)

Resident Evil®5 Gold Edition (Capcom)

Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco)

R.U.S.E. (Ubisoft)

October 2010

Hustle Kings

PAIN (PSN)

TV Superstars

The Fight: Lights Out

The Shoot

High Velocity Bowling (PSN)

Heavy Rain

NBA® 2K11 (2K Sports)

Kung Fu LIVE (Virtual Air Guitar Company)

November 2010

Sly Collection

SingStar Dance

LittleBigPlanet 2

Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Crave)

Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney Interactive Studios)

Fall 2010

Beat Sketcher (PSN)

SOCOM 4

John Daly’s ProStroke Golf (OG International)

Racquet Sports (Ubisoft)

TBA 2011

Sorcery

Heroes on the Move

Killzone 3

Edited by Daft

Not that impressed to be honest. Intersted in the move stuff but nothing else to be honest... oh! Is Ico and SotC really getting packaged and brought out? If so that's awesome/

I have no idea myself...

I weren't impressed with it at all. I thought Killzone 3 looked great and the whole 3D thing was cool but other than that, it's a blatant rip-off of the Wii. I just love how Sony were going on like they were the first people ever to invent motion gaming. But yeah, I wasn't really impressed.

I suppose if you sumarise the conference it wasn't bad at all but bloody hell was that torture to watch.

Content was mostly good, presentation was very variable. Tretton was decent, Kev was awesome, even though he didn't really have anything meaningful to say, and the other bloke was dire.

When Sorcery was demoed I thought 'oh shit', but it actually looks fairly good, I like how his arm/hand was always angled and moving in real time and the ideas showed that it wasn't just quickly knocked up to support the controller (even if it is, kind of).

I suppose if you sumarise the conference it wasn't bad at all but bloody hell was that torture to watch.

The PSP bit was torture (and took waaaaay too long). The second half was pretty good, though. They went back to showing game after game.

And Twisted Metal looks siiiiick! :heh: Although Choze just posted about Journey and I think my heart wept with joy, a little. flower would have been my GOTY if it hadn't been for Uncharted 2.

I didn't think their conference was that good at all but then didn't expect it to be much more as so much was announced before hand and seriously what the was with Marcus and the PSP don't they realise its dead?!

I think the LittleBigPlanet 2 announcement should have been saved for the conference, would have made for a good finish.

I thought his speech was pretty cool. A bit over the top but he really drove home that he understood that great games are what matters. And it was really bold for him to say that gaming itself is more important than console rivalries or anything like that.

I thought his speech was pretty cool. A bit over the top but he really drove home that he understood that great games are what matters. And it was really bold for him to say that gaming itself is more important than console rivalries or anything like that.

Isn't he a fictional character? All he has to do is act.

It doesn't matter, he spoke for the company and it was refreshing to hear them to speak boldly about gaming as a whole. I was also impressed when Reggie said "touch controllers, motion controllers and no controllers at all", in an almost admirable way. It's nice to see the industry show a real interest in pushing the boundaries of what technology can offer gaming at the moment, even if it's only a corporate machine wearing a mask.

Where is Motorstorm 3?

Right here!

Oh and while we're on the subject of driving games:

My fave part of the conference was this - seeing Valve eat humble pie and making up for it in a big way

Edited by Cookyman
Automerged Doublepost

No I'm genuinely asking. WHo is this guy? His story? Didn't know he had a bit of a following.

No I'm genuinely asking. WHo is this guy? His story? Didn't know he had a bit of a following.

The internet has all your answers - Google is your friend as is this:

Wikipedia reference-linkKevin_Butler_(character)

I think Sony missed a good to really capture the core gamer in a strong way.

Despite that I think they pulled a good show.

Just wanted to clear something up with Plus (I wasn't sure this was the case so I thought I'd post it hear for other people wondering).

I understand that if your subscription to PlaystationPlus ends then you lose access to the free games you have gained, but what if you then re-subscribe at a later date? Would you regain access to the games you previously had on your prior subscription, or is access to those games lost forever if your subscription ends?

you would regain acess to all the games you previously had if you re-subscribe at a later date

I'm definitely going to give the one year a go. Free download of LBP and I buy so much off PSN some free games and discounts would suit me well.

I'm gonna give the 90 days trial a go and see what its has to offer if I'm impressed then I will pony up to the year long.

Valve plans to have cross-platform co-op between PS3 and PC/Mac for Portal 2

When questioned on the cross-compatibility between Steamworks and Steam, specifically playing co-op on a computer with someone on a PS3, he said it was "something the team is gunning for." We also confirmed with Valve developer Mike Dunkle who said "The plan is you will be able to play between console and PC."

I hope they pull it off. Sounds like keyboard and Mouse may also be in. Pretty sweet move.

I think Sony missed a good to really capture the core gamer in a strong way.

Couldnt disagree more. They were practically the only truly core orientated hardware company this time round.