NEurope
Retro_Link

Kirby's Epic Yarn

I still can't believe NoE, this is so much of a christmas game in my mind, cutesy and fantastical with soothing musics, why do they rob themselves so?!

Play have also put it as the date of the guide, and ASDA and SimplyGames are saying that date. On the other side, there are 20+ sites that list the game guide as Feb 2011.

well to be honest I'm kinda glad it has been pushed back too much other stuff out I want to play.

Wow..the game absolutely rocks! The minute you start listening to the opening scene you can tell how much love has gone into this...graphically outstanding too! Feels like 'old' Nintendo platforming, which i haven't felt many times on the Wii just yet.

Any negatives? Well...it is a little too easy..if the difficulty doesn't notch up, you'll probably fly through it, with 100% collectable items on 'every' level...

Still..whats the rush? A game like this doesn't come on Wii too often..sit back and just enjoy!

Hell of ashame Europeans have to wait till 2011 for this...i believe alot of people on this forum needed this game...RIGHT NOW! Does make you think what is America going to get when Europe get this in 2011...bit of a worry..but hey ho!

Now saying it due for release on 25 March 2011

Oh dear, that clashes with the 'potential' 3DS release month. I will be hard strapped for cash!

Wow..the game absolutely rocks! The minute you start listening to the opening scene you can tell how much love has gone into this...graphically outstanding too! Feels like 'old' Nintendo platforming, which i haven't felt many times on the Wii just yet.

Any negatives? Well...it is a little too easy..if the difficulty doesn't notch up, you'll probably fly through it, with 100% collectable items on 'every' level...

Still..whats the rush? A game like this doesn't come on Wii too often..sit back and just enjoy!

Hell of ashame Europeans have to wait till 2011 for this...i believe alot of people on this forum needed this game...RIGHT NOW! Does make you think what is America going to get when Europe get this in 2011...bit of a worry..but hey ho!

You've played it? If so where at etc?

He has an American Wii so I'd guess in his room.

2010-10-22-285-YarnMeetings%20(1).jpg

:D

Edited by Ashley

Review copy arrived yesterday. I'm sure I recognise the guy they've got doing the voiceover for the cutscenes.. I think it's the one who did Bagpuss...

And as I'm sure everyone's wondering - the grass now feels like... trousers.

Review copy arrived yesterday. I'm sure I recognise the guy they've got doing the voiceover for the cutscenes.. I think it's the one who did Bagpuss...

Not slacks?

Oliver Postgate died in 2008, so it definitely isn't him.

Boooooo. icon13.gif

Oliver Postgate died in 2008, so it definitely isn't him.

Hmm, yeah... Possibly not, then. :) Well it's someone I recognise, I'm sure..

Ah, so that's the cause of the delay in Europe :P

Really looking forward to this game, I've been trying to find a nice looking desktop Wallapaper and seem to have failed.

Just got my copy :) lush game, one of the best looking games around

Edited by yesteryeargames

I'm enjoying this a lot more the further I'm getting into it. The obligatory Grass Land at the beginning is ridiculously easy, and rather uninspired, but it gets much better from the next world onwards, where every level is unique. Still not as fun as DKCR, but a really great platformer nonetheless, and like yesteryeargames says, definitely one of the best looking.

Really looking forward to this game, I've been trying to find a nice looking desktop Wallapaper and seem to have failed.

The official ones at http://www.kirbykirbykirby.com are nice, IMO.

Edited by Mike

Game's out now? How is it? Worth a purchase or rather a rental? I'd buy but I suck at playing games these days...

I won't buy it, ever probably. Kirby games belong to the easiest games in history of video gaming...

Indeed they are easy, but for some reason they always managed to entertain me as a child, so I still have some apprehensive spillover love for them. The original on gameboy wasn't that easy, and some of the 100%ing on the snes versions posed some challenge. Enjoyed some of the spin-off games too, like Pinball and Blockball, so...I guess I still hope to be impressed by Kirby, though I do think it unlikely.

So, for those in possession of it, how are ye finding it?

It certainly is easy, but like many other reviewers have said, it really doesn't seem to matter, because it's fun to play and amazing to look at. I didn't think I'd ever think that about a game, as I always like a bit of challenge, but Epic Yarn is definitely the exception. Besides, I doubt it's a complete cakewalk to get 100%, including all the extra challenges / side games.