NEurope
Retro_Link

Kirby's Epic Yarn

This game is going to be amazing :o

It's one thing to watch a trailer, it's another to actually watch someone play naturally, explore, make mistakes, etc.

It's just...wow. Best art style ever.

Best original looking game in quite sometime! Can't wait..looks brilliant..again i hope this makes 2010 cause we need some games Ninty!

Also named "Best Wii Game" at E3 2010 by 1UP.com and "Best Graphics", "Best Platformer", "Best Wii game" and "Game of the show" by Gamespot.

Won the best graphics at E3 from GameTrailers.

I'm actually really impressed by GT's choice. Seems they acknowledged that high-definition graphics doesn't automatically equal high-quality graphics (although the other nominees don't lack the quality).

Reading the comments on there is really funny, too.

So many people trying to reason, that only the most real looking games deserves a graphics award, as they represent the highest technical achievement. A pity, that we won't be able to tell shooter game A from shooter game B, if that trend on the high-def machine continues. ;) Not that I have something against all those gritty games in their epic browns and grays. ^^

Edited by Burny

The people in the comments make me want to rip my fucking eyes out. How can there be so many blind, ignorant retards in the world.

Looks awesome, I want it!

It's fairly self-evident it's two player co-op, but does it go up to four?

I'm hoping that Zero Two will be in the game. It'd be great if they could somehow make him creepily made out of yarn.

Edited by Retro_Link

Yes the art style is great, but hopefully not at the expense of the gameplay and length, like ie. Yoshi's Story. Most of the Kirby games I've played have been rather short, except for Superstar Deluxe, so I hope for some length as well.

Kirby games are short because you can just waltz through the levels. The best thing they can do to extend length is adding collectable secrets throughout the levels (like Dream Land 2 and 3).

Edited by Retro_Link

Kirby games have never been tough (except maybe boss rush on Kirby Superstar), but they've always been fun to play through. I wouldn't go expecting this to be too challenging, just an enjoyable platforming adventure. I don't mind them being short as long as they make as good use of the graphical style for the puzzles and bosses as the trailer suggests.

Yes the art style is great, but hopefully not at the expense of the gameplay and length, like ie. Yoshi's Story. Most of the Kirby games I've played have been rather short, except for Superstar Deluxe, so I hope for some length as well.

Well it looks to be pretty certain that his copy abilities are out of this game, bit of a shame but his other moves might make it all right. Also, I think I said it before in this very thread, Yoshi's Story does seem quite short(and yes, it is) but it's actually a really big game with lots of replayability and things to find/get, plus the whole score attack can extend it a bit. If you had the patience, that is.

Kirby games have never been tough (except maybe boss rush on Kirby Superstar), but they've always been fun to play through. I wouldn't go expecting this to be too challenging, just an enjoyable platforming adventure. I don't mind them being short as long as they make as good use of the graphical style for the puzzles and bosses as the trailer suggests.

Admittedly I haven't played it since I was a kid, but the original Kirby's Dream Land was quite a beast of a game for me to manage to complete, I remember the first time I did I was so happy. Then again, most of the games I struggled with as a child come quite easy now, so maybe I *should* play it again...if I knew where it was.

Edited by Retro_Link

A recent release schedule of Nintendo games in Europe has it down for Q4 2010, so some time between October and December. It's coming this year anyway from what I can gather so that spread is indeed incorrect at the moment.

Well that list was the most recent so i'd be more inclined to believe it was 2011. Can't remember seeing that list with it down for Q4. Just remember the Q3 release list earlier this month.

I'm sure I saw one put out by NoE either earlier in the week or last week that said it was don for Q4 this year.

If it's not coming this year, you sort of have to ask why. There'll be next to no text that needs translating and so it essentially boils down to converting the game over from NTSC to PAL, which these days is done slightly quicker as much of the assets used in games are sorted in both regional codes during development to cut down on translating times.

Would just seem a little lazy to me personally if it slipped into next year seeing as it's the kind of game that would do extremely well on the Wii during the holiday period here. Are Nintendo worried about market space for the game given that there'll be other platformers launching during the holiday period and just wanting to give it some space?

I don't think I was ever really expecting it this year... I rarely expect game revealed for the first time at E3 to make it within the same year.

I just presumed this and Donkey Kong would be Early 2011.

I'd be surprised if Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn are released in the same quarter.