NEurope
Retro_Link

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

It looks like a return to form after the disastrous Super Paper Mario.

Disastrous?

Personally I loved Super Paper Mario

This game can only be awesome. Please have Superstar Saga humour, please have Superstar Saga humour...

It does look Awesome! :D

I'm really, really hoping that switching between 2D/3D will have gameplay effects (i.e. objects floating above the screen in 3D, but reachable in 2D).
If the design team should be ashamed of themselves if they haven't thought of this! Mind you, us Nintendo fans quite often have better ideas than Nintendo end up putting in their games these days!

:blank:...

Code_Blue_by_leogomes91.gif

Never has walking around been this epic!

Edited by Fused King

Disastrous?

Personally I loved Super Paper Mario

It was still disastrous and it still sucked. :p

This game can only be awesome. Please have Superstar Saga humour, please have Superstar Saga humour...

Why not Paper Mario humor? The Paper Mario series has always been at least as funny as the Mario & Luigi games, in my opinion.

Just getting round to checking these news updates now - everytime I see threads such as this posted in, my first instinct is Fused King is just bumping it. :wink: The video looks like more of the same Paper Mario goodness, really need to see it in the flesh to judge the 3D though.

I do think this game needs a lot more work done; probably on par with Mario Kart 3DS.

Indeed Killer Kirby, 't is a shame about the audience, but what shocked me the most was a 6 + 2 attack on that goomba!:o What shoes was he wearing!

Loved the Bob-ombs though, reminded me of the final chapter in The Thousand Year Door:D

Still, this trailer more or less focused on the platforming aspects of the Paper Mario series; which led me to believe that it is indeed nowhere near completion.

Ow well, back to planning my Paper Mario Marathon and you're all invited!

I had a dream my sister bought me a 3DS and it came with Paper Mario(at first I was disappointed I didn't get OoT but then saw that) only it was half in japanese and half in english and something weird happened and I wasn't sure if the 3D worked but it felt a bit better than normal.

I am so sad now that I've woken up, and realise I do not own such a thing :( Is Paper Mario going to be released with it, or is its date unknown?

I had a dream my sister bought me a 3DS and it came with Paper Mario(at first I was disappointed I didn't get OoT but then saw that) only it was half in japanese and half in english and something weird happened and I wasn't sure if the 3D worked but it felt a bit better than normal.

I am so sad now that I've woken up, and realise I do not own such a thing :( Is Paper Mario going to be released with it, or is its date unknown?

As of yet unknown, my friend.........unknown:nono:

FUSED KING's THOUGHTS TIME!

I'd like to know a speculative answer from you guys regarding the following question:

Now that Paper Mario is getting the handheld treatment, could we be seeing the Mario&Luigi series appearing on a console in the near future!??!?

Also, ...

Does anyone know what Alphadream is currently concocting?

Now that Paper Mario is getting the handheld treatment, could we be seeing the Mario&Luigi series appearing on a console in the near future!??!?

Unlikely. If they did a full 3D Mario & Luigi game, it would have to be the size of a small 3D Zelda to live up to the previous games (well, the two good ones, anyway), and there's no way Nintendo would spend so much money on what's a comparatively small series.

As for 2D, sprites would never happen and Wario Land-like graphics would just make the game look like Paper Mario anyway.

As excited as I am for this new Paper Mario game, I kind of wish they'd kept the series away from the domain of the Mario & Luigi series. :blank:

FUSED KING's THOUGHTS TIME!

I'd like to know a speculative answer from you guys regarding the following question:

Also, ...

Does anyone know what Alphadream is currently concocting?

Aren't they practically the same? Just swap luigi for an ally etc?

personallY I prefer the paper mario series to the mario and luigi one so I'm all for this.

Same here, I think they're a lot better. I never liked having to control Mario and Luigi at the same time with different buttons, and they're generally more low-key than Paper Mario.

It's an interesting question, though, which ones should be on consoles and which ones should be on handhelds. Thousand Year Door was one of the system sellers for the GameCube because of its amazing origami bosses. That took a certain amount of graphical clout.

However, consoles aren't always better or more enjoyable to play on. Does anyone really want a "proper" Paper Mario game on Wii? It wouldn't look any better than Super Paper Mario, nor would it have the 3D effect.

I think, ideally, there should be both a console and handheld series of Paper Mario, like there is with Zelda.

I was really looking forward to watching the preview of this at 3DS event on Saturday, I loved the N64 and Cube Paper Mario's so wanted to check it out in 3D.

Of course someone decided it would be fun to try and get to the home screen and in the process broke the 3DS unit it was playing on, not gonna name and shame anyone mind...

it was IAmMarti - bitch [noparse]:p[/noparse]

Cool this looks good I cant wait.

I canant wait for it either... :heh:

....canand...go back to the pokemon thread, bumping this thread just made me very upset there was no news on this game this week *Now you will have to deal with Fused King, he going to be very upset with you*

....canand...go back to the pokemon thread, bumping this thread just made me very upset there was no news on this game this week *Now you will have to deal with Fused King, he going to be very upset with you*

I was first annoyed this wasn't bumped with new info... then I was surprised that it was someone other than Fused King that was responsible for the pointless bump this time. :laughing: