NEurope
Retro_Link

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I PREDICTED THIS, I AM GOD! (claiming this thread)

So did i...amongst alot of other things...check my predictions in that E3 thread! :wink:

Fair enough:)

This waiting is killing me:(

Edited by Fused King

Let us venture into the wonderful world of fantasy once more :D :D :D :D

(It also appears that Mario will be able to wear different suits, for instance the Frog Suit.)That's what my Dutch sources state anyway.

PaperMario3DS_ss5.jpg

PaperMario3DS_ss6.jpg

PaperMario3DS_ss7.jpg

Despite my major, and I mean MAJOR!, backlog, this game + 3DS is a first day get.

Same here fused, I have so many games still to play through on the wii and ds (and ps3); an I have a huge list of games I want to buy, plus all the stuff that's coming out...then this!!! I'm starting to do a lot more travelling so I hope I can beast all my DS stuff. Just need to systematically play through my games... The same thing is happening as it did with the gamecube, left with loads of unplayed games!! The 3DS and all it's games just look great, I'm going to spend a fortune I can see it. Love new hardware releases!

I'm so glad to see the stage back again for fights, as I'm hoping for a proper return to a proper Paper Mario game. I absolutely adored the GCN one, lost myself in it completely and it was just hilarious! But the Super Paper Mario game I never really liked. It was like Diet Paper Mario. The 2D-3D-2D effect was cool but the game itself just wasn't a proper PM game.

This time though it looks like I'll be purchasing this one as soon as it's released! Can't wait! As for the sticker thing, I'm sure Nintendo have that sorted. It'll probably just float down to the 3D landscape, like you're playing inside a big cardboard box and are placing the sticker on the floor. Or it could be as simple as it won't change from previous games. The stickers themselves could be like those hologram stickers you used to get as kids, so they're still flat stickers but their content is 3D.

Can. Not. Wait.

I prefer my idea of having to turn the slider to 2D in order to use the stickers as items/bridges/whatever.

I'm so glad to see the stage back again for fights, as I'm hoping for a proper return to a proper Paper Mario game. I absolutely adored the GCN one, lost myself in it completely and it was just hilarious! But the Super Paper Mario game I never really liked. It was like Diet Paper Mario. The 2D-3D-2D effect was cool but the game itself just wasn't a proper PM game.

This time though it looks like I'll be purchasing this one as soon as it's released! Can't wait! As for the sticker thing, I'm sure Nintendo have that sorted. It'll probably just float down to the 3D landscape, like you're playing inside a big cardboard box and are placing the sticker on the floor. Or it could be as simple as it won't change from previous games. The stickers themselves could be like those hologram stickers you used to get as kids, so they're still flat stickers but their content is 3D.

Can. Not. Wait.

By 'a proper Paper Mario game' do you mean the gameplay mechanics i.e. the way you battle on the stage turn-based?

Because then I'd agree with you that Super Paper Mario wasn't a 'proper' Paper Mario game.

I had no comments on the story though, that most certainly upholds the Paper Mario legacy of Chapters and crazy sub-plots.

I would be so much more excited for this game had Super Paper Mario not exist.

I need to replay TYD before this comes out.

By 'a proper Paper Mario game' do you mean the gameplay mechanics i.e. the way you battle on the stage turn-based?

Because then I'd agree with you that Super Paper Mario wasn't a 'proper' Paper Mario game.

I had no comments on the story though, that most certainly upholds the Paper Mario legacy of Chapters and crazy sub-plots.

Yes. These are after all videogames. It didn't matter to me that it was trying to have a similar kind of plot etc (they could've done that in any other Mario game like Mario&Luigi for example) the game just wasn't Paper Mario. I'll actually wait for the reviews in nGamer now, a mag I trust, to see if they've kept away from that game and made a proper PM game.

Yes. These are after all videogames. It didn't matter to me that it was trying to have a similar kind of plot etc (they could've done that in any other Mario game like Mario&Luigi for example) the game just wasn't Paper Mario. I'll actually wait for the reviews in nGamer now, a mag I trust, to see if they've kept away from that game and made a proper PM game.

I hear you man.

Super Paper Mario would've been that much awesomer if it actually had the stage and the turn-based gameplay:bowdown:

I hear you man.

Super Paper Mario would've been that much awesomer if it actually had the stage and the turn-based gameplay:bowdown:

Too true :) It was the whole point of Paper Mario, that it was a funny, unique RPG. I never played the one on the N64, but I adored The Thousand Year Door and loved spending time in that world, finishing off as much as I could, it was just so much fun to play I wasn't in any rush to complete it :D I remember even loving the music on the "load a saved game" screen so much I'd let it play for ages while I assembled all the munchies for a huge gaming session on it!!

Have you played the N64 version? What's it like in comparison to TTYD? Worth a purchase?

Too true :) It was the whole point of Paper Mario, that it was a funny, unique RPG. I never played the one on the N64, but I adored The Thousand Year Door and loved spending time in that world, finishing off as much as I could, it was just so much fun to play I wasn't in any rush to complete it :D I remember even loving the music on the "load a saved game" screen so much I'd let it play for ages while I assembled all the munchies for a huge gaming session on it!!

Have you played the N64 version? What's it like in comparison to TTYD? Worth a purchase?

Paper Mario 64 is definitely up there with The Thousand Year Door!

The great thing about TTYD is the fact that it plays in a completely different environment than The Mushroom Kingdom (That's also why I enjoyed The Bean Bean Kingdom of Superstar Saga so much:) )

However,

despite the fact that Paper Mario 64 plays in The Mushroom Kingdom, the sub-plots are still as quirky as always.

There is no stage to fight on and there is also no audience, but trust me, the turn-based gameplay is still loads of fun.

Also,

Mario meets way more buddies who want to join him on his quest, so diversity in fighting buds is present.

They're both equally great in there own right, so if you want to play another Paper Mario adventure before the one on the 3DS; GET THIS ONE!

papermario_n64guide.jpg

Man, so this is some fresh new paper mario for the 3DS? Nintendo are slags, are they forcing me to buy a 3DS?!

Same here fused, I have so many games still to play through on the wii and ds (and ps3); an I have a huge list of games I want to buy, plus all the stuff that's coming out...then this!!! I'm starting to do a lot more travelling so I hope I can beast all my DS stuff. Just need to systematically play through my games... The same thing is happening as it did with the gamecube, left with loads of unplayed games!! The 3DS and all it's games just look great, I'm going to spend a fortune I can see it. Love new hardware releases!

A side-effect of getting older, I'm getting more and more convinced of it cos my games are piling up too!

I have Paper Mario on my VC(I do believe as a christmas present from Marcamillian, in fact!) and I never even managed to get round to finishing it(something I should really do soon). I did complete TTYD ofc, and I think I might think Paper Mario actually presented a bit more in the way of challenge and whatnot, but gameplay wise it's right up there. You'll get used to its differences pretty quickly and come to love it, imo. Definitely worth a £7 punt on the VC.

It's this game that will make me get a 3DS, it's far greater then any other game in the making for the 3DS (At the moment) and only 2 pages of hype? Mostly coming from fused king? Bah.

I dunno, I DO kind of want to play OoT on it as well, interested in that to see what they did with the fishing. However, if this is a new sMRPG, then I'm going to very much want to play it. I guess I best start saving teh monies now!

It's this game that will make me get a 3DS, it's far greater then any other game in the making for the 3DS (At the moment) and only 2 pages of hype? Mostly coming from fused king? Bah.

Don't worry, this place will be crowded once they hear that Geno is confirmed.:laughing:

So... Geno. Is it all nostalgia or did I miss something? I only played Mario RPG on the Virtual Console and I never thought he was anything special, tbh. ::shrug:

This reminds me. I still haven't finished Super Paper Mario! What's wrong with me? (Besides the obvious)

You better start playin', boy, or you might find a cow's head next to you when you open your eyes this mornin'.

Kirby is cute, no?

This is my most anticipated game on the 3DS. It looks like a return to form after the disastrous Super Paper Mario. If anything's going to get me to buy a 3DS, it's this.

I think that, if done right, Paper Mario could have the most impressive (and unique) 3D effects.

I'm really, really hoping that switching between 2D/3D will have gameplay effects (i.e. objects floating above the screen in 3D, but reachable in 2D).