NEurope
Ashley

Starfox 64 3D

I've still had no word from GAME as to what is happening with my order. I'm gonna give them a ring tomorrow morning and give thm hell.

Same. Going to wait til the post comes, just in case. However, if not then I'm cancelling and walking into town

Edit: Just got an e-mail with my order details and they've taken the money. It doesn't say it has been dispatched or anything

Edited by Serebii

Yes the hut for a bargain price of £27.50 too :) played through single player twice now and its still as awesome as ever .

Took me 2 attempts to beat Andross, second time he went down in about 30 seconds :o Still haven't learnt how to take him down effectively yet.

Quick question since mine hasn't arrived yet since GAME are being artards

The "multiplayer" mode...I heard that you can play it against the computer rather than other players. Is there any truth to this?

Well the 'standard' post has arrived today - junk mail etc - but the 'second' batch which only arrives when there's a lot of parcels to be delivered in the village - which I reckon will be today - is yet to come so I'm still hopeful that I'll get this today.

What are peoples thoughts who have played it already? How improved would you say the game is over the original say...

Graphics are very nice, lava planet has some nice effects.

"New" voices sound fine to me, Slippy sounds different to me but to be honest I can't really remember his old voice.

I don't like the gyro controls for this game, prefer the slide pad. Might have to try out the gyro controls more later. You do have to calibrate the gyro controls as well (like Wii Sports Resort / Wario Ware twisted).

Otherwise I'd say it plays the same as the N64 version.

The ability to replay any stage is very nice.

Didn't arrive :( Fucking GAME

Or perhaps not. GAME's twitter is indicating that pre-orders this week were all sent yesterday with parcelforce and should arrive before 5pm

Or not;

Unfortunately there has been an issue with our Order Despatch system

and your order has been delayed.

Your order is on it's way but it will not arrive on release day.

We understand your disappointment and as a gesture of goodwill we will

be crediting £5 to your Payment Card.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Well this finally arrived for me around lunch time and I've just finished it for the first time on the 3DS, I went for the left-most route, got the proper end-boss and finished with 889 hits with no continues. :awesome:

Not bad for a first play-through I reckon. :)

This game is simply fun, fun, fun.

Although I'm a tad rusty at it (I still selected N64 mode).

OMG! They actually voiced the Raccoon in the training mode.

And his voice is AWESOME!!! YES! :love:

Whats everyone playing on 3ds or n64 mode? is n64 mode more difficult

3DS mode is easy. N64 is same as the original.

The "multiplayer" mode...I heard that you can play it against the computer rather than other players. Is there any truth to this?

Just tested it. Yes, you can play it against the computer. The four levels are visually very impressive, and there are a decent amount of options.

Although I'm sure the original had a mode where it put a load of enemies in as targets.

Just tested it. Yes, you can play it against the computer. The four levels are visually very impressive, and there are a decent amount of options.

Although I'm sure the original had a mode where it put a load of enemies in as targets.

Just played Corneria... the secret way didn't work.

Controls will take some getting used to - you go too far when you hold L or R while turning (when you let go you carry on for longer than you should tbh). Also when playing with N64 controls it's impossible to boost while charging your laser/locking on =\

And I can already tell the voices are going to get to me.

Had to turn the 3D off because I'm moving the screen around too much (only little bits but enough to annoy me). Will probably only use it for the scenes at the start and end of levels :(

Not saying I don't like the game though! The classic gameplay shines through despite these niggles!

ok, 3D on or off I'm having trouble with depth perception :nono:

Voices are grating me now... fight with Star Wolf... really bad English accent =\ doesn't fit at all.

Fox has the voice but is getting the expression all wrong lol.

Is it worth the monies people?

I could hook up my N64 in under five minutes and have this going with rumble pak. Is the 3DS enough to save my time?

Had a dabble last night when I got in and was loving it. What's the differences between the 3DS and N64 modes?

Had a dabble last night when I got in and was loving it. What's the differences between the 3DS and N64 modes?

^^^^ 3 posts up Dazzy.... 3 posts ^^^^

^^^^ 3 posts up Dazzy.... 3 posts ^^^^

:) I did see that, but is that all it is, ones more difficult and ones easier? Why don't they just have a normal and hard mode?

N64 Mode is just like on the N64

3DS Mode has Continues

Expert Mode...lord knows

Man I'm rusty. Falco died :(

Had to buy it, did Corneria earlier and got the vintage boss. Finished him easily.

No way in fuck am I going with gyro controls. It was stupid enough in Ocarina of Time, no way it's going to work in a heavy combat situation.

Story: 7.0

Design: 7.2

Gameplay: 7.8

Presentation: 7.1

Overall: 7.3

Looks like they've spruced up the graphics really well and the voice clips used in the review didn't sound as bad as the others I'd heard. Pity about the multiplayer but Lylat Wars was always about the single player campaign!

What a needlessly negative review... :blank:

Agreed.

The only thing they've got right is the lack of online. I've blasted through this three times already; I'm itching to take it online (it seems so perfectly suited too). But alas, it is not to be.

What a needlessly negative review... :blank:

Not watched this review from GT but the negative review seems to be a bit of a trend for them as it's happening with a lot of the games they're reviewing right now, but they're handing out good/great scores for the games. I think their explanation has been that they want to highlight the faults with a game rather than gush about how good it is but for the most part, it's not a great way to review any game unless it's obstensibly awful, which this doesn't seem to be. ::shrug:

I think that guy is mistaking his 9's with 7's ,

Whoa, it's not THAT good. I think some of his points are valid, ones which spring to mind are the weird shapes of the Arwings and the fact that "It was a great game then, but it's a good game now."