NEurope
Retro_Link

MGS: Snake Eater 3D (£9.95 @Zavvi)

MGS on the gameboy was brilliant.

Looking forward to this as never played MGS3. Loved 1 and 4 though.

Agree with Mokong, I'd love some future games movies to come to the 3DS soon.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15519

News: More Metal Gear Solid 3DS Titbits

Looks like the 3DS version of Metal Gear Solid 3 is coming along nicely.

Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear franchise, has been tweeting a handful of thoughts on the development of Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D. A translation, courtesy of Andriasang, yields a couple of new titbits.

Firstly, the game will incorporate the 3DS' gyroscope controls. It isn't known exactly in what way the method will be utilised, but Kojima did tweet "I at last crossed the suspension bridge using the gyro controls".

Also, the handheld's touchscreen will be used instead of a traditional HUD. Here, players can switch weapons and check the game's map. You can get a sense of the game's interface in this newly-released screenshot.

9.jpg

"I at last crossed the suspension bridge using the gyro controls".

Doesn't exactly give you confidence in that control method!

I'm happy to see the changes in interface. The MGS system for handling weapons was very memory and definitely worked but it was definitely a solution to a problem.

Are we still going to have camera control like in Subsistance or are we back down to horrible top down camera?

Are we still going to have camera control like in Subsistance or are we back down to horrible top down camera?

We will undoubtedly have Camera control because now that they've worked into the games they can't seem to make a game without it for better or worse. I'm looking about you MGS:Portable Ops/Peace Walker.

Both of those games would be better with the top-down camera as the controls are ill suited to having camera control, and the 3DS controls are no different.

IGN =

It's been a year since we got to watch the Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D demo at E3 2010, and it's been all quiet from there. Today, news finally broke at Konami's pre-E3 press conference. While the full Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater game is included and still putting you in the boots of Naked Snake, the 2011 version is making use of its brand new platform's bells and whistles.

"Photo-Camo" will allow players to take a photo with the 3DS camera and use that image as in-game camouflage for Snake's outfit. No word on how this'll affect gameplay as the original game was big on matching the right camo with the right situation.

Another addition are parts of the game making use of the 3DS' gyro-sensor (the doodad in the handheld that can tell if it's being titled). When Snake comes to a narrow bridge or tree he needs to shimmy across, players will need to tilt their 3DS' to mimic Snake's balance. Otherwise, he'll fall to an untimely death.

The end of the Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D trailer also showed Snake stumble upon a Yoshi figurine. Is this a one of the Metal Gear Solid franchise's famous gags or a hint of a tie-in similar to Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence's Ape Escape content? We'll have to wait and see.

So the Naked sample turns into the MGS3: Snake Eater PS2 port in 3d while 360/PS3 gets HD version. :hmm:

Naked Sample:

jw0aD.jpg

QigxE.jpg

MGS 3D:

rhDcG.jpg

7qHeX.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Even with the Snake model not being as good as it is in the Naked Sample I still think it looks great. And some of the right sized screenshots look really nice.

You should see the reaction to this trailer and a bunch of over sized images over at neogaf, bunch drama queens.

I've just seen the trailer, my favourite bit?

... Yoshi at the end, couldn't stop laughing, classic. :laughing:

I've just seen the trailer, my favourite bit?

... Yoshi at the end, couldn't stop laughing, classic. :laughing:

I'm thinking Yoshi may have replaced the hidden frogs in the game.

I'm thinking Yoshi may have replaced the hidden frogs in the game.

MarioYoshi--article_image.jpg

I shot those guys for a long time....

Yeah it still looks pretty decent, and will do more so when playing it/in 3D as opposed to that video.

MGS series just feels dated to me though, it did in Twin Snakes and it does in the trailer.

Not really a fan of the series, but may get it sometime at a reduced price.

Metal Gear Solid is amazing but Sons of Liberty was a bit disappointing in comparison. I've been looking forward to sinking my teeth into Snake Eater for quite some time on the PS2 but after last year's E3, I've been wondering if I should hold out and experience it for the first time in 3D..

I think it'll be great whatever console I play it on :hehe:

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174012p1.html

Metal Gear Solid 3DS Doubles Card Size

Konami revealed at its E3 press conference that Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D will require a game card double the size of a standard 3DS game card. Hideo Kojima's 3D creation will ship on a 4GB card, when most 3DS cards are 2GB.

Probably just to fit the endless cutscenes on!

Although i was interested in replaying MGS3 i think that now they have revealed the pack for 360 and PS3 i wont be getting this version but more likely one of the home console versions.

Doesn't the 3DS version offer a slightly different gameplay experience though for people to play through it again? The 360/PS3 is just the same game with better graphics.

Doesn't the 3DS version offer a slightly different gameplay experience though for people to play through it again? The 360/PS3 is just the same game with better graphics.

They would have to be some massive differences in gaming to make me consider this version though. As i am looking at it from a money perspective i can get 3 games (Peace Walker -which i have never played, MGS2 and MGS3) for probably the same price as this.

A few screens have been released and man are some of them ugly.

hKpAt.jpg

ZTMwI.jpg

This game looked fantastic when it was first announced, granted it was a tech demo but still you have to wonder what Konami are doing. Just take a look at what Resident Evil: Revelations looks like and then compare it to this.

I don't get it.

The demo at E3 2010 was great, but even that just looked like it was based on an engine for Peace Walker, which is more than feasible to do on 3DS.

But then it seemed they changed their mind and couldn't be bothered actually doing any development, so they just ran the original PS2 game through a quick Port-a-tron machine.

Unfortunately it seems their Port-a-tron 2000 is absolute cack.

Bad show Konami. Bad show Kojima.

you have to wonder what Konami are doing.
I've been wondering what Konami have been doing since the late 90's and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. :blank:

Other than Eledees it's been a seriously poor showing from them (on Nintendo platforms anyway) for years now... icon13.gif

All I care about when it comes to Konami is Castlevania.

and out of the 5 Castlevania games I've played, they've never let me down.

Still, I became a fan of MGS after I've watched practically all the cutscenes of MGS4 on youtube.

That's all the experience I have with the franchise, but those clips made me realise how deep a story can be put into a game, and I immediately saw it as art.

So when I heard that the first of the series chronologically would be made available on the 3DS, I was hyped, and even more so after the first footage.

But now..........one can't help but wonder why those pics look like the cum of a gravy monster....:(

Edited by Fused King

no way konami are gonna get any money from me when this is released.

Lazy port, pure BS!!