NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

This is very good news indeed! I'll check out my town centre, do you think WHSmith will have them? If I don't find it I'm going to my closest cooperative. It's about a 10min bus ride.

Good news! I was at CO-OP earlier, and saw they had the album, which is a bulky folder, for sale in the magazine section. It's £5.99 and comes with two sets of cards.

Forgot to look if they were selling the cards separately at the tills though.

It was the official Panini one? Very strange to see it silently released like that. I still can't even find any mention of it on the Panini website.

Defintley. At first I thought it was some Kid Icarus promotion on the outer packaging of a kid's comic, but on closer inspection it turned out to be the folder.

I'll take a photo of it on my next visit, unless Dem0 or someone elsewhere manages to track down and buy one before then. No intrest in getting one for myself :heh:

Just got this today. Any tips on the best place to buy the AR cards? Dude on eBay selling 10 packs for about £10... legit?

Game seems pretty daunting, thought I might need to take an Open University course before I can play it.

The European rate for the cards seems to be €1 per pack, so it's probably worth seeing how much they are in UK stores (whenever and wherever they're available).

Of course, the best place to get them is probably for free on Club Nintendo.

Of course, the best place to get them is probably for free on Club Nintendo.

Expired :cry:

Wasn't in WHSmith or Co-op.

EDIT: From Gonintendo

- Cards found being sold at select WHSmith stores in the UK

- Each pack contains 6 cards, and costs £1.50 ($2.30)

- 404 Cards to collect, divided into four different groups of rarity

- 261 Base cards, 96 Silver cards, 45 Gold cards, 2 Diamond cards

- Silver cards are found once in every 2 packs

- Gold cards are found once in every 8 packs

- Diamond card "403 - Pit" found once in every 67 packs

- Diamond card "404 - Palutena (Rare)" found once in every 1,600 packs

Sorry @RedShell, no 405.

Edited by -Dem0-

Sorry @RedShell, no 405.
Man, what are Nintendo waiting for? :hmm:

If it's not going to even be obtainable from the booster packs, I suppose it'll be given away at an event sometime. ::shrug:

Edited by RedShell

I have absolutely no idea what a 'silver' or 'gold' card is supposed to look like.

I have a yellow-coloured Space Pirate card though is that 'gold'?

Some cards are purple, some are more purple, some are green.

They're all from the Stars Catalogue, so maybe I have no special ones.

One of my followers on Twitter got a pic :-

AxSMVBACAAAttnS.jpg

You actually get 3 packs with the folder.

Gotta get myself down to WHSmith then :)

Whatdoya mean I'm 24 and buying trading cards!?

I only have 1 diamond card pit rally cry i think , hoping to get the binder im 26 :P 32 is not too old haha

will post any swaps i have on here i know ihave a few doubles

I set up a thread in the trades section and no one gave a fuck about it

I set up a thread in the trades section and no one gave a fuck about it

Probably because there was only like 4 of us who actually got any cards from Nintendo.

I need that album in my life. I'm gonna nip to the Metro Centre sometime this week and see if WH Smiths have them. I wish you could just them them online, would make things a lot easier.

So £1.50 RRP a pack of 6 cards apparently, 400+ cards to collect, that's an absolute bare minimum of £100 to complete the collection. In reality probably much more. Pass :o

Maybe not if your H-o-T or Debug Mode...

anyway, just imagine a complete collection of cards in that folder...

Maybe not if your H-o-T or Debug Mode...

I shit you not, I got a crap load of spares. It's such a shame I'm in no position to further my collection right now =(

£1.50 per pack is just stupid. They'll lose so many customers at that price...

£1.50 per pack is just stupid. They'll lose so many customers at that price...

Yeah, that is a bit steep. I was expecting £1.00 tops. What happened to the days when a pack of stickers cost 20p? Man, i'm getting old. :D

It was 50p back in the day for a pack of footie stickers for me. Remember getting off of the train and running to the newsagents on the way down to school every morning and buying handfuls and then trading doubles at school with friends and even teachers :D *sigh* Those were the days......

£1.50 doesn't seem that bad too me (isn't it like £2.50/£3 for a pack of Pokemon cards or something?) but then I don't intend to collect the cards. They have no real use outside of a small AR feature so a bit pointless. IF they could have been used for a Top Trumps style game or something, then I'd be all for it. Miss the days of playing Top Trumps, especially with the Simpsons pack......

This post is turning into a nostalgic trip. Erm... yeah been thinking of finally picking the game up recently. Maybe today if I can drag myself out. Who knows. Give me something to play on the 3DS other than Mario Kart: Super Circuit (which I'm enjoying more now than I enjoyed MK7) and the rather 'meh' Shinobi 3D.

It is possible to have a top trumps style battle with the cards but you need a 3DS to scan the cards and show the stats. Notice the arrows on the tops of the cards? Have them face each other then go into the game's AR mode and see what happens :)