NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Finally received the game through post today, and done all the GPs on 50cc with getting 2 stars for only the Mushroom Cup. With the rest I was able to get 3 stars all on my first try.

I must say, some of the new tracks are absolutely insane and I'm looking forward to experiencing them with you guys in the League or otherwise.

It looks better than the Wii version:)

Alas, I've cut into my gamer's-thumb when I was cooking, so will have a hard time racing for a bit......:(

Does anyone experience that the steering gets locked sometimes during online races? A numerous times when I try steering left or right the kart doesn't respond to it and I end up driving straight into the wall or off the track and that's getting quite frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone experience that the steering gets locked sometimes during online races? A numerous times when I try steering left or right the kart doesn't respond to it and I end up driving straight into the wall or off the track and that's getting quite frustrating to say the least.

It's not steering lock..sounds to me like you're getting serious lag. You're not heavily using the internet whilst you're playing are you?

It's not steering lock..sounds to me like you're getting serious lag. You're not heavily using the internet whilst you're playing are you?

It's particularly during online races I've experienced this. My wi-fi is turned on pretty much all the time whenever I use my 3DS so are you suggesting I might turn it off once in a while and it would solve the problem?

It's particularly during online races I've experienced this. My wi-fi is turned on pretty much all the time whenever I use my 3DS so are you suggesting I might turn it off once in a while and it would solve the problem?

No he means is there any other device/person (eg: someone on a laptop, Smartphone) or more using the internet at the same time you are playing MK7 online.... also what kind of strenght connection do you have

Oh, I see, thank you. (where do I find the "Like" or "Thanks" link on this message board, I can't find any?).''

Even if the wi-fi signal is supposed to be good/excellent, our household has sometimes up to five devices connected to the internet at a time so that might be it then? Guess I have to tell my spouse to get off the internet when I'm about to play MK7 online, she won't mind I'm sure haha. :D

Oh, I see, thank you. (where do I find the "Like" or "Thanks" link on this message board, I can't find any?).''

Even if the wi-fi signal is supposed to be good/excellent, our household has sometimes up to five devices connected to the internet at a time so that might be it then? Guess I have to tell my spouse to get off the internet when I'm about to play MK7 online, she won't mind I'm sure haha. :D

I have a similar problem when using wifi on the Wii when multiple devices are connected at once. Sometimes my Wii can't even get online on any game because of it!

Also, the "Thanks" you mentioned is only available after posting a certain amount. (I forgot how many posts you need to make, though.)

I have a similar problem when using wifi on the Wii when multiple devices are connected at once. Sometimes my Wii can't even get online on any game because of it!

Also, the "Thanks" you mentioned is only available after posting a certain amount. (I forgot how many posts you need to make, though.)

Thanks for your explanation. :)

I'm going to try MK7 online without connecting any other devices to the net and see how it goes. Cheers again.

Is it true guys?

Has the fake-block gone to fake-block heaven?

Gone and not missed. So much say I didn't even notice until I read your post :)

Gone and not missed. So much say I didn't even notice until I read your post :)

Not even missed:weep:

They could've at least given us fake coins!

Not even missed:weep:

They could've at least given us fake coins!

The fair, it's better than the squid!

Why don't you pretend they're still in and avoid random boxes when the mood takes you and sometimes when you get an item just smash your self into the wall?

I've tried the first GP (mushroom cup 150cc) over 10 times, and every time I end up with a 2 star rating... WTH!? Im 1st in every lap, getting good times, and win all 4 races. I just cant get a 3 star rating, any advice?

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got 3* on Mushroom cup.

Edited by -Dem0-

I've tried the first GP (mushroom cup) over 10 times, and every time I end up with a 2 star rating... WTH!? Im 1st in every lap, getting good times, and win all 4 races. I just cant get a 3 star rating, any advice?

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got 3* on Mushroom cup.

So what did you do differently in order to achieve 3 stars, did you have to collect 10 coins or what? Spill the beans, friend. :)

actually I didnt do anything differently, I normally have 10 coins at the end of a race, but I did get a slightly faster time on shy guy bazaar... apart from that minuscule difference I havent done anything different at all, while on this topic, are there any certain requirements that you have to meet in order to receive a 3* rating on a given GP?

Got this for Christmas.

I've breezed through the 50cc class with 3 stars on all cups, and have started on the 100cc. Set myself a few Time Trial times, and been having fun. I may not be able to join the N-E League due to working Thursday evenings, but I'll be sure to add myself as I would love to play you guys some time.

So let me get this straight.

Metal Mario, .....got in, ....in favour of other regulars or WAY MORE SUITABLE NEWCOMERS such as Prof. E. Gadd or Lubba.

Moreover, it got in in favour of respectable racers such as Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, WALUIGI, or, indeed, KING BOO!!

I have never been more outraged in my entire life!

So let me get this straight.

Metal Mario, .....got in, ....in favour of other regulars or WAY MORE SUITABLE NEWCOMERS such as Prof. E. Gadd or Lubba.

Moreover, it got in in favour of respectable racers such as Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, WALUIGI, or, indeed, KING BOO!!

I have never been more outraged in my entire life!

What, and have to create a new character model instead of just retexturing an old one?

That's ridiculous, Fused King. This is why you don't work at Nintendo.

I'm still waiting for Baby Birdo, Dry Daisy and Metal Luigi and Metal Peach and Metal Yoshi and Metal Bowser and Metal Wario and Metal Lakitu.

I mean those are the real characters we need to see.

Instead of Baby Mario we should have an old, overweight Mario. They could call him Shatner Mario.

actually I didnt do anything differently, I normally have 10 coins at the end of a race, but I did get a slightly faster time on shy guy bazaar... apart from that minuscule difference I havent done anything different at all, while on this topic, are there any certain requirements that you have to meet in order to receive a 3* rating on a given GP?

Yeah, I would like to know that too.

Instead of Baby Mario we should have an old, overweight Mario. They could call him Shatner Mario.

Whoa, whoa there! What's good ole Billy ever done to you, mate? :D Hehe