NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

I'm gonna get this for my birthday. (Five days before Xmas)

I've been playing Donkey Kong country, in preparation for this.

Edited by The Lillster

I'm just up to the first level of World 5 now - still really enjoying it, although some of the levels in World 4 were a bit samey. I really love how much they've done with the interaction between the background and the foreground; it makes what Paper Mario did with it look incredibly tame by comparison.

Holy! The banner looks fantastic!

It is pretty good right, I heard some super awesome guy made it!

That's a lie... it was me...

Reading everyones thoughts and impressions of the game is killing me. I can't believe that im not playing one of my most anticipated games of the year just because of some stupid snow! :(

Did anyone that ordered with GAME get it today? :hmm:

Reading everyones thoughts and impressions of the game is killing me. I can't believe that im not playing one of my most anticipated games of the year just because of some stupid snow! :(
It is indeed painful. :sad:

I plan to go on a killing spree* to take my mind off it.

*on GoldenEye. :heh:

Edited by RedShell
my fingers are cold :p

Did anyone that ordered with GAME get it today?

I didn't get it today either. Didn't get Super Mario All Stars either. Don't think we got any post today. I have something ordered on special delivery and according to the tracking it hasn't moved all day.

Stupid snow.

Yeah, mine is from GAME. I haven't had post in a couple of days though, probably due to the snow. I read my email again and I see that it didn't get dispatched til late afternoon, so it could be that's why it didn't arrive.

If you see anyone on Goldeneye that look's like he works for GAME or Royal Mail then shoot him for me. :D

Jesus this is hard. I'm talking Henry Hatsworth hard. Just died 19 times on a boss but literally couldn't put the controller down.

But it's perfectly tuned, so it's always your own fault.

The locales are splendid and you've really got to explore EVERYWHERE for the 'jiggies'. It's like a Metroid game or something *chortle* as the hidden stuff borders on legendary.

You know when you're an old gaming pr0 and you just 'get' clever videogame logic/design as the hidden items are where you expect? This does that and then spins your head blowing your mind with trickery beyond human comprehension.

It also makes NSMB:Wii look like it was made by amateurs.

Already one of my favourite games on Wii. Best 2D platformer since poppycocking Hatssworth on the DS? So far: yes.

It's like a Metroid game or something *chortle*

I think we all know someone who does not want to here that :grin:

I can't wait to play this.. even though I am waiting :indeed: I have no idea when I'll actually get around to buying it! I feel overloaded already and I'd quite like to get through Banjo-Tooie before moving onto this. At least I know it's gonna be fantastic when I do get around to it :yay:

Reading everyone's post's is getting me so excited! I get paid tomorrow so I could easily buy this but I've been told, "Don't buy it because.... you might be getting it for Christmas :P"

OH GOD DAMN! THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!

I have the same problem, bloody christmas :(

I can't believe you people even allowed people to buy this for you for Christmas. You're mental.

Getting this today. Am buying it and leaving the wrapping on until tonight where a friend and I shall work our way through it co-op style. There's gonna be pizza, beer, tears and a whole lotta fun.

Can't fucking wait.

My birthday is tomorrow. Wanna guess one of the gifts I asked for? g:D

Reading your comments, I can't wait to put my hands on this. I'm all warmed up after beating Hatsworth.

I've gotta wait till Christmas Day! Think I can do it...just about! Haha

Haven't received any post yet! Thing is DK will come with a t-shirt making the package bigger...might come by van cause of snow? Not sure!

Did anyone get the GAME Oxford Street deal (it was also on at one other GAME and one GameStation)?

Did anyone get the GAME Oxford Street deal (it was also on at one other GAME and one GameStation)?

Not going out that early in this weather.

WTF. Gold on time attack. Genuinely impossible. Literally.

Seconded. You know you're loving it though. The more you look the deeper it gets and the challenge is brilliant.

I wanna master every pixel of this game and become a hardcore DK player all over again.

Not going out that early in this weather.

But you could have traded a bunch of bananas for DKCR.

Seconded. You know you're loving it though. The more you look the deeper it gets and the challenge is brilliant.

I wanna master every pixel of this game and become a hardcore DK player all over again.

I've pretty much decided golding the time trials will be near impossible for me.

And...

OMG.

BOMBS AWAY. HAHASHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH LOOOOOOOL mazing LEVLEINGzomgf!!!!!!!

But you could have traded a bunch of bananas for DKCR.

I don't care, had it pre-ordered for ages anyway, I'm not going all the way in to central London in this weather in the hopes of saving about £25.

As expected I arrived in from work and still no post, luckly I dipped into Morrisons like I said I would and bagged me a copy. I just need to warm a bit and then get to playing the game.

I'm just sitting listening to the opening screen at the moment. Fantastic! :D

My local GAME didn't have any copies of this in. Haven't had a delivery days although they some how managed to get plenty of copies of Super Mario All-Stars Collection ::shrug:

So I braved it and took a 20 mile+ bus journey up to Dundee (Was heading up there anyway) and got it in the GAME there along with the T-shirt as they were just giving them away with the game. :D That store did the exact same with the Mirror's Edge Fenchurch T-shirt a few years back as well.

I'll pop it in a little to see what it's like but I really need to warm up and have some lunch first so I shall.