NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

And here is the first part of Iwata asks with Sakurai.

Edit: Turning the selection of powers into a min-maxing-mechanic by having to fit powers into a panel and representing powers by differently shaped "puzzle pieces" was an ingenuous system in Infinite Space and I'm sure it will be here. Even more so, if there is a compelling collection mechanic for the powers.

Edited by Burny

I'm quite surprised, this game went from not sure to pre-ordered. Multiplayer was wild! and when you increase the difficulty, moving around in circles doesn't guarantee safety, infact that's what sakurai was showing.

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw the gameplay. It does look like it could be pretty great. It's even kept the 'Smash Out' style of gameplay and the same resultant explosion. :D

Scored 91% in Official Nintendo Magazine. "Nintendo's toonish cherub comes good. A hardcore, content-packed game."

Also worth mentioning is that the next issue (due April 5th) will include an exclusive set of AR cards for the game.

I just had a look, it seems they STILL haven't made the controls any better but at least now I know why they felt so weird. It says that moving the stylus slowly adjusts your aim and moving it quickly spins the camera.

..the next issue (due April 5th) will include an exclusive set of AR cards for the game

I may have to actually buy the magazine for a change..

Scored 91% in Official Nintendo Magazine

..and maybe the game too :eek:

I'm a subscriber so great news (thank you tesco clubcard points).

Games looks great, really can't wait for it! Be interesting to see how they distribute all the cards, and do they do anything other than AR fights? That'll get boring quick.

Oh, and there's a QR code going around to look at 3D images on the 3DS, how do I do this? Only place to look at codes is mii Maker and it just says 'code not a mii'. How do I do it?

I'm a subscriber so great news (thank you tesco clubcard points).

Games looks great, really can't wait for it! Be interesting to see how they distribute all the cards, and do they do anything other than AR fights? That'll get boring quick.

Oh, and there's a QR code going around to look at 3D images on the 3DS, how do I do this? Only place to look at codes is mii Maker and it just says 'code not a mii'. How do I do it?

here you go http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173183

Press L/R on the main menu. There should be a QR code option on the bottom screen.

Scored 91% in Official Nintendo Magazine. "Nintendo's toonish cherub comes good. A hardcore, content-packed game."

I'm still not convinced by it. I desperately want to love it but its just not sitting right with me; the design choices, the art and VO, the stand.

Tried to view the photos in 3D but the site doesn't even load properly, you would think they would do a 3DS specific page.

Yay finally pit won! based on what I read it sounds like these AR cards are going to be hard to collect. well at this moment in time that is.

People seen the new trailer on the shop? Games looks better and better evert time I see it. Also thought a lot of the banter was really good, very self aware; it will get a little annoying I'm sure but I reckon it'll be great overall. Can't wait to get this!

People seen the new trailer on the shop? Games looks better and better evert time I see it. Also thought a lot of the banter was really good, very self aware; it will get a little annoying I'm sure but I reckon it'll be great overall. Can't wait to get this!

A few gameplay videos released several months ago featured similar amusing banter. It's safe to say we'll be hearing it constantly.

I do hope there's a 3DS bundle, though. Not the hand stand one, just something with the console (or I can just wait for Fire Emblem)

Some of the dialogue was pretty funny:

Remember when you used to be like 'I'm finished' all the time?

:laughing:

And the hot spring stuff.

Hope there's a lot more funny stuff in there.

Edge Review - 8

"Kid Icarus is back, then, and it turns out we did miss him. With Uprising, those internet petitioners finally have something they can be proud of.

The control scheme initially seems lopsided, but works wonderfully for the flying sections, while any slight clumsiness on foot is countered by a responsive dodge.

A worryingly compulsive weapon-fusing system thrown in, adding a chunk of the Pokemon gene to a game that already feels like a smart splicing of Star Fox and Zelda."

Yay, got my review copy today! My new signature was just in time. :) Haven't tried it yet, but will post impressions later. As usual for review copies, though, no box, which means no AR cards or stand.

I'll probably dig out my DS Phat thumb strap to play this. It worked well for Metroid Hunters.

Woah, this game's amazing! It's such a shame that the controls are just as unintuitive and uncomfortable as all the previews have been saying, because, apart from that one thing, this has got so much going for it. Beautiful graphics, hilarious (but oh so cheesy) voiceovers, and an almost overwhelming number of modes and options. It's going to take me a while to get used to all the weapon stats, that's for sure, and as for multiplayer, having played against bots, let's just say that I'd be a bit of a liability on most teams at the moment! Still, looking forward to playing against you next week, though. :)

Mike are you playing with CPP or not?

Glad you're enjoying it and it's nice to hear that it's such a meaty game :-)

No, I don't have a CPP. I don't think it supports it, anyway, apart from for the left-handed option.