NEurope
dwarf

[E3 2010] Sony Conference General Thread

The only thing I've been wanting is Resistance 3, and it's the only thing that hasn't showed :(

Not a bad conference I guess, had pacing issues though and I didnt care about the 3D stuff at all though

Average overall. I think Nintendo 'won' this year's E3, but it wasn't as exciting or special as it usually is.

Average overall. I think Nintendo 'won' this year's E3, but it wasn't as exciting or special as it usually is.

For me Kevin Butler won it.

Quick update:

Valve has sent along a press release confirming Steamworks integration in the PS3 version -- the only console version featuring that functionality, actually -- providing the game with "auto updates, community features, downloadable content, and more."

Cut out the PSP shit and it was awesome.

Steam is awesome. I hope the whole thing comes to PS3 and not just Portal and the cloud stuff.

Loved all the free exclusives the PS3 is getting with some games - very nice!

Remastered versions of Medal of Honor Frontline and Dead Space: Extraction are coming exclusively to the PlayStation 3 thanks to a deal between Sony and EA announced at E3.

PlayStation 2 classic Medal of Honor Frontline will be bundled with the limited edition of this year's Medal of Honor reboot, while the Dead Space 2 Limited Edition will come with a remastered and PlayStation Move enabled version of Wii shooter Dead Space: Extraction.

Edited by Cookyman

Besides Sorcery, were there any new games announced that i missed? I tuned out after they started talking about the PSP.

I know its multiplatform but i really want that new Mortal Kombat!

Also, very happy with all the Move support. Way way more then I'd ever hoped for.

Infamous 2 looked awesome. I was never that excited for the first game but I am for this.

Twisted Metal also looked insane.

Rather meh until Twisted Metal was shown. They went middle of the road, nothing exciting like Nintendo and nothing eye gougingly terrible like Microsoft.

I know its multiplatform but i really want that new Mortal Kombat!

That was one awesome fatality!

Also, 'Heroes on Move' (awful awful name) looks fun. I can always do with more Ratchet & Clank.

Brilliant conference, I do feel the need for a PS3 now.

Looking at the conference at another angle though, absolutely shocked and mortified on the PSP situation if I was an investor right now.

The thing has been hacked to shit, number of games that you cannot pirate are in the single digits, although I found the campaign to be launched quite funny, let's face it, the attention is now focussing on what new is being put forward now that a rival company has put out some thing pretty powerful.

Or this could be further confirmation Sony is going to business with a different strategy.. the mobile phone/gaming market.

Unlockable Beards is trending on twitter.

Lolz.

The Medal of Honour demonstration just showed that its multiplayer is the exact same as DICE's Bad Company 2, only with predator missiles.

Conference was good once the PS3 games came back. PS3 was the strength of the show, PSP was a dead weight. Move was good, very impressed. Lots of current hardcore games have support anyway so that is good!

It seemed to be Sony wants to stick with the core which i like. 3d support is necessary as they will be in more homes sooner than people think. So overall i like their 'high end console' strategy and not ignoring 3d. Not worth abandoning for motion :p

Flip side. Poor pacing and too much talking. Too much on standard mutliplatform games. Too much PSP. Some exclusive games are at e3 with trailers/gameplay but they werent shown (Last Guardian, Motorstorm 3 , Singstar Dance, etc.). So not as good as Nintendo's conference but there are crap ton of games at e3 to see or download.

The Medal of Honour demonstration just showed that its multiplayer is the exact same as DICE's Bad Company 2, only with predator missiles.

you mean CODs? Its nothing like Bad Company.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah I wanted to see more from the main 1st party titles that were shown last E3. There was only around 3 seconds of footage for Motorstorm: Apocalypse when really they could've had a few minutes worth.

The PSP has comepletely died, the campaign in a way sums up why it's so bad.

The best news of that conference for me was Killzone 3 having Move support.

It says something that Sony can do a 2 hour conference and happily breeze over some of their main franchises like Resistance and Motorstorm.

Anyone got a break down of PSN+? I wasn't too clear on what exactly it was.

Yeah I wanted to see more from the main 1st party titles that were shown last E3. There was only around 3 seconds of footage for Motorstorm: Apocalypse when really they could've had a few minutes worth.

The PSP has comepletely died, the campaign in a way sums up why it's so bad.

The best news of that conference for me was Killzone 3 having Move support.

Me too. Hopefully I'll be better with a motion controller.

Anyone got a break down of PSN+? I wasn't too clear on what exactly it was.

Playstation plus

£11.99 for 90 days, £39.99 for 12 months – you purchase it through the PlayStation Store.

When you stop paying you loose the access to what you have downloaded

From 29th June you’ll be able to purchase a 1 year or 90-day membership from PlayStation Store and instantly get your hands on the following premium features. Plus, if you sign up for a 1 year membership between 29th June and 3rd August, we’ll also throw in a free downloadable copy of the award winning LittleBigPlanet.

