NEurope
Retro_Link

MGS: Snake Eater 3D (£9.95 @Zavvi)

I didn't feel like crying during teh ending of this as someone suggested earlier, but I went and watched the end of MGS4 (i'm never going to play it tbh as I hated it when I owned it before) and man, that ending hit hard, especially watching it so soon after just finishing MGS 3 :(

Having bought this on the 3DS, it is a good game. Ok, i am struggling with the controls a little. And it is impossible to play it silently in work, but it is a great game. And one that i'm probably going to conquere over this weekend.

I cleared Snake Eater on PS2 last night :hehe:

I perhaps made a mistake in going through the final sections when I was so tired and could barely open my eyes enough to see what I was doing. It made the final battle particularly difficult :indeed:

Overall, it was a very good game and would almost certainly be worth picking up on 3DS if you've never had a chance to play it before.. but it didn't do enough to convince me that it is the best game in the series, sadly :heh: I've played the original Metal Gear Solid, Sons of Liberty and now Snake Eater but the tactical espionage action on PS1 (and, of course, Twin Snakes on GC) has a special place in my heart that was never in danger of being replaced for the duration of MGS 3 :hehe:

@\-Dem0\- Thanks for that, I haven't yet. That price is pretty tempting! Though I might have to trade in a couple of other games first before looking to buy it. I imagine it would look pretty good on the 3DS XL! (of course I still need to be able to afford to buy that first aswell! :p)

The 3D effects of Snake Eater are fantastic from what i've seen. The controls can be a little fiddly, but once you've gone past that you've got yourself a good port.

I played the demo with the CPP, and the controls were pretty decent.

Although I've just realised I wouldn't be able to play it on the 3DS XL with the CPP...

... Fuck you and your stupid hardware designs Nintendo!

I played the demo with the CPP, and the controls were pretty decent.

Although I've just realised I wouldn't be able to play it on the 3DS XL with the CPP...

Yeah the controls with the CPP are excellent, however the only problem I had with the entire game so far is that the small screen of the 3DS makes it a bit hard to notice enemy sentries/soldiers especially in the jungle further into the game. So playing MGS3D on the XL would make it sooo much better, however as you said we'd need the XL CPP first.

The demo is good Retro_Link but the full game is just out-of-this-world-awesome. So what are you going to do?

Dammit.

We haven't had any news on a release for the XL CPP yet have we.

The reason I was considering the PS3 version was to play it on a larger screen... but then I loved the 3D visuals in the demo. So the XL certainly seems the perfect combination of the two... I guess I might just have to wait for the controller, I dunno.

I have the PS3 version but I've still purchased it (thanks to @\-Dem0\- for pointing it out) because I found the demo to be a much more playable version. Being able to crouch walk and change camo easily is so much better!

Being able to crouch walk and change camo easily is so much better!

Exactly! one of the best things I found with MGS3. Crouching being my favourite. The amount of times that helped me out, I wouldn't be able to count.

I had to jump on MGS 3D at that price :hehe: I may only have cleared the game on PS2 a few months ago, but I've been interested in taking it for another spin on 3DS when the price came down.. and that time has come :hehe: