NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

"better do something about those tentacles" such as improve the poly count and texture work for a start.

How the game went from the NES platformer/action game to this still baffles me.

And how come they never show the use of the Bow in any of the gameplay clips instead focussing on giant hammers and bazookas that just look silly.

New details...

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/01/19/kid-icarus-uprising-has-tanks-90-levels-of-difficulty-and-a-free-stand-with-every-copy/

Kid Icarus Uprising Has Tanks, 90 Levels of Difficulty and a Free Stand With Every Copy

Some of the more interesting highlights from Nintendo's update on Kid Icarus Uprising include details on the Fiend's Cauldron. That's Nintendo's system for adjusting the "intensity level" of Uprising, offering 90 distinct levels of difficulty (from 0.0 to 9.0) that range from "Effortless" to "Standard" to "Spicy" and beyond.

Explains Nintendo of Kid Icarus Uprising's risk versus reward scheme:

As the intensity increases, players will be able to earn more Hearts and more powerful weapon drops from defeated enemies. Hearts also can be used to purchase new weapons. The standard intensity setting is 2.0, but players can precisely adjust it by increments of 0.1. In order to increase the intensity, players must bet by placing an increasing number of Hearts into the Fiend's Cauldron. If the player is defeated during the Chapter, some Hearts will be lost and the intensity will be lowered.

Nintendo also shows off one of Pit's new vehicles, the Exo Tank. It has a "powerful drift ability to boost over jumps or defeat enemies with the tank's ramming horn."

exo_tank_3ds.jpg

Yep. Drifting. In Kid Icarus.

It just gets better and better.

He may have put him in Brawl but I'm beginning to doubt whether Sakurai has ever actually played the original Kid Icarus.

Tanks? What the hell are you and your team doing to this character Sakurai?!?!?!?! Sure, it could be mindless fun piloting that thing but how does that fit in with the whole grecian theme. Sure, they've got plenty of creative freedom with the IP given that there have only been 2 2D games but this is getting a bit ridiculous now.

I'm going to have to stay away from any new info on this from now on because I'm getting progressively saddened at what they're doing. Really should have been/should be a proper action adventure game.

I've been wondering over the last few days what would have come of the IP if Retro Studios had taken the helm. Oh how I wish that had been the case......

Why couldn't they have just brought this off of Capcom and finished it off.

Despite the grittier setting, something that could easily be changed, it looks more inline with what I'd expect a modern version to look like if they didn't go the platformer route.

Eurogamer are reporting that, unsurprisingly, Kid Icarus will be launching with the spaz-stand.

They've also managed to confirm that the development team had some kind of mass breakdown part-way through:

At some point in the game, hero Pit will also be able to drive a tank.

6761563363_573e4b3c7d_b.jpg

Release date - March 23rd.

On the 3DS' first anniversary in Europe. Hope we get a demo on the e-shop!

Edited by welsh_gamer

yeah, a demo for this game would be really good, mainly because I still don't know whether or not I want this game.

Eurogamer are reporting that, unsurprisingly, Kid Icarus will be launching with the spaz-stand.

They've also managed to confirm that the development team had some kind of mass breakdown part-way through:

So both the things I posted about above then! ;)

Cool I can't wait to play this I play this at the Nintendo 3DS event last Year

did everyone get a free code for Kid Icarus 3D classic? cos i haven't recieved one yet and i registered 4 qualifying games....

did everyone get a free code for Kid Icarus 3D classic? cos i haven't recieved one yet and i registered 4 qualifying games....
Yeah I got mine.

After you registered your games did you enter your email address into the free download page of the website?

Yeah I've got mine, if you need any more help, check some of the posts on the DSi/eshop thread. theres some very helpful points in there.

has anyone seen the new "Fiends Cauldron" trailer? this mode allows the player to wager his hearts to win some rewards by increasing the difficulty. the more hearts you bet the higher the Intensity. I'm still on the fence for this, but I do love a good challenge. IMO we don't see that many challenging games.

EDIT: Thanks Coolness!

Edited by -Dem0-

You have to click on the Kid Icarus logo that appears on the right side of this website after it's finished loading: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/clubNintendoWelcome_p4.do

It might be too late to register though... Fiend's cauldron looks interesting, seems like a great way to increase replay value.

Is it just me.. or did that trailer just suggest to me that if you make Pit fly around in circles on difficulty 9.0 then you would avoid all projectiles?

If thats the case...LAME.

The box art is making me excited though. I definately wont need that silly stand though, reminds me of that magnifying glass/ light contraption that you could attach to the old game boy to 'aid' your gaming.

Is it just me.. or did that trailer just suggest to me that if you make Pit fly around in circles on difficulty 9.0 then you would avoid all projectiles?

that's the very first thing that came to my mind when watching the trailer. but I'd highly doubt that would help the player make any progress, once they run into trouble they won't know what to do as they've been fluking in circles.

I definately wont need that silly stand though, reminds me of that magnifying glass/ light contraption that you could attach to the old game boy to 'aid' your gaming.

Ah, that takes me back. I'm probably thinking of the same device as you - joystick, light, magnifying glass and wing-like stereo speakers? I wanted one so much! Thought it'd turn every Game Boy game into a masterpiece!

Ah, that takes me back. I'm probably thinking of the same device as you - joystick, light, magnifying glass and wing-like stereo speakers? I wanted one so much! Thought it'd turn every Game Boy game into a masterpiece!

Thats the one, the battery-guzzling piece of tech. Well grazza... maybe next christmas, santa might get his arse in gear and finally bring you it, better late than never!

JP Uprising Bundle Pic.

81nJmTt92NL__AA1500_.jpg

with the little Nintendo Network logo in the corner too.

Really gonna need a demo for this one. The controls scare me a little.

I don't blame you, the controls kind of made playing the demo at a 3DS booth last year very uncomfortable.

It's like playing Star Fox or Metroid on the DS except the camera slides about way too much... Definitely need a downloadable demo with sensitivity options cuz if you can't control the game there's no way you can enjoy it.

Yay crazy multiplayer that actually makes me VERY interested in this game now.

And it was nice to see how the weapons classes work with a good video that really spells it out. You know... for people like me who havne't been following very closely.