Games:

As a member you can expect to get your hands on at least four games a month at no extra charge. Each month there will be a selection of one PSN game, two minis and one PS one classics available on PlayStation Store for you to download. You also get premium avatars and dynamic themes each month, many of which are exclusive to members.

Talking of exclusive, there will also be discounts available on loads of PlayStation Store content, just for members, so make the most of them as these will change each month as well.

Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in some selected demos and beta trials before they go live to the public so you can be the one to tell all your mates about the next big game they ‘must’ get.

Just the games, avatars and themes alone are worth at least £200* per year, so even before the other benefits, this service is great value for money

Full Game Trial:

This premium feature gives you the chance to try PSN and Blu-ray disc titles before you buy them in a whole new way. We are not talking normal demos of selected parts of a game here. With Full Game Trial, you can download the full game and play it as if you owned it for approximately one hour, depending on the game, before you decide if you want to buy it or not. So you can check out the online modes, play against friends or anything else you’d normally do with a game.

The other great thing is that your progress and trophies from the trial will all be unlocked if you buy the game so no need to go back and start again.

Automatic Download:

We wanted to offer members the speediest service possible so sign up and you can set your PS3 to automatically receive the latest game updates for all the games you play, PS3 system software updates and even have game demos sent directly to your PS3 without lifting a finger.

Just set the time you want to receive them and your PS3 will automatically wake up and download everything, ready for when you next want to play. No more waiting to play your favourite game because there is a new patch or having to remember when the latest system software is launching, let your PS3 do the work.

Edited by Cookyman

woah woah woah!

I missed the conference. What's this live-esque subscription fee, here? Could anyone summarise the conference for me while I wait for a suitible time to watch a summary video somewhere... Missed teh ninty one too, and am afraid of the fanboyism in teh ninty board :o

Full Game Trial sounds good.

woah woah woah!

I missed the conference. What's this live-esque subscription fee, here? Could anyone summarise the conference for me while I wait for a suitible time to watch a summary video somewhere... Missed teh ninty one too, and am afraid of the fanboyism in teh ninty board :o

Killzone 3 Live Demo

Playstation move support for Killzone 3

Sly Collection

Crysis 2, Mortal Combat and NBA2k11 all in 3D

15 years of PS

7.3 million Ps2s last year

Socom and NBA, both 3D and 2D on disk

40 developers making 3D games

3rd person action adventurer game for move, Sorcery with Live demo Coming in 2011

Move Sports games

Heroes on the Move announced taking characters from Sly, ratchet, jak

Coca-Cola ad deal with PS Move

Kevin Butler on stage, ripping into MS. Pretty much doing stand up.

Launch date for PS Move September 15th Europe and September 19 for America.

Price Breakdown 49.99 dollars Move, 29.99 for nav and 99.99 for the bundle.

First party titles 39.99 and a 399 bundle with console.

Time Crisis announced

Trailer of heaps of games for PS Move

New Ad campaign

Invisimals

God of War: Trailer nice

Tron, Kingdom Hearts, Toy story, UFC unleashed, GOW Ghost of Sparta

Patapon 3 , PSP eye pet and lots more shown for PSP

50m registered users for PSN

Tester season 2

Sweet home space with all E3 content available

LBP 2 live, Staggering amount of custimisation

Playstation Plus detailed will be released later this month with a subscription based concept.

Medal Of Honour exclusive content and will launch on October 12th

Limited edition exclusive to PS3 with a remake of the 2002 Medal Of Honour

Game on the Disc

Dead Space 2 Live Demo

Dead Space 2 Limited edition pack for PS3 with Dead Space Extraction on the disk

Portal 2! With Gabe talking about steam

Will be the best version on any console

Final Fantasy 14

Exclusive content of Mafia 2

Exclusive content of Assassins Creed, in form of Beta

Multiplayer trailer

November 16th

Gran Turismo 5 Releasing November 2nd

Infamous 2, with Ice abilities - 2011

Twisted Metal announced

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

Just for the record, possibly my favourite E3 memory:

That video is just brilliant. You have to watch it all to get the full comic effect. Every time that rhino turns up... Favourite bit though is the based on real history Japanese battles and the giant crab turning up. And then the power of the PS3 lets you do real time weapon changes...couldn't write a better comedy than that!!!

Had to miss the entire conference due to internet issues and due to having a crap ton of Nintendo related stuff to post elsewhere.

Only thing I really wanted to see was the Last Guardian and it sounds like it wasn't shown, which is a real shocker as it's really THE game I'm looking forward to on the PS3.

Did see the Kevin Butler bit though. :laughing: That was awesome : peace: