NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

This game is so much easier than the wii version for getting 3 stars, the wii version needed perfect racing to get it, this one is so much more lax. Thankfully!

Behind the scenes Mario Kart real Karts video!

This is a new one, different from the last one seen on the web.

I just had an online match with 3 people as Rosalina and 4 people as Toad

What the hell is going on

Whadda you mean?

The 3DS can't be hacked, can it?

Four toads I can understand - he's the best after all.

Three Rosalina's...I don't even consider her to be a character.

I am sick of people doing the Wuhu Mountain Loop glitch and only selecting that course

Na, that's not rubber banding really. I've caught up to a douche who did that on WiFi easily enough

.........Wut?

Ofc it's rubber banding, the game doesn't have complete AI. Infact, most Mario Kart's feature rubber banding, though some much more than others.

You catching up to someone else on WiFi isn't rubber banding, more your lap time being quicker than his. The computer players are just given much higher top speed and item preference, hence why they catch up with you. Didn't you play Mario Kart 64? Take the short cut on rainbow road and drive a perfect lap; they'll catch up by the end of the lap.

I dont know why but I'm having trouble playing this, wish I could change the button config.

I dont know why but I'm having trouble playing this, wish I could change the button config.

I kinda wish I could use R to accelerate but oh well.

Gotta say, the track design in this game is brilliant. I like how they've focussed on making the levels similar in design to SMK, MKDS and DD, with the focus on more tight courses requiring good drifting skills. Large and open levels similar to MK:Wii and MK64 are pretty much non existent apart from in the retro courses.

Does anyone know where you can buythe official wheel?

Im wanting it more as a comfort grip than as an actual wheel.

God this game is frustrating.

4 Blue shells in one race, its doing everything to stop me getting 3 stars.

4 Blue shells in one race, its doing everything to stop me getting 3 stars.

Just do what I did and slam the brakes on everytime the AI gets a blue shell. Once I started doing this I achieved 3 stars on all the races pretty easily.

Just got this game yesterday, and been trying to unlock every character in the 150 cc before going online with it. Seems like a more smoother and fun version of Mario Kart DS if I have to compare it.

Also love the new Rainbow Road's music to no end.

This game isn't half as irritating as the Wii version for being fucked over by the computer. Done one race on all GP's up to mirror. 3 starred all 50 and 100 and most of 150cc with 3 fails (two 2stars and one 1), only racing one each. That NEVER happened on the wii version!!

Since getting 3 stars I've been really into using the first person view (minus the gyro controls), it makes the game seem a lot faster and more challenging too! :awesome:

It's not exactly ideal for VS play or time trials, but for single player GP mode it's a lot of fun. :yay:

Employment sucks, I'm missing playing with you guys but there's just no time outside of work and studying D=

How many of us have 3 stars now then? My 3 stars only really psyche people out on worldwide mode, no one in the communities pays me no mind as I'm not that good at competitive racing haha

I love this game, I really do, but it's pissing me off. Not the blueshells are cheap AI. But the street pass and spot pass stuff is.

I really thought this would be the game to nail it. But it's worse than the wii version. On the wii version you can see where your times rank continental, world and friends. In fact, most games do this. Zen Pinball I downloaded for 4,50 lets me do this.

But Mario Kart 7 doesn't. Nintendo send me 7 ghosts; but I don't care. I want to know what people on my fucking friends list are getting. There's not even a list of times to compare never mind the ability to download the ghost (like you could in the wii version).

And streetpass... I don't care what stupid name you give them, or what their favourite car combination is, and i definitely don't want to play against them in a GP (though all nice additions); I want their times an ghosts. What do we get? ONE FUCKING GHOST!! That's it!! I street passed the same person twice, and it gave me the same ghost!!!

It's so disappointing. It's poor from Nintendo, but also highlights something else that is poor about nintendo. No patching. They could fix this idiotic decision to have no communication between friends and such; but they don't patch, so we're stuck with never being able to compare times with any of our friends...

I've got a guy at work who's thinking of buying and signing up to le forums to take part with us in the new year, too.

EDIT:Previously this post evidenced what a spastic I am, no longer is the case.

I'm getting a bit fed up with how long it's taking to unlock the final few kart parts. I'm at the stage when I'm getting new parts every 500 coins, so a minimum of 50 races, and it's all getting a bit samey. :hmm: Looking toward to getting SM3DL for Christmas, at least. :)

Edited by Mike

I really hope this Wuhu Mountain shit is patchable or blockable online. It does my head in when I get back from work, sit down for a couple of online races to find every fucker is voting for it.

I can easily pull off the glitch to compete, but I feel bad for the guys who don't know what the fucks going on so I stick to the course and give them a good old fashioned race.

I really hope this Wuhu Mountain shit is patchable or blockable online. It does my head in when I get back from work, sit down for a couple of online races to find every fucker is voting for it.

I can easily pull off the glitch to compete, but I feel bad for the guys who don't know what the fucks going on so I stick to the course and give them a good old fashioned race.

I'm new to the Mario Kart franchise (and I really suck at it tbh. I can't get used to handle power-ups and avoid being hit by shells while driving at the same time haha). And so I'm one of the easy victims I guess if someone wants to use the apparent glitch (gotta look it up on Youtube I suppose) you're talking about, Debug Mode. Anyway, I just signed up here to join the N-Europe community so if anybody needs to boost their self esteem I'll be around from time to time. :D

I'm new to the Mario Kart franchise (and I really suck at it tbh.

That goes hand in hand. I can vaguely remember being introduced to Mario Kart by a friend in split-screen multiplayer on the N64 and having no clue about what was going on whatsoever. ;)

Yes, looks like I just can't practice in single mode for half an hour and jump right into online races and expect to win ay.

Incidentally, I'm experiencing some sort of steering lock during online races. Unfortunately, it happens quite often for me when in online mode - my kart doesn't respond sometimes when I try to steer left or right and thus continues driving straight into a wall or off the track. Very frustrating. Is there something I can do to amend this or is it a glitch/bug?

Anyone know where the wheel is being sold, amazon have sold out ?

As for wuhu i have never done the glitch i would never lower myself to that level,

If people pick it i purposefully get out in front with some wepons and kick the shit out of them when they try to do the jump of the edge , by the time they get it done the shortcut is useless :)

Even if the level did not have the glitch it is by far the most boring track in mario kart history.

I also take great pleasure is consistantly beating them in normal races after :)