NEurope
Retro_Link

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

At a guess, @Ike organises his titles so that 3DS exclusives (whether retail or otherwise) are on the main screen, whereas there are folders for other things. I only say this because I organise mine a bit like that, but with a slight difference. I have folders for:

* 3DS exclusives

* DSi Ware

* Game Boy/Color

* NES

* GBA

* Videos (remember the days?)

Yes, I'm sad! :heh:

At a guess, @Ike organises his titles so that 3DS exclusives (whether retail or otherwise) are on the main screen, whereas there are folders for other things. I only say this because I organise mine a bit like that, but with a slight difference. I have folders for:

* 3DS exclusives

* DSi Ware

* Game Boy/Color

* NES

* GBA

* Videos (remember the days?)

Yes, I'm sad! :heh:

Yep, pretty much the same folder structure expect I have a "retail" , "demo" and "Game Gear" folders as well as those. Will maybe move Paper Mario to the retail folder at some point, probably when I'm done.

I don't like having an empty homescreen so I leave the 3DS titles on it to make it more interesting, however I was thinking of trimming it down a bit.

Well, this is a little bit disappointing - not the game itself, but my attempts to purchase it. I aimed to pick it up tonight, but neither of my local Tescos is stocking it (or has even heard of it). One of them is an "Extra" too. Comes to something when big supermarkets aren't stocking Nintendo's big handheld Christmas game...

Guess I've missed out on the sticker book.

Tesco seem to have given up on Nintendo products for reasons best known to themselves. No new 3DS stock, no sign of the Wii U, but loads of Xbox and PS3 in both of our local stores. I remember when everywhere started doing this with the Gamecube.

Well, this is a little bit disappointing - not the game itself, but my attempts to purchase it. I aimed to pick it up tonight, but neither of my local Tescos is stocking it (or has even heard of it). One of them is an "Extra" too. Comes to something when big supermarkets aren't stocking Nintendo's big handheld Christmas game...

ShopTo for me all the way now, their quick despatch means I get most stuff next day, if not within 2. So much easier than going to a shop and finding they don't even have what I want!

ShopTo for me all the way now, their quick despatch means I get most stuff next day, if not within 2. So much easier than going to a shop and finding they don't even have what I want!

Yes! ShopTo delivered my copy of the game on Wednesday! :grin:

They did have the Wii U tonight (Basic only - Premium was out of stock). Ah well, guess I'll have to come to a new arrangement. Personally, I really loved GAME a few years ago - thought they were perfect.

My local Tesco has got rid of all DS and Wii stock. Its 3DS only at the moment and it slim pickings. No Wii U yet.

Just picked this up today via Digital Download, and after just 1 hour I love this game (finished W1-1 only). Crisp 'paper' graphics. Fighting system is streamlined, easy to use, and not over-indulgent (I get bored of heavy RPG's). Humorous. And to cap it all off, the shiny stickers on the lower screen, top notch.

Just picked this up today via Digital Download, and after just 1 hour I love this game (finished W1-1 only). Crisp 'paper' graphics. Fighting system is streamlined, easy to use, and not over-indulgent (I get bored of heavy RPG's). Humorous. And to cap it all off, the shiny stickers on the lower screen, top notch.

Second this. The shinies really got me when I noticed, as I mentioned it's brilliant attention to detail.

Regarding the bosses now that I've fought another: I can see the criticism. However, I think they've been approached from the wrong angle. They aren't just another fight, or a boss fight, moreso a glorified puzzle that happens to masquerade as a boss fight. The game makes it relatively easy to leave, go get something, and come back to said 'boss' as well as giving little clues(at least for the second one, in addition to kirsti's advice after a failure). Top it off, tbh, when I've gone into a fight I've already had an inkling of what's probably needed anyway; so I don't think they're that big a deal, really.

Had a play on this on the way into work this morning. The 3D on the XL is well suited to this type of cutout game, but it makes everything look way more jagged than expected. The stickers in battle seem kind of interesting, but I can't really judge so early in. The feeling I get now is the game will probably get very annoying later on as supplies of key stickers run low forcing you to slog through earlier stages to recollect the ones you need.

How about some positive feedback? The dialogue is absolutely wonderful. Every single line has been absolute gold and surpasses expectations. The episodic levels are a nice addition too - I suspect this was implemented due to this being a handheld title and so far it seems like the right call.

With writing this good, it just makes me wish for some cool quirky companions to accompany me through each level. The entire experience is probably gonna be a balance between how annoying the gameplay is versus how good the dialogue/characters are.

Finished the first world and the first level of the second and third world today. I like it very much so far. The lack of rpg element and allies haven't bothered, I didn't even think about it until now. The battle system and use of stickers is great

Guy: I haven't encountered any sudden lack of stickers. There are always plenty laying around.

Yeah, so far if anything I'm ending up with too many stickers! I think they've done a nice job of balancing with the tiering too, save your good stickers and teh fight'll go better but worse comes to worst, the game will provide enough helpful stickers around to get by.

Anyhow, I'm somewhat worried atm, I might be stuck. Anybody ventured into World 3 yet?

So, getting wigglers bits. I got the first bit(it 'joined' me) from 3-4 Strike Lake, but then went into town(main town). Then I played another level, and got the second bit from3-5 loop loop river(it put up a fight, though), this time I went back to Wiggler - taking the bit with me. However, I didn't do this for the first bit and now it is neither back in the level; nor am I sure where it is and whether I have possibly broken the game? I'm mildly stuck too on the second exit of 3-4 Strike Lake in getting the right sticker to knock down the pins and get to the second exit shard? Been thinking it'd be a ball of some sort, but the only thing I've found ballwise is the poolball and that failed.

EDIT: Well, I've done almost everything. Pretty sure my game is fucking glitched beyond fixing. What a bitch. Nope, just an idiot.

Edited by Rummy

There's a ball in the right most tree in the screen before the pins. Found it by accident. I haven't checked if it can be used there yet, but it probably does. Haven't collected any wiggler bits yet. I have been zigzagging between world 2 and 3 to spice things up. The wiggler bit in that area is hiding someplace new and I can't find it again, it has escaped be so far.

First time I nearly ran out of stickers was the first world boss fight. I got told off for wasting stickers. :laughing:

Seems I got as far as I can in world 2 before I have to explore different areas to progress, which is pretty interesting they force you to do that.

My problem is I have too many stickers now, it's always full. :laughing:

There's a ball in the right most tree in the screen before the pins. Found it by accident. I haven't checked if it can be used there yet, but it probably does. Haven't collected any wiggler bits yet. I have been zigzagging between world 2 and 3 to spice things up. The wiggler bit in that area is hiding someplace new and I can't find it again, it has escaped be so far.

yeah found that ball, tried it and it didn't work actually! had the same trouble with the wiggler bit, it ran away elsewhere(wont say where) in the level but I went back for it...and have lost it somewhere on the way. I'm fairly sure it's glitched, I can't find any other bits anywhere else - so I'm continuing off a old 2 hour save at world 1 -.-

EDIT:Actually, just managed to progress somewhere(albeit not finding the segment). This might be ok.

Edited by Rummy

yeah found that ball, tried it and it didn't work actually! had the same trouble with the wiggler bit, it ran away elsewhere(wont say where) in the level but I went back for it...and have lost it somewhere on the way. I'm fairly sure it's glitched, I can't find any other bits anywhere else - so I'm continuing off a old 2 hour save at world 1 -.-

EDIT:Actually, just managed to progress somewhere(albeit not finding the segment). This might be ok.

Just did this bit.

There is no second segment, it's the same segment, it runs off after you leave 3-4.

Yep! I've realised that now, I thought it was key to some progression elsewhere but I was wrong. Moving along now, but damn! This place really is quite a bitch! Definitely take Mike's(i think) comparison to SMW's forest of illusion!

Any one else who registered this get the questionnaire email from Nintendo? I thought I was getting the sticker book when I saw the email pop up, gutted!! :D

Yep! I've realised that now, I thought it was key to some progression elsewhere but I was wrong. Moving along now, but damn! This place really is quite a bitch! Definitely take Mike's(i think) comparison to SMW's forest of illusion!

Yeaaah, I'm in world 4 now and I haven't even finish world 2 or 3...

£25 at Amazon. Been out 3 days... :cry:

Seriously, do you think if I ordered it now I would get the sticker book? (Anyone know the European sales so far?) I was disappointed not to be able to pick it up on Friday. Since then, I decided to wait for a price cut as I assumed I'd missed out on the sticker book. If that's not the case, I might still buy it soon.

Seriously, do you think if I ordered it now I would get the sticker book? (Anyone know the European sales so far?) I was disappointed not to be able to pick it up on Friday. Since then, I decided to wait for a price cut as I assumed I'd missed out on the sticker book. If that's not the case, I might still buy it soon.

You could call Nintendo tomorrow and ask them whether there are any left. If there aren't, then you could always buy one through eBay. :grin:

Hmm well I got a questionnaire sent to me about 6pm today specifically about how i was finding the game, so they know I have it and registered it (first thing Friday) but nothing to say I have a sticker book... But then they never put a timescale on letting people know, difficult one, but I guess worth a shot if sales rumours are to be believed, and you want that book! :) if nothing else is a cracking little adventure